oscillik

There were some absolutely gorgeous, monumental shots within a pretty lackluster plot line and drawn out screen time. All that detective work felt utterly pointless for such a small payoff. I liked the score and how it was used unconventionally. I kept oscillating between being half bored and being gobsmacked

schindler's "a.i."

lol

Just watched it 3 min ago... Wasnt that bad at all. Some things were overly explained, to make sure that sub-60-iq-ppl can understand it too.

One more thing, fakn leto... No. No. Nooo

Ost, too agresive, cant remember a single melody besides vangelis one at the end.

Overall, 7.7/10

yeah, i'm actually pretty optimistic. i don't believe it's going to be awesome. but not as bad as i'd expected. which was another turd of fan-service without a hint of an interesting plot. but there might be an actual plot in here.

Chances are the plot will be typical contrived "elaboration" that desperately tries to add something to the original to justify the sequel's existence, but ends up contradicting or at best ruining some of the mystery of the original instead. Hard to escape that.

But my real fear has nothing to do with plot, it's that this movie will copy the aesthetic of the original only very superficially and completely miss what made Blade Runner great.

I'm an ass, and this movie is very, very good.

It does predictably add a bunch of typical sequel-y contrivance (a dozen extra layers to the story, surprises, twists) but in no way is it just a twist movie or some shallow attempt at recreating Blade Runner. It's a true continuation, and I am already thinking about diving in again for another two and a half hours next week.

The only IMAX theatre we have around here is showing it in 3D only so I ended up seeing it in a small and near empty local auditorium, which felt about right. Good enough to give me goosebumps with some shots but never too much.

Next time I have to remember to drink less water though. That scene near the end where they're almost drowning? I almost pissed myself into 4D cinema there.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Will probably go see this on Monday early afternoon. I prefer big screen experiences in near-empty theatres.

same.

booked my place for the 2D waterloo Imax for the 17th at 10am (I also like big emptyish theatres...and I'll be wide awake and stone cold sober, and therefore not getting, or imagining the urge for a huge piss after the first 20 minutes)

the reviews and friends who've seen it has sharply piqued my interest 

Edited by beerwolf

‘Blade Runner 2049’ Sputters at the Domestic Box Office

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/movies/blade-runner-2049-box-office.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

LOS ANGELES — The expensive science-fiction sequel “Blade Runner 2049” collapsed at the North American box office over the weekend, taking in $31.5 million, or roughly 30 percent less than analysts had expected, as younger audiences and women failed to materialize in sizable numbers.

“I’m disappointed,” said Jeff Goldstein, president of domestic distribution for Warner Bros., which released the independently produced movie in the United States and Canada. “The real trick now is to expand the audience past older men.” Warner said that 71 percent of opening-weekend ticket buyers were male.

Euphoric reviews and possible attention on Hollywood’s awards circuit could help “Blade Runner 2049” play longer and more successfully in theaters than would be typically expected. Denis Villeneuve, who directed the film, had that kind of luck with his last movie, “Arrival,” which had $24 million in initial ticket sales last fall and ultimately collected $100.5 million.

And “Blade Runner 2049” did better overseas, where Sony Pictures Entertainment has the distribution rights. Sony said that the movie took in $50.2 million in partial international release, with major countries like Japan, South Korea and China still to come.

Your link didn't work. But you're excited. You're 40 something. Looking to connect with fellow 40 somethings and go a little gooey oohey. with the Nexus 9 Beerwolf model you'll have a friend for life. Just know what to expect with a model with an outdated capacitor, you have to power it down to remove all power from the system and then reset it, you get the best from it to reset it. It has a real argumentative character which is akin to arguing with Wallace's own cwn MSV FGT model 1.2. A cunt of a machine which should have been set on fire at birth.

I don't think anyone's posted this yet. They both thought it was better than the original, but neither of them had big boners over the original anyway so...spoilers about 10 minutes in. Oh and I don't think they mentioned the music even once. 

Also why hasn't Schlitze been banhammered yet?

I'm not even going to bother reading any of the negative reviews which I'm sure exist for this movie

I have to admit there are things I didn't like.  Such as...

...the part where that old Asian dude put an origami thing on the table as a sort of meaningless reference to the original.  I also didn't like the weird overly dramatic but not very compelling secret society led by the lady missing her eyeball thing at the end.

But apart from that I loved it and think it was great.  You can't expect too much from multimillion dollar movies that are expected to appeal to the masses, but this is a MILLION times better than I expected it to be and was great.  Though the visuals were kind of boring in comparison to the original but I think that can be said for every modern movie since they overuse computers nowadays.  Also the music was not as good as the original clearly

Anyway I rate very highly and suggest you go in without a negative attitude

Okay now that I'm thinking more I also don't like the whole thing where the ability to give birth and the state of being born rather than being created was presented as some philosophical obstacle to becoming a real person with a soul or whatever.  I think this is "taking a side" and the movie should not have done this, kind of retarded to completely miss what was one of the original points of the primary theme of the original

Edited by Zeffolia