IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 9/4/2021 at 2:50 AM, MaartenVC said:

Just watched it. Really good informative docu.
Thanks for sharing.

Turning Point: 9/11 and the War on Terror (2021) (5 episodes)
What a total clusterfuck it has been, and still is, maybe now even more then ever.
One can't imagine all the misery, loss, hopelessness and anger the Afghan people had to go through.
And now just to reach a point of total abandonment by their so-called allies. Plus the utter fear for what's to come.
An ever-returning disaster.
Also, the next terrorist attack is probably already planned, and set in motion. That's just great.
A big middle-finger to the USA, more specifically its power-hungry war-mongering government, their blinded irrational followers, and their profiteering military-industrial complex. All blood on their hands.
I'm gonna stop ranting.

If you haven’t seen it check out Once Upon A Time In Iraq (BBC) also very good indeed. I’ll probably watch this ^^^ over the next few days.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 1:37 PM, Nebraska said:

0e46ef159ef2d889a625a045c8170fa5.jpg

this is a brilliant "deep" analysis into the depth of a very failed attempt at ridding afghanistan of the taliban and the consequences of that mistake. highly recommended

the later episodes are really good. some crazy stories of survivors and people who died. 

also, i found it hilarious that they left a soundbite from dennis hastert in there.. former speaker of the house and now convicted pedophile.  

i do wish they'd gotten a bit more into how bush admin dropped the ball and didn't take the baton from previous administration. they did talk some about thee justice dept moving terrorism way down the priority list. 

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

If you haven’t seen it check out Once Upon A Time In Iraq (BBC) also very good indeed. I’ll probably watch this ^^^ over the next few days.

Gonna check it out for sure. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1

I just watched Mr. Inbetween and something about the balance between the naturalistic “shooting the shit” scenes and Sudden Violence shoehorned into a 30 minute format gave it a nice surreal vibe, similar to what Louie could have been like if Louie killed people instead of just beating his meat in front of an unwilling audience. They kind of marketed it as Australian Breaking Bad but it should have been marketed as Australian Louie with 2% less jokes about cumming (there are still a lot of jokes about cumming).

Some surprisingly good acting.  I hope Scott Ryan gets some more work (and doesn’t jerk off in front of anyone). 

Edited by baph

Oh no, I really liked the first season. 

Been catching up on American Gods, Preacher and Legion.

I forgot all of these had a "new" season that I never watched. It's been a pretty good time so far.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:17 PM, Boxus said:

I love this show, the writing has been so strong throughout and the action sequences are just beautiful.

I thought season 3 was a little weaker than the rest, still good overall but the pacing was sort of inconsistent. Season 4 is excellent, IMO it improves on 3 in a lot of ways.

binged this and couldn't agree more. the action sequences aree amazing and always a bit different in how they animate them. really loved the style and the action sequences and of course the characters/writing make it. they don't cheese off and it delivers w/appropriate level of cliffhanger stuff. inveentive and fun and the i like the characters. i dig all the weirdness the portal brought into it.

• Like 1

Rick and Morty keeps getting worse each season since 3. Season 5 is still alright overall, but it is starting to feel like a trend downward. Even though it is still watchable, if the writing becomes worse or if it stays stagnant in that 'alright' area, I definitely think I will stop watching each episode as it comes out.

Season 5 had 6 decent to very good episodes, and the rest were bleh to horrible. If this continues I'll probably end up just waiting till the season is out, and watching the 4 episodes that will be worth watching.

Another issue is that it feels like it's starting to repeat itself. Not literally in bringing back old ideas, but coming up with new ideas that are somewhat to very similar to old ones. I can see that they are probably running out of ideas. In season 3 I remember thinking it still had steam to last for a long time, but I feel what happened to The Simpsons is beginning to happen to Rick and Morty.

