The Imitation Game

Great film. Too melodramatic overall imo but I enjoyed it a lot.

I really admire the guy so it's nice that he's getting some exposure to the mainstream public + Benedict XVI Cucumberbatch looks like him too.

8/10

Didn't ike Whiplash, seemed naive and cheesy to me. Don't get the hype.

The Imitation Game was definitely watchable but too melodramatic as Kidrodi already said.

Recently watched "Nebraska". It's a very relaxing modern black-and-white film with lots of bizzare old people

Melancholia, been a while since I saw a solid 10/10.  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

The final scene is killer. Can agree that the rest is somewhat meh.

Warcraft

Not a huge fan of the lore but I can dig fantasy and wanted to give this one a chance. What a mistake! Just a bunch of CGI trying to fill in for an actual film. Constant terrible jump cuts, nonexistent character development, bad acting. The smug looking cunt from Vikings in the lead sealed the deal: it's b-movie level garbage.

anyhoo- i enjoyed the film because of the swinging jazz music and the sweet solo at the end but get the fuck-outta here: isn't music supposed to be fun?

I agree completely but still think it's one of the best films of late. It really displays the intensity of passion like no other film Edited by chim

Guest bitroast

Melancholia, been a while since I saw a solid 10/10.  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

The final scene is killer. Can agree that the rest is somewhat meh.

i'm the opposite. kind of. 

was enjoying the film up until the film started wrapping it self up and the cheesiness got a bit too potent. 

it's like a film where what it is and what its about all just goes over my head and i think it's stupid and dumb.

but it's an enjoyable movie to watch nonetheless!

Love & Peace, new Sion Sono film. It's probably more fun to try to describe this film than watch it, there isn't really a story, just happenings linked together, that's stretched out past the point of boredom. Lots of gurning from the lead character, Sion Sono's films are expressive, people don't act like functioning adults, so while they can stretch out scenes they can also be mesmerizing at the same time. I didn't feel the joy of it though, the songs are pretty terrible, and it needed to be squashed down, overly long films don't fit with his punkish youth, of the 2 minute punk track, of his poems, it's not raw and amateurish, it's slick and mainstream.

the monster - top/kek

don't breathe - 1 cum filled turkey baster/10

dr strange - zaphod's chinese mother/mirezzi

The Monster was fucking terrible! It was worse than one of the man in a monster suit X-Files episodes. And it looked worse than that.

I remember watching Zodiac a few years ago and being bowled over by how perfect it was, i don't think Fincher has been or ever will be as inventive as he was with Fight Club, but i really respond to police procedural serial killer mysteries, Memories of Murder (Fincher was inspired by it) amazed me too in how it builds and builds, year after year, through a decade or longer. I guess it's like a tv show, but you get that exhausting 3 hour experience. I love the scenes where it took advantage of you not knowing who was the killer, so much tension and dread. One of the few films I've watched in the last few years I had to give a ten, i think it's a masterpiece, and I hate that word, and its use, especially when applied to Kanye West albums, so i won't say it. I think it's perfect though.

i remember thinking zodiac was alright. wasn't bothered but it didn't change my life. funniest part was when norm son-of-a-gunderson was the killer. lol

I thought the funniest part was Jake ruining his life chasing after the guy, personally.

Weiner

Anthony Weiner is refreshing as hell. Unfortunately he's a drop in the ocean of stuck up moralists, vultures and media monkeys surrounding him. The whole debacle speaks volumes about the venal political atmosphere, a valid point which is most likely lost like a fart in the wind. But that's the political world we live in I guess.

In the insane world of politics a sane man must appear insane. Guys like Weiner just don't make it on that scene. A dam shame. Dude seemed to have some decent policies too.

And don't get me started on that girl ratting on him like that, jeez what a cunt.

2019+Dopo+La+Caduta+di+New+York+cover.jp

one of my favorite post apocalyptic films of all time; this movie has a few surprising similarities with children of men most notably the plot (finding the last girl on the earth that can concieve a child) as well as picasso's guernica being prominently displayed in one of the character's home office.

there is a great scene in the beginning of this film that sets the tone really well. the main character is captured after killing 4 bad guys and getting a prize of a transsexual lady. upon being taken to alaska (you know this because it says so plus it's all frozen) he's told "you have to go to new york and recover the only woman who can give birth so she can repopulate the earth." to which he answers "one girl alone cannot repopulate the entire world". the answer "now that's where you're wrong!"

nine innocent virgins out of ten

Edited by Nebraska