Guest crowndicey

8 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

We got 13 new tracks so far this year and i love em all 🥲 

Good times

Still sooo many more floating out there. I am so teased for an LP or two 🤤

• Like 1

We got 13 new tracks so far this year and i love em all 🥲 
Good times

6 x bblr, 2 x barcelona, 3 x London, 1 x soundcloud, I assume you arent counting the 4 duplicate omc bblr versions and the other 4 rereleased (2 on london 2 on soundcloud), what 13 are you counting Ivan?
Just checking in case I have missed one

Yes it is great, I'm hopeful for another tour record and an album after the tour, wishful thinking

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Mattthegoone said:

6 x bblr, 2 x barcelona, 3 x London, 1 x soundcloud, I assume you arent counting the 4 duplicate omc bblr versions and the other 4 rereleased (2 on london 2 on soundcloud), what 13 are you counting Ivan?
Just checking in case I have missed one

Yes it is great, I'm hopeful for another tour record and an album after the tour, wishful thinking

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

I'm counting the 2 fuji tracks + the new one on soundpuke. 5 blackbox trxxx (not the ambient version, was a bit overkill for me). The 3 new ones on field day and 2 barcelona tracks.

More are always welcome heh 😄

Hope someday the others he played live will drop cause they banged so hard

17 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

I'm counting the 2 fuji tracks + the new one on soundpuke. 5 blackbox trxxx (not the ambient version, was a bit overkill for me). The 3 new ones on field day and 2 barcelona tracks.

Yeah keep firing them out rich, I really like 

19 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Yeah keep firing them out rich, I really like   bblr20

1 hour ago, Summon Dot E X E said:

are the live ones just youtube videos so far?

i didn't catch the soundcloud one -- link?

The live ones on youtube there's about another 15, I've lost count now, on top of 8 new ones that got a release

• Like 1

Im re-loving the Korg Funk5 atm.. Had this track on loop today even If I already heard it 100 times before.. 

Those very snappy percussions with a groovy synth bass is just so god damn tasty! :music:

where is watmm at with waveform analysis on korg funk5? is it a different version? idk if it's this rip but it sounds different

also what kind of person uploads a new aphx rip in mono

seems to happen a bunch

• Like 2

so the end of the summer afx tour is here and can't believe how quick its gone by. 9 shows  :aphexsign: in less than three months, has he ever done this many in such a short time?

but just wanted to say thanks to ya rdj who you've helped me in my own life, multiple times:)

in the syrobonkers! you said 'autistic trait' about how you used to feel and i realized i was on the autism spectrum, which i officially confirmed last year and that has been a big relief for me. i now understand but i wasn't too happy at the time wondering how could i not know or those around me not know? thanks rdj!!!

that same year in 2014 you said in an interview that you tell those with a baby or toddler that all the noise will pass and it will get better:) it did and i constantly reminded myself of that to deal with the noise and constant looking after. (i was the oldest of six kids and helped take care and raise my siblings. at 12 years my mom had twins so i constantly heard crying and noise throughout growing up, and that all came flooding back when i had a kid of my own. because of that only had one kid) what you said made such a big difference in how i dealt with the memories coming back from experiencing it again. thank you rdj:)

the music you have created has helped me through so many different times in my life :aphexsign: it's alive is the best way to describe how i feel listening to any of your music. thanks aphex!

the people i've met this summer have so much excitement and joy when raving at your shows. really really nice fans you have:) :aphexsign:

in another interview you were talking about how we're possibly living in a simulation and the other links you put on soundclown that opened my mind to take in other aspects of this reality. made me do tons of research and still do because of that. (what if  i  told you)

i wanted to say thank you for releasing all the tracks on sc and continue today giving away music others only dream about creating. you started uploading tracks to sc the day after my dad was buried and it helped me immensely throughout the following years.

there's more but i'll write some when i get back from the double rave this weekend.

amazing times will be had :aphexsign:

to celebrate the end of summer aphex tour

what are your stories/memories/influences/favorite songs/favorite afx shows/wisdom of aphex twin

write your piece about aphex as something fun for rdj to read and see how much he's really made a difference in our lives

thanks rdj!!!

all emotion/reactions left on all posts from the bottom pulldown (love, happy, sad, confused, big brain, thanks, burger, farnsworth and pitcard facepalm) from now til tuesday september 12 @ 16:20 irish time will be added up and one london 19.08.23 card will be gifted to the aphex fan that gets the highest:)

:aphexsign: thanks for all the acid  :aphexsign:

aphextwinDSC00855.thumb.JPG.abf75d82facd8bdc169594ab155f32d2.JPG

• Like 20

1 hour ago, diatoms said:

to celebrate the end of summer aphex tour

what are your stories/memories/influences/favorite songs/favorite afx shows/wisdom of aphex twin

write your piece about aphex as something fun for rdj to read and see how much he's really made a difference in our lives

thanks rdj!!!

Ok

afx learned me to rave and enjoy electronic music

i liked daft punk, chemical brothers and stuff, nothