IGNORED

Skee Mask - Pool

eye

2 minutes ago, Extralife said:

Great producer, really good album, but…..no.

It was more a way to say that he's great and that I haven't listened to a better album this year. I couldn't compare him to Autechre or Burial for example (also because that's not the same kind of music) but - and it's just my opinion - what he makes is the "kind of techno" I'd like to listen to the most. I also liked the last one from Shifted or what's released on Northern Electronics but to me "Pool" is even a step higher.

40 minutes ago, ambient said:

First listen was good but with second and third ones I can say it's one of the albums of the year. Best producer at the moment in my opinion.

Def one of the more interesting, overall this one of the best albums I've heard this year. I think what defines "best producer" can vary, it's a hell of a statement so I'm not exactly sold on this notion he's the best right now but I certainly understand why someone would feel that way.

listen to it again and i have to agree with alco... it needs feels! maybe it has feels, just not the ones im looking for. 

just watching the discogs page and its remarkable stats, for a two months old album: 

vs john beltran's beautiful album from 2019, hello android: 

Spoiler

9 hours ago, ambient said:

It was more a way to say that he's great and that I haven't listened to a better album this year. I couldn't compare him to Autechre or Burial for example (also because that's not the same kind of music) but - and it's just my opinion - what he makes is the "kind of techno" I'd like to listen to the most. I also liked the last one from Shifted or what's released on Northern Electronics but to me "Pool" is even a step higher.

Bedwetting techno aspect to his sound. Shed does it much better.

Miles behind the hype train with this guy as per usual but loving this and Compro..been on my radar for awhile bit never checked him out pleased I did at least

Can see him being very much part of my summer soundtrack! Awesome stuff

• Like 2

6 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Am I the only person who thinks "skeet mask" every time I see this guy's name ?

Never thought of that but from now on I will ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

It's a ceiling effect with Skee because every album is certified heat but this one is up there. I love Shred for its meditative qualities, Compro for him showing off and this one for the journey of it. There's bangers of course but it works so well as a long form trip. He's taking a few cues from his Vader Wolfgang and GASing up not only the tunes but the artwork as well. I paid the $21.92 on Bandcamp because homeboy smokes a lot of weed and deserves a reward for his effort. 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Just biked into say Skee Mask has taken all his music off Spotify. One of my best playlists has taken a hammering (with Oneohtrix Rifts also being down). I loved that playlist ?

I do have the originals just nice to hear certain tracks in certain context. Oh well such is life. Maybe it’s possible to import tracks from iTunes to Spotify to resurrect it?

Edited by beerwolf

49 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Just biked into say Skee Mask has taken all his music off Spotify. One of my best playlists has taken a hammering (with Oneohtrix Rifts also being down). I loved that playlist ?

I do have the originals just nice to hear certain tracks in certain context. Oh well such is life. Maybe it’s possible to import tracks from iTunes to Spotify to resurrect it?

Well it's actually the label, Ilian Tape.

Good!

Brap it up you horrible company!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

good