thor 3 - i guess it's moderately entertaining and often funny but as much as i'd hate to get all rubin farr on this, it really does lose the plot with all that wisecrackery. i mean you have to have some sort of core even in a flick like this, and not just use it as a setting for shoving as many jokes per minute as possible. it kinda makes the whole thing much more pointless than it should be.

Rewatched Code 46, I still like it, I still think it's very underrated.

same. I don't know why it got such a bashing critically. some elements of it are a bit ott (I really didn't need to see Samantha Morton's vagoo) but other than that it's solid.

Went and saw Alien in the theater. Was great to see on the big screen, had some moments that felt like I was seeing it for the first time. Seeing a film I know that well and refocusing my attention really brings lots of goods along with the bads to the fore...Imperfect, but will always hold it in high regard, and it was very enjoyable. Some scenes are still tense as all hell.

so glad this guy is making movies,i trust him with anything after blade runner 2049,he sure doesn,t take the easy route as this is another tricky one,but clever sci fi with soul is his passion it seems,give him the alien franchise,or maybe the fabled akira live action gig,shame they already ruined ghost in the shell 

three billboards was astonishingly stupid. god i'm getting frustrated thinking about. every character is remarkably unlikable. completely uneven tone since they tried to make this some kind of black comedy? except all the jokes were telegraphed and awful. nothing in this movie was remotely believable. everything was stupid.

Three Billboards - it deals with the subject of grief intermittently well, Rockwell's arc was decent, but then it meandered all over the gaff. W/out Frances whatsherface, it would've sunk more quickly. John Wyles is usually well cast & shines in most things seen so far with him in, but he barely gets a look in. 6.5/10

no. it's way worse than this.

three billboards was astonishingly stupid. god i'm getting frustrated thinking about. every character is remarkably unlikable. completely uneven tone since they tried to make this some kind of black comedy? except all the jokes were telegraphed and awful. nothing in this movie was remotely believable. everything was stupid.

Three Billboards - it deals with the subject of grief intermittently well, Rockwell's arc was decent, but then it meandered all over the gaff. W/out Frances whatsherface, it would've sunk more quickly. John Wyles is usually well cast & shines in most things seen so far with him in, but he barely gets a look in. 6.5/10

Hahaha!

Did you watch In Bruges? Curious to know if you like that one better

I watched Poesia Sin Fin. Jodorowsky is a bit old and doesn't punch in the gut like he used to. But even though he's basically made a film about himself, you can admire the sincerity. And having your sons play your father and yourself is quite an information to have inside your head while watching it. Jesus what did he put his family through :D But yeah, 7/10

Hahaha!

Did you watch In Bruges? Curious to know if you like that one better

i haven't seen in bruges but i've heard good things, including from my bud who went with me last nite and also didn't three billboards (but not as much as i disliked it)

yesno

three billboards was terrible

the post - basically unwatchable.

shape of water - a really boring take on swamp thing so let’s pretend this is prestige filmmaking and give it a bunch of awards.

tbh 2017 might be the worst year for movies since like the late 90s. the whole medium is circling the drain. now people think a works value is based entirely on its political ideology and not the quality of the filmmaking or the aesthetic or the storytelling. can’t think of a single thing coming out this year that I want to see.

Edited by zaphod

is 3 Billboards really that bad? I rate everything else McDonagh's done.

apart from BR2049, I can't think of anything stellar from last year as well. and that was so unlikely too.

is 3 Billboards really that bad? I rate everything else McDonagh's done.

apart from BR2049, I can't think of anything stellar from last year as well. and that was so unlikely too.

i would say it's worth seeing so that you can see how truly bad it is. i wouldn't (and didn't) pay for it though

Phantom Thread was very enjoyable. The shots of Woodcock and Alma driving were a blatant throwback to A Clockwork Orange. And then there was Hitchcock all over the place. The score was impressionistic bliss. Can't wait to see it again!

Vo1TObV5.jpg

welp- this was terrible. an ex-hitwoman is caught in the middle of a gang war. she decides to return (or rather is forced to) by circumstance and to help fix some things/people in her past. here is the problem- all that happens in the first 10-15minutes. the rest is basically this weird editing, fighting in darkness and some of the worst dialogue i've ever heard. only redeeming factor is if you find taraji p henson hot. if not, you're cooked.