It's cool, doesn't bother me if we disagree. Just the combination of how mediocre (ok I was exaggerating a bit) they were, how overly seriously they took themselves, and how hard the fanboys rode Nolan's dick for that very "grittiness" nauseates me.

Heath really did do excellent work with the retarded 2d character he was handed. RIP

It's cool, doesn't bother me if we disagree. Just the combination of how mediocre (ok I was exaggerating a bit) they were, how overly seriously they took themselves, and how hard the fanboys rode Nolan's dick for that very "grittiness" nauseates me.

Heath really did do excellent work with the retarded 2d character he was handed. RIP

*toast* to heath! At least one thing to agree on

Nocturama - I found a lot of this frustrating, but I think I may like it more on repeat viewing (or maybe I'll realize it's really dumb idk). The first and last sequence were both v engaging, but a lot of what came between felt... half-formed.

megan leavey - would make a great awepittance torture device if he had to be interrogated about his sister's anti-american activities in venezuela by the cia or something.

Edited by eugene

finally watched neil breen's double down. a modern masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ44FLJA4Js

Good choice!

I watched this last night with a friend

oh yeah RLM did a spotlight vid a couple of days on another movie by this director, The Last Vampire on Earth. Hoo-boy it's terrible.

Mr. Vampire 2 
Not much relation to the original other than the jumping vampires with prayer notes on their faces, and a couple of familiar faces, but now playing new characters. Much of the film consists of drawn out wrestling scenes with stiff armed vampires, screaming and shouting (and not in the good, Ash from Evil Dead way) and overuse of crass dramatic music. The result is a big noisy mess, which would have been fine had it possessed some of charm of the original. 

The Hunted
Delish slice of 'jaunt in the woods' found footage. Cozy, scary, decent stuff.

The Nostril Picker
Early 90s (though looks more like mid 80s) low budget slasher, where a bum who digs booze, young gals and picking his nose is given a magical chant (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_PMI50N2z0) that allows him to transform into a hot young high school girl (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqjB7DExFWM) wished they had explored the potential possibilities set up by the premise, which was pretty neat, but instead fizzles out into generic 80s slasher style. 

Trainspotting 2
Pleasantly surprised! even teared up a bit towards the end there, a big old blast of a nostalgia trip. All round a pretty perfect sequel that resonates well with the original

finally watched neil breen's double down. a modern masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ44FLJA4Js

Good choice!

I watched this last night with a friend

oh yeah RLM did a spotlight vid a couple of days on another movie by this director, The Last Vampire on Earth. Hoo-boy it's terrible.

Yeah I just finished watching that. A+ episode. 

"don't burn him because I have AIDS!"

Mr. Vampire 2 

Not much relation to the original other than the jumping vampires with prayer notes on their faces, and a couple of familiar faces, but now playing new characters. Much of the film consists of drawn out wrestling scenes with stiff armed vampires, screaming and shouting (and not in the good, Ash from Evil Dead way) and overuse of crass dramatic music. The result is a big noisy mess, which would have been fine had it possessed some of charm of the original. 

The Hunted

Delish slice of 'jaunt in the woods' found footage. Cozy, scary, decent stuff.

The Nostril Picker

Early 90s (though looks more like mid 80s) low budget slasher, where a bum who digs booze, young gals and picking his nose is given a magical chant (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_PMI50N2z0) that allows him to transform into a hot young high school girl (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqjB7DExFWM) wished they had explored the potential possibilities set up by the premise, which was pretty neat, but instead fizzles out into generic 80s slasher style. 

Trainspotting 2

Pleasantly surprised! even teared up a bit towards the end there, a big old blast of a nostalgia trip. All round a pretty perfect sequel that resonates well with the original

Oh shit I had The Nostril Picker on one of those 'from the horror vaults' DVDs I found in a Blockbuster bargain bin. Weird fucking film.

Finally watched Rogue One last week. Objectively a lot better than A Force Awakens, in fact I think I liked it a lot more once I take away all of the nostalgic throwbacks of AFA. 

MV5BMTc5NzQ4NzU4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTkx

imagine watching a trailer- that's 2 hrs long- where every transition is a badly made music video- with subpar acting- and overthetop, badly delivered (and badly written) dialogue. now imagine getting kicked in the balls. 

imagine watching a trailer- that's 2 hrs long- where every transition is a badly made music video- with subpar acting- and overthetop, badly delivered (and badly written) dialogue. now imagine getting kicked in the balls.

I just call that Tuesday.

Finally watched Rogue One last week. Objectively a lot better than A Force Awakens, in fact I think I liked it a lot more once I take away all of the nostalgic throwbacks of AFA. 

its objectively worse in every way actually. forget that force awakens was similar to a new hope and it is a good, not great, coherent film. rogue one made no sense and had shit acting

I just call that Tuesday.

Notorious was better

its objectively worse in every way actually. forget that force awakens was similar to a new hope and it is a good, not great, coherent film. rogue one made no sense and had shit acting

Yeah I have backtrack a bit. I take back saying it was objectively better. I did enjoy a lot and had no expectations going in. For what it is, basically a tv special with blockbuster scope and spending and aSW EU plot, I still think it's great.

I admit the new characters fell flat, likable but superficial. As I said in the Rogue One thread the droid was the best character.

I need to watch AFA again, especially without being in full blown geek out mode. I was a new dad when I watched that too, so all the father son relationship shit was heavy. Someone was def cutting onions in the theater toward the end.

What Happened to Monday? - I never would have found this if I hadn't been curious what the director of Dead Snow was doing. Who thought that was a good title? By no means a masterpiece I still enjoyed it. it's a bit Children of Men, a bit Matrix, a bit Soylent Green. And Noomi Rapace plays seven characters and she's cool.

Edited by tec