this ep is definitely really good. i get the impression there will be bonus tracks added on his store, maybe pretty early because of the leak.

Did you get this impression from your hat? Or something else round and brown?

you're a funny guy. sorry for my english not being accurate in this case. maybe "i have a feeling that" is better ;-).

Remember indulin:)

Z7HeRxU.png

this ep is definitely really good. i get the impression there will be bonus tracks added on his store, maybe pretty early because of the leak.

I agree indulin:)

I received the same information regarding the Bonus tracks

from my magic, future-telling, round n' brown ottoman

post-17854-0-69788500-1534845750_thumb.jpg

It's an Awesome footrest or sitting place as well as being so dang intuitive:)

Listen to your inanimate objects a little more spi, maybe you'll hear that something new is in the works from AWWTKKER

tenFLY?

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

you're a funny guy. sorry for my english not being accurate in this case. maybe "i have a feeling that" is better ;-).

collapse and rave:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

what if NTS sessions uk boxsets arrive and there's 8 more extra sessions :) I have a feeling we're getting 6 extra hours of music :) just a feeling xD

That's the spirit:)

i had a dream last night that afx was in town hosing a game programming workshop. i went to it and people were only interested in asking him about the leak and unreleased tracks. all he wanted to do was teach the basics of unreal engine. he was not pleased

It could be. The early edits (live versions) of t69 or MT1 would be cool to have. They aren't that different but I think slightly they are.

Does anyone know if the download codes that come with the physical releases can be redeemed on aphex's bleepstore instead of on bleep? I bought through bleep out of habit, and wouldnt mind being able to redeem those on his subsite without having to buy em again. 

edit - also does someone certain approve people for the discord server? i joined a few weeks ago but still have no access

Edited by andrd

I think richard might have used an elektron analog four for some of the percussion on 1st 44. One of the clanky metalic sounds that you can hear near the end of the track sounds JUST like one of the that I've heard from one of the sound packs on the A4. 

i had a dream last night that afx was in town hosing a game programming workshop. i went to it and people were only interested in asking him about the leak and unreleased tracks. all he wanted to do was teach the basics of unreal engine. he was not pleased

I legit lol'd at this

I think richard might have used an elektron analog four for some of the percussion on 1st 44. One of the clanky metalic sounds that you can hear near the end of the track sounds JUST like one of the that I've heard from one of the sound packs on the A4. 

I felt this too sounds like my Rytm

I felt this too sounds like my Rytm

Yeah could be that too, or anything. Just sort of reminded me of that one in particular.

Well, I read all the thread these last few weeks, trying not to cave in (big up to those who still are), and not respond ITT.

But now I have...

A few points if you please lol

First - About the 96Kbps :  The leak sure sounds good for the bitrate, but honestly with my shit headphones I still hear all the usual distortion and artifacts from that bitrate.
But everybody ITT who thinks they're gonna like it more in better quality, remember the old aphex recordings who where full "problems" sound quality wise; aphex/afx never was about sound quality...

Second - About the TrapGate : Some of it to me sounds like a nod to Ufabulum. I'm not denying the influence of trap or Jlin, but I'm not really sure it's only from there that he got the inspiration.

Third - Innovative or Not? : I don't really care usually. But the full spread of this thread lead me to speak my mind...
I REALLY don't find this EP to be innovative in the broad sense of the term but I suspect some people maybe "surprised" at the rythmes that are not classic aphex (for them).
It's always been like that with him.

Bottom line : This EP I think (IMO) is really good, like realllllly goooood. 
But I thought Cheetah was more "surprising" "innovative" than this.

Bonus thing : Seriously nobody here on WATMM thinks that the beginning of Collapse 69 (especially the bassline) just sounds very much like... 

This : 

Thx for the bonus, johny. Great tune!

You have got to known it before? :)  (Isn't it you who spoke about Zilty ITT? can't be arsed to look after the post... but it made me remember the good old days, with oscillik also :p)

In my last post, when I speak about cheethah ep I'm speaking primarily of the first track 

Lol, i love this. I'm actually enrolled in a '3D game programming' class this fall at SDSU; they use Unity but w/e.

I'll bump some Aphex on my way to the first class in honor of this great dream.

Guilty! Haf to admit this track went past me somehow. I hope he's put it up at the bandcramps. Gotta pay my dues to thidiot! :)

Shame on you! :D

The whole EP is perfect, Luke Vibert also on the remix...