IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

What the fuck are Warp making of all this?

they're fucking pissed

How does these label deals even work? Surely you don't sign away all your material when doing a deal and you can release outtakes whathaveyou however you want? Or?

they're fucking pissed

How does these label deals even work? Surely you don't sign away all your material when doing a deal and you can release outtakes whathaveyou however you want? Or?

As I posted above, it really depends on the deal. These days contracts are very varied. Some artists opt to sign away all of their output to a company, and in return they'll receive distribution, marking, and funds for mastering and studio time. Often the funds given are a kind of a loan to be paid back through revenue so they have to keep outputting work to pay back the cash. I imagine with an artist who works as different as RDJ, the contract is a bit "different" too, but who knows.

The voice from "make a baby" seems to be from the same kid on hangable auto bulb

I think that track is an early version of Every Day, yeah.

Where?

"Aphex thinks he does a lot if he does five interviews he’s done a lot in a campaign, so it’s nice to almost see how little he can do but yet reach lots of people with online communications."

Master of passive aggressiveness :cat:

The voice from "make a baby" seems to be from the same kid on hangable auto bulb

All the vocal samples are from an old documentary series called 'Children Talking'. You can find the complete audio of the series online.

remember in some of those interviews how he expressed frustration with how long it took for warp to put out music after he handed it in? and also how releasing stuff helps him put a line in the sand to not go back?

they're fucking pissed

As I posted above, it really depends on the deal. These days contracts are very varied. Some artists opt to sign away all of their output to a company, and in return they'll receive distribution, marking, and funds for mastering and studio time. Often the funds given are a kind of a loan to be paid back through revenue so they have to keep outputting work to pay back the cash. I imagine with an artist who works as different as RDJ, the contract is a bit "different" too, but who knows.

Yeah Sean said in the AAA thread that the whole AE was Warp's "property".

Edited by Perezvon

Long time lurker, first time rules reader. Almost signed up during the Syro buzz but it was enough to just watch things unfold. This time though...last few days have been surreal and awesome, and I had to voice my appreciation. Hoping that we get another load today, I've had many "It's probably over now" moments but it kept coming, so I'm holding out hope. C'mon Ziggomatic 16!

On a side note, is WATMM "partnered" with any other sites? I ask because after signing up, I automatically got a profile image that I happen to use, or have used, on a couple of other sites, but haven't uploaded a single image to my WATMM profile. Weird!

Long time lurker, first time rules reader. Almost signed up during the Syro buzz but it was enough to just watch things unfold. This time though...last few days have been surreal and awesome, and I had to voice my appreciation. Hoping that we get another load today, I've had many "It's probably over now" moments but it kept coming, so I'm holding out hope. C'mon Ziggomatic 16!

On a side note, is WATMM "partnered" with any other sites? I ask because after signing up, I automatically got a profile image that I happen to use, or have used, on a couple of other sites, but haven't uploaded a single image to my WATMM profile. Weird!

That's probably your 'gravatar', but you can choose another one if you like.

That's probably your 'gravatar', but you can choose another one if you like.

That's it, I remember messing with gravatar for some other site a while back. Cheers.

How you guys organzing things?

I've tagged my tracks in terms of how they fit with releases and alias:

Tags are "Caustic", "Polygon", "AFX", "Electro", "HAB", "Ambient", "Analord", "Drukqs", "?"

There's lots of The first three above, not much druqks/analord.. but that all fits with the nature of these archive tracks I guess.

Its great anyway!!

Just a quick note: https://soundcloud.com/somadrilis uploading tracks.

He's the guy Richard said he was "skinning up" with and smoking it, you know. Worth a peak.

wuts the watmm hive mind consensus on this?

ha, 6 pin sin

Just skimmed a few of the somadril tracks, sounds really good but I don't think its AFX.

Also somadril is tagging his tracks much more carefully than afx does.

Its notable though that Somadril is the only account followed by user48736353001. Maybe afx likes it.

new track up on user48736353001 1 min ago!