IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Recording shows US Intelligence tried to raise the alarm about COVID-19 weeks ago:

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/818192535/burr-recording-sparks-questions-about-private-comments-on-covid-19

bojo and bozo's stay calm and carry on policy, if proven to go against scientific advice, is directly equivalent to murder and should be treated as such.

• Like 1

If (hopefully) Trump loses, there should be a full and bipartisan investigation into culpability of the Trump family, administration, AG, Secretary of State, and their associates.  They can't sweep this under the rug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

If (hopefully) Trump loses, there should be a full and bipartisan investigation into culpability of the Trump family, administration, AG, Secretary of State, and their associates.  They can't sweep this under the rug.

they have swept EVERYTHING else under the rug. what makes you think this will be any different? the english and americans seem to fear upsetting the status quo, even if that status quo: steals from them, pushes them into debt slavery, causes mass death through greed, stupidity and ignorance. is it a fear of upsetting daddy? the commander in chief being the ultimate big daddy. daddy wouldnt do that to us? would he? (i'm being provocative, but im genuinely interested because i cant understand it?)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, auxien said:

she was trying to be comforting (not very effective, i'll grant that...), but also told people to go to reputable sources of information. nothing wrong with that.

it's surprising it's taken this long for them. she's more reassuring than the orange man which is a strange thing to say. 

22 minutes ago, auxien said:

^they couldn't be human if they tried

but they're trying to do some correct things right now at least. but anyway let's not make this a Trump(s) thread

im sorry the rest of the world suffers from trump too, so i've got to get this out of my system. Donald J 'i've never met Jeffrey Epstein' Trump is the PRESIDENT.  DONT pretend that is normal. I have loved ones living in America. I don't want them to die. Never ever submit to that predatory piece of shit. He is not anyones president. He is a conman a fraud a cheat a liar a deceiver. If you think, but now is not the time. Now is exactly the time. His lies are actually going to cause 1000s of unnecessary deaths, of Americans, potentially of my relatives. Exorcise that demon please.

Ok, thats that out of the system.

Be well.

• Like 2

I was just shopping and a guy at the checkout was yelling at the person behind him : " would you please keep your distance". the person wasn't really that close, lol.

well it was funny at the time.

• Burger 2

13 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Let's not try to imagine how much even worse stuff has been swept under the rug in modern history, probably entire genocides.

3 hours ago, zero said:

toilet paper's still pretty scarce around these parts. actually had a momentary flash of panic while sitting on the commode earlier, starring at the half used roll next to me. I need to adjust my diet to stop crapping so much, maybe learn how to perfect the art of the clean break as that mcgriff guy used to describe in detail...

use this toilet paper calculator to see how much before you move things to the next level

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

lol he is getting re-elected. alternatively, there won't be an election this year.

6 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

lol he is getting re-elected. alternatively, there won't be an election this year.

I think (and I could be wrong, so it may be worth a google or two) that possibly, in the case of no election, the president may not be able to stay in office.

In this case, I believe the secretary of state may operate as the sitting head of the executive branch.

I really hope this is the case. 

3 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I think (and I could be wrong, so it may be worth a google or two) that possibly, in the case of no election, the president may not be able to stay in office.

In this case, I believe the secretary of state may operate as the sitting head of the executive branch.

I really hope this is the case. 

it's in the constitution that if there is no election then the line of succession takes effect and the speaker of the house takes office of the presidency. 

it says very plainly that the president's term ends jan 20th.  

i think we'll see more states vote by mail. also, the national vote  by mail act my get traction. there's a couple people in congress pushing that. we'll see though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jules said:

^ that’ll definitely be the best way to lose votes and miscount ones and have another term with a president that lost the popular vote. Again.

vote by mail?  it's really popular in the states that do it. oregon, washington and i think there's a couple others that regularly do it this way. i love vote by mail in oregon. you can drop off the ballot in ballot boxes all over town or mail it. they check the signatures on the envelopes.  it's pretty common. 

a lot of people do early voting already anad that's by mail so it's not a concept that's unheard of to most people. beats standing in line for 6 hours or whatever. 

Looks like my fever broke. I still feel shitty but a bit less so than yesterday. Seemingly more sinus congestion than before and a bit of a tickle type of cough, but nothing severe. If that changes for the worse I’ll call the doctor right away.

These symptoms are a bit ass backward for a usual cold or flu for me. I’ve also only managed to get the flu probably 4 times in the last 20 years (one of which was right around the time of H1N1).  I get colds pretty frequently but I don’t think I’ve ever had one with a significant fever or without going through a couple boxes of tissue paper. 

Anyway, I’ll be keeping up the quarantine, obviously. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

vote by mail?  it's really popular in the states that do it. oregon, washington and i think there's a couple others that regularly do it this way. i love vote by mail in oregon. you can drop off the ballot in ballot boxes all over town or mail it. they check the signatures on the envelopes.  it's pretty common. 

a lot of people do early voting already anad that's by mail so it's not a concept that's unheard of to most people. beats standing in line for 6 hours or whatever. 

+1

automatic mail-in ballots kick ass. love our system in WA. can see how it could be abused though. 

• Like 2