Somehow, even though Kubrick is probably my favorite director ever, I never gave Barry Lyndon a shot. I'm at the intermission, and holy shit! This film is hilarious, beautiful, sad, euphonious...and all the things.

Kind of glad I never watched it when I was younger and more a.d.d.-led, but also can't believe I waited this long to see one of Kubrick's best.

headerbl_3.jpg

Edited by Auditor

Poster_of_the_move_Slave_Girls_from_Beyo

a classic piece of science fiction b-movie trash: this has everything i love. bikini clad dames with heaving bosoms, robots, brinke stevens, mutants, action, comedy and gratuitous nudity. basically, this film is perfection

Edited by Nebraska

Somehow, even though Kubrick is probably my favorite director ever, I never gave Barry Lyndon a shot. I'm at the intermission, and holy shit! This film is hilarious, beautiful, sad, euphonious...and all the things.

Kind of glad I never watched it when I was younger and more a.d.d.-led, but also can't believe I waited this long to see one of Kubrick's best.

headerbl_3.jpg

let alone those available light indoor scenes...

Edited by iococoi

Inglorious Basterds is probably QT’s second best. The creeping suspense and priceless dialogue is perfect.

I also like how the guy who speaks the least Italian does the best impersonation and Hans Landa gives him props for it.

RYRSvuJ.jpg

the sequel to the classic 1990 bronx warriors is this hyper-charged explosive film. everyone that survived the first part is now in danger of being deported to new mexico- where supposedly better living conditions will be provided. curiously, nobody who ends up in new mexico is ever heard from again- so trash (the main guy on the covers) senses it's probably not a good idea to relocate willingly. 

they come up with a plan to kidnap the president of the main corporation in charge of the relocations- but not before they've made a deal with the 'disinfestors' who are in charge of relocating those unwilling to move. 

I like to watch a king fu film on New Years, last year Iron Monkey went down well. This year I'm thinking of Shaolin Vs Lama unless anyone has better suggestions for something ridiculous?

A Gray State made it to Netflix....I mean at least for me. I don't know how regional it gets these days.

I wasn't as bowled over by it as some in this thread, but it was definitely interesting. I feel like they could've trimmed a bit of fat, but the dynamics and descent of the family is pretty riveting viewing.

song to song

two hours of : wide angle shot of ryan gosling *whispering* did i know you then? *whispering* mozart piano concerto plays over fish eye lens shot of michael fassbender standing with his back to rooney mara *voice over of some shit from ecclesiastes* 70mm imax shot of austin hipsters being embarrassing 

Dunkirk.

A prime example how being up in your own arse ruins an opportunity to make a great war film. Thanks Nolan. You unloaded so much of your pretentious semen onto this it drained your balls forever.

Somehow it reminded me of Brexit. This has to be about Brexit.

Koyaanisqatsi.

Last time I watched it was at the end of 2002. The overall theme seems more relevant now than ever.

Also I forgot how beautiful that Glass composition was, especially with those analog synths.

classic lols, just look @ the chinless gimp, ffs, he boiled my piss by allowing Neil Hamilton a platform in local politics, but this is quality

lucky - boring as hell and harry dim stampton can't act for shit. now come on, shower me with your hate, watmm.

a golden shower, particularly if yer not into it

not seen Lucky, but "Paris, Texas"? c'mon Ewwwgenie. Plus his scenes in Wild @ Heart had some serious chutzpah

classic lols, just look @ the chinless gimp, ffs, he boiled my piss by allowing Neil Hamilton a platform in local politics, but this is qualit

Something about people's characters showing on their facial structures/features. He does look like a comfortable ass plug. Not that I would know, but ergonomics was one of my subjects in college so...

Plenty of such people in politics everywhere nowadays

lucky - boring as hell and harry dim stampton can't act for shit. now come on, shower me with your hate, watmm.

Is watmm a place for trolling too? Are we becoming a shithole like twitter and the rest of the internet?