No, not on purpose, but Bleep has been ignoring folks' mention of the flaw in their music playing code on their site. Affects the Aphex and Autechre bleepstores as well.

To be fair on warp it's become more obfuscated than it was before - I flagged something particularly problematic to them a couple of years ago that allowed you to nab tracks that weren't even available for preview and they thanked me (with some gifts!) and changed the process a bit.

That vulnerability still exists, sadly. Also, someone at Bleep should reconsider loading up a prereleases tracks until shortly before they are available... 

Here's a random question for you lot while we await high quality leakage (or September 14th, whatever comes first):

Do you think Richard gained new fans on the back of Syro? Main reason I ask is, Syro was a relatively (relatively) immediately digestible set of tracks, even for people I would imagine don't necessarily listen to this sort of stuff. This EP is pretty way the fuck far out there, and I wonder if Syro might have helped pave the way for new fans to get into this level of mental ish. 

(not saying that was planned at all, or in any way - "intent and outcome are rarely coincident")

Here's a random question for you lot while we await high quality leakage (or September 14th, whatever comes first):

Do you think Richard gained new fans on the back of Syro? Main reason I ask is, Syro was a relatively (relatively) immediately digestible set of tracks, even for people I would imagine don't necessarily listen to this sort of stuff. This EP is pretty way the fuck far out there, and I wonder if Syro might have helped pave the way for new fans to get into this level of mental ish. 

(not saying that was planned at all, or in any way - "intent and outcome are rarely coincident")

yeah i'm sure he gained an army of new fans with syro but maybe more with the Ep.

the tracks are insta likeable and just look at that video :catsob:, it's like he said:" i'll release some hellfucking far out bangers"

I'd say yes mainly because many of my friends didn't get Aphex or was willing to really explore his material until Syro was released, and now a few of them are super fans. I'd imagine similar scenarios played out around the world.

Is this EP "way the fuck out there"? In what way? This EP seems pretty "immediately digestible" as well to me. Just as much as Syro? wtf!?

Top-notch, beautiful tracks on this EP, but I have to agree. Was too young during this era to really make this an accurate assessment, but I'd imagine "way out there" would've been better ascribed to the RDJ Album and ICBYD when they were released. 

Is this EP "way the fuck out there"? In what way? This EP seems pretty "immediately digestible" as well to me. Just as much as Syro? wtf!?

Yeah, maybe I'm just wrong? Something like "minipops" is a track friends that only dabble in electronic stuff really loved, but I somehow have a really hard time imagine them putting on 1st44 and nodding their head/blasting it in their cars. . . but it's also difficult for me to imagine NOT loving this stuff so maybe I'm over-correcting in my mind . . . 

I'd say yes mainly because many of my friends didn't get Aphex or was willing to really explore his material until Syro was released, and now a few of them are super fans. I'd imagine similar scenarios played out around the world.

Very interesting - nice your m8's caught the Aphex bug! :beer:

I'm so glad Rich enjoys using Analog RYTM (or some close gear) for these crazy crisp sounding beats (not only on Collapse EP but also in tracks from Field Day LP) combined with his famous microtonal pads and melodic compositions, because as far as I'm aware no other electronic music artist does that.  

lol

fellas, I'm feeling weak. It's Friday, I'm off work, it's still 4 new release Fridays away and there is always a Blue Bird of Happiness waiting to spread its wings if I click him. I know Goiter is holding strong but I might fuck up and plunge into these murky 96k waters.

The murk is there but you forget about it when you get lost in the beats. I will say this is the first time I’ve listened to a 96k mp3 since the Napster days... Edited by Extralife

lol

fellas, I'm feeling weak. It's Friday, I'm off work, it's still 4 new release Fridays away and there is always a Blue Bird of Happiness waiting to spread its wings if I click him. I know Goiter is holding strong but I might fuck up and plunge into these murky 96k waters.

I’d say 90% of us weak folk don’t regret it at all. Sounds awesome and listening to this improved an otherwise blah week for me.. so there is that. I ordered the vinyl straight after my first listen.

MT1 best track for me so far.

I think 1st 44 and Abundance will need further digestion to really appreciate, and I think the smeared details from the 96k arent helping those tracks for me.

I can imagine the full q is going to open that level of detail up and give more to grab onto in those ones.

Anyone else get dynamix ii vibes from the opening section of abundance - reminds me of the ignition remix

not the r kelly version

Anyone else get dynamix ii vibes from the opening section of abundance - reminds me of the ignition remix

not the r kelly version

Yeah, a lil bit, but you know, you can make another 50-100 comparisons to the tracks he made for the last 30 years, but what does it prove? That he can make a track similar sounding to the tracks of some other mortals?