IGNORED

Evian Christ - Revanchist

thumbass

8 hours ago, Real Human Bean said:

We all miss the heady days of Maximo Park.

11 hours ago, thumbass said:

Oh cern...

Things change you know

It wasn't always going to stay like the golden years

Bring back the halcyon days of Jockstrap and Grizzly Bear!

Edited by NewSchoolScience
  • Like 1

Future Brown was the 'Warp is shit now' meme from about 10 years ago, disposable party/club music that made virtually no impression on anyone. Can't understand how that project was so bad considering how ace Fatima Al-Qadiri is on her own.

Nice to see them all getting a good airing in this thread now Evian Christ has joined the pantheon.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

I don’t even know what this is lol

if you don't want to keep it that way you can taint your ears with this: https://youtu.be/hCRmPDnPg7Q?si=-NuexU1bcXYmx07F

(not embedded so as to not poison the immaculate recording album REVANCHIST of the  W.A.R.P. artist "Evian Christ"

I think is just a stunt by Warp.. they clearly want 2 different fan groups: 

1. The old timer who likes Speedy J/The Black Dog reissues and/or normal Warp releases by the olden golden artists like Aphex and Autechre. 
2. The lost souls who just say yes to everything even if there is shit to eat. Now they can call the other fan group old and yell stuff like "Things change" 

Why don't Warp just get artists that is the typical Warp Records artist? Arca maybe? Burial? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

I've been listening to trance as a guilty pleasure for the past five years or so. I think it's an undervalued genre, with tremendous capital in some tracks. It's so validating and refreshing to see it "burialized" in the hands of a competent artist. 

warp waarp warrrrp waaarrrp waaaaarp

sounds like a mating call of some isolated Indonesian jungle beast with a big hairy dick and a big scary ballsack 

WWWAAAAARRRRRRP!!!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/3/2023 at 11:50 PM, cern said:

Why don't Warp just get artists that is the typical Warp Records artist? Arca maybe? Burial? 

Yeah that would have been the better strategy for sure. Warp seems really desperate, their golden days are definitely over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NewSchoolScience said:

So they can be on the same roster as !!!

!!! were signed to Warp 20 years ago, at the time Warp jumped on the disco punk bandwagon, guess this was the beginning of the end...

My fun take is that I kind of hated Trance music (with exceptions) when it was a relevant thing, but I have really loved things that are Trance homages in the last few years. There's this roundedness to the production that couldn't have existed as easily with the tools 20-whatever-years-ago when Trance was everywhere.

• Like 1