IGNORED

Future Islands (did Irony officially break?)

sheatheman

Maybe someday I will grow to embrace the singer's epic grotesqueness, but in the meantime I will remain grossed-out, embarassed, and depressed that this band has been on Thrill Jockey and 4AD while much better bands remain hunched in obscurity for lack of PR backing.

*sigh*

Can you give me some examples of vocalists with better vocal range and breath control?

I don't know anything about this "genre" but I think the frontman is extremely talented...Even if he can't dance.

can't dance?? are you nuts?

I'd kill to bust that out

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe someday I will grow to embrace the singer's epic grotesqueness, but in the meantime I will remain grossed-out, embarassed, and depressed that this band has been on Thrill Jockey and 4AD while much better bands remain hunched in obscurity for lack of PR backing.

*sigh*

Can you give me some examples of vocalists with better vocal range and breath control?

I don't know anything about this "genre" but I think the frontman is extremely talented...Even if he can't dance.

can't dance?? are you nuts?

I'd kill to bust that out

haha I like Joyboss's description..

"like a fucking praying mantis". The head thing. lush

now that's a dude on drugs singing a song he loves

i like the track in the video, honestly, i'm always up for a good old 80's facial if it's well done

80's facial, 80's bush, 80's eyebrows, 80's oily faces, 80's 'staches, 80's acne, 80's dry hair, 80's shoulder pads. Good times, good times.....

I can only describe this as a festering hillock of preying mantis prancing bum-wank. Which we actually need desperately as a culture in these maximalist post chill vapor wavestep times.

Actually one of the best growls I've heard.

What a guy. He needs to ditch the band and release a solo album. By that I mean just vocals.

"Herring says he’s laid down about 25 tracks for his first rap mixtape, and says he’ll release it soon. He’s also very keen on collaborating with Danny Brown."

I want this more than Aphex's next release

• 2 months later...

No

Yes

Sorry, to be clear, I'm talking about the vocal qualities, not the style of the singing. There is a rough rasp-iness to captain beefheart, moonlight on vermont he has a very very similar vocal quality.

• 6 months later...

Got to see these guys front row at the Shepherd's Bush Empire a couple of months ago and it was easily one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Singles was a fucking great album too.

Not sure what to make of their earlier material, though. It all sounds a bit 'samey' and lazy to me. They've definitely sounded progressively better with each release.

Lol at some comments on here heheh

anyway I've just recently got this album and must say I really like it, the songs all seem like growers. good stuff.

I can understand why the IDM fan would hate this

Archived