got "Er Ist Weider Die/Look Who's Back" for le weekend

the premise....Hitler wakes up in the 21st century and tries his hand at stand up comedy

rarely has the expression 'no idea what to expect' been more pertinent

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4176826/

Edited by cwmbrancity

the premise....Hitler wakes up in the 21st century and tries his hand at stand up comedy

Sounds hilarious. Was it any good?

you might want to wait til he watches it before you ask him.

Sounds hilarious. Was it any good?

you might want to wait til he watches it before you ask him.

Oh... missed that part.

saw it was a German production & after the success of Aaaaaaaaaaaaah (the gorilloid grunt comedy that seemed ridiculous to start with, but got a lot better with watching) thought it was pretty ballsy to try summat like this

vaguely recalled a radio review/interview about it from the recent past, then saw it listed on ahem a certain dload site....bob's yer uncle

so def summat for inbetween digging up the vegetable patch if the spring weather holds out, will report back

Monster Squad - Great stuff, two for two for Fred Dekker after enjoying Night of the Creeps, if you're looking for a bit of 80's fun these are for you, I'm disappointed to see the only other film he has directed that I haven't seen now is Robocop 3.

Monster Squad - Great stuff, two for two for Fred Dekker after enjoying Night of the Creeps, if you're looking for a bit of 80's fun these are for you, I'm disappointed to see the only other film he has directed that I haven't seen now is Robocop 3.

He wrote the new Predator film Shane Black is doing.

He wrote the new Predator film Shane Black is doing.

Sweet.

Yes, those are great fun. Do yourself a favour and skip Robocop 3, it's terrible.

I thought Calvary was fucking atrocious, Gleason is great in it of course, he's usually great in everything, everything else about the film was shite though.

I liked The Guard.

Just watched the new Star Wars again, still think the same as last time, pretty good, but the next one needs to up it's game plot-wise.

saw star wars again in 70mm film IMAX non-3D aka the best possible setting... still had a really great time!! Good movie. I'm not a comic book nerd so my feelings towards films aren't ENTIRELY motivated by plot and spotting inconsistencies, so it seems like a great film. The acting is really good for a start and miles more subtle and skilled than any other sci fi/marvel film of the last decade other than possibly jj's star trek. Great star wars direction with touches of abrams. scene wipes are used sparingly but lovingly. lots of quick crane camera moves. good stuff, keeps it exciting compared to shot reverse shot on a green screen couch in coruscant. a few *too* many oh neat old stuff fan service which leads me to... really disappointing from the art direction team. the aliens, costumes and most importantly space ships from the prequels are awesome, i don't care how shit the acting and script is. every ship is awesome. I can't think of one cool vehicle in this one. rey's landspeeder was LITERALLY just luke's rotated 90 degrees. Lame. but whatever. I love star wars and this one still delivers.. still laughed and got emotional at all the right parts.

i watched star wars 7 in a theater, then i downloaded it a week ago and didnt really want to watch the whole thing again so i tracked around trying to find a cool part that i would want to watch and i realized there arent any

Fucks sake. Just made it through 21 Grams, thank God it's over with. Now I have to try and cheer myself up a bit.

6/10 as I appreciate the film as a whole but I breathed a sigh of relief when it was over, plus the story seemed ridiculous, the acting was very good though. TBH I only got through it to the end because 1) I wasn't going to be defeated and 2) I gave the person who lent it to me about 4 months ago my word I would watch it by the end of this week :dry:

Edited by beerwolf