IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Oh goddamnit.

Regrettably, I opened it up again after reading this thread and spent a few hours trying to get specific shit to drop. Sighhhhhhh.

Preparing myself for Dragon Quest XI... perfect for after work/dinner when I have an hour or so to spare before bedtime.

Seems I'm getting a copy of it on PC. I still have the two 3DS ones tucked away (VII & VIII), but I won't be able to resist firing up the first non-handheld singleplayer DQ since VIII on PS2. Feels like a perfect game to roll into the Autumn/Winter with!

Amen brother - last DQ I played was VIII and it was fantastic. This looks to be more of the same, and I have been dying for a good JRPG for ages now.

Pep mechanic seems so much better than the existing Tension mechanic. Now, you don't have to build it up - it gets thrown in at random. That offers a lot more variety in terms of boosting characters without having to waste turns trying to get decent Tension - that might get stomped out anyway - especially if you're in a boss battle.

Really looking forward to seeing all the slimes again  :lol:

tumblr_ootnmlRUWU1s5hapdo1_500.gif

omg there's another Isaac update coming. fuckin' stooooppp, I only just got my life back.

I wonder if it might be an actual sequel rather than another expansion?

I quit playing WoW early last year. A couple months ago I had whiskey and ended up pre-ordering the newest expansion pack. The next day, I recognized my mistake and continued not playing the game.

Last night I had whiskey and wasted $19 Canadian dollars for a month's subscription. I played it for an hour...

New personal goal: Do not drink whiskey at my computer.

Switch is really becoming the go-to console for just about every non AAA game released (and even then, it gets the AAA games)!

Seems like a good time to sell WiiU+3ds and get a Switch. I'm really tempted but afraid that after playing BOTW the switch will just sit there and gather dust like my WiiU did. Then again tons of great eshop games, which was not the case at WiiU time. hmmm......

Dont suppose any american folks want to sell some wii u games? I got an American wii u last week.

Watcha looking for?

Had an amazing run on Lumines Remastered yesterday - 1:10 minutes and managed to unlock 8 more skins (just 6 left)... some really, really great music on this game. Visuals are mind-melting as well. Here's an example and one of my favourites:

Got a Switch today and luckily my account has still some funds from the wii u days.

Any recommendations for point&click games on eshop ? I loved those on the old nintendo ds.

Edited by Test Fforet

Just beat Dad of War. Really enjoyable game. I wish the other realms were built out more. I still think Horizon: Zero Dawn is a better game, but this is a good reason to own a PS4.

Got a Switch today and luckily my account has still some funds from the wii u days.

Any recommendations for point&click games on eshop ? I loved those on the old nintendo ds.

Thimbleweed Park and Kentucky Route Zero would be my two picks. TP is very old school whereas Kentucky Route Zero is like wandering around inside a dream - and I mean that in a good way.

Dragon Quest XI is good times, mercifully the PC port seems to have emerged without any major problems. I'm 4 hours in running it on a non-super modern PC, and I can happily get 60fps @1080 the majority of the time. The character designs look brilliant, from lowly slimes to these chumps (these are in-game screengrabs):

742120_20180905001440mcfis.png

742120_2018090500145779f01.png

Thimbleweed Park and Kentucky Route Zero would be my two picks. TP is very old school whereas Kentucky Route Zero is like wandering around inside a dream - and I mean that in a good way.

Timbleweed is literally the first game I downloaded ;), Kentucky Route is now on my wishlist. I'm really kind of overwhelmed of by the number of good games to download, which is great after wii u was very disappointing.

Now I got the obvious Botw and Mario Kart plus games mentioned in this thread are on my wishlist (Dead Cells, Thumper, Ikaruga)

What are your/watmm's favourite eshop games (or retail) ?