The writers are becoming bored and moving on, the creators are wanting to try other things, and the show suffers for that as new writers come in. Unfortunately it generates a ton of money so inevitably when it does go bad at some point, it's going to continue the downhill slide past "bad" and most people will move onto new shows.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, this season of Rick and Morty had some of the worst stuff by far (and a couple of very good episodes). It's definitely time to call it quits.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Yeah, this season of Rick and Morty had some of the worst stuff by far (and a couple of very good episodes). It's definitely time to call it quits.

I think the time to call it quits will be in a few seasons if the show doesn't get better and continues the downward trend. The last episode was intriguing in that I want to see the show take on episode outside of the finite curve thing. If the show become good again how it was before then that would be great.

However that doesn't happen often sooooo. Still going to check it out when the time comes.

I’m glad they are trying to evolved the character of Dexter, trade a warm pastel environment for a cold, glacial background, he talks to his sister now instead of his father, there is another serial killer in town, etc. This is almost what I hoped would happen after Dexter’s wife was killed; he would run and realize his world would collapse in on him. We’ll see , but looks like a great cast. Maybe he’ll even talk to some of his other victims?

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 3:55 PM, baph said:

I just watched Mr. Inbetween and something about the balance between the naturalistic “shooting the shit” scenes and Sudden Violence shoehorned into a 30 minute format gave it a nice surreal vibe, similar to what Louie could have been like if Louie killed people instead of just beating his meat in front of an unwilling audience. They kind of marketed it as Australian Breaking Bad but it should have been marketed as Australian Louie with 2% less jokes about cumming (there are still a lot of jokes about cumming).

Some surprisingly good acting.  I hope Scott Ryan gets some more work (and doesn’t jerk off in front of anyone). 

I had no idea this existed. and it's been shot in and around my area.

the disparity between the limited and mostly garbage media most Australians are forcefed locally vs what is marketed from Australia out of the country to foreign audiences always staggers me.

• Like 1

On the last episode of The People vs OJ Simpson. Again one of those shows that been floating around on ‘my list’ for years. The reason being because on the surface I’m not really interested in American football players or lawyers, also the reason why I was totally oblivious to the details of this story. Back in those days news wasn’t on 24 hours a day and all of this went under my radar. Waco Siege was more my cup of tea and much more interesting to me. Let’s just say I’m glad I pressed play! 8.5/10

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 8:17 PM, Boxus said:

I love this show, the writing has been so strong throughout and the action sequences are just beautiful.

I thought season 3 was a little weaker than the rest, still good overall but the pacing was sort of inconsistent. Season 4 is excellent, IMO it improves on 3 in a lot of ways.

Just finished the 4th and final season last night. Sad to see it come to an end but it was a very satisfying conclusion. I’ve heard there will be another show based in the 18th century next with one of the Belmont descendants but also found out the original writer and creator is out due to sexual coercion in the industry or something? Still a lot of the same team and animation studio however. Hopefully it can come close to what I just watched. Best show I’ve seen in a while.

Lucifer, final season. I bawled and blubbered like a little baby through almost every episode, particularly the last few. The rare show that somehow started off good and then just got better and better and better. I thought Season 5 couldn't be topped and I was so very wrong. Season 6 tore my heart out and provided an ending that was hard but felt totally earned/correct for everything the series has ultimately been about. I'd call it my pinnacle of guilty pleasure shows but I'm not even guilty about it so I guess I get to escape my hell loop ?   

On 9/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, beerwolf said:

On the last episode of The People vs OJ Simpson. Again one of those shows that been floating around on ‘my list’ for years. The reason being because on the surface I’m not really interested in American football players or lawyers, also the reason why I was totally oblivious to the details of this story. Back in those days news wasn’t on 24 hours a day and all of this went under my radar. Waco Siege was more my cup of tea and much more interesting to me. Let’s just say I’m glad I pressed play! 8.5/10

The fact that they let them say motherfucker on FX was great 

• Like 1

I know this much is true…

binged the first 5 on the plane. It’s not a “feel good” show by any stretch. Honestly, if it wasn’t for mark ruffalo, I’d probably have jumped ship way earlier. It’s a bit relentless with what is heaped on him. Still, really well done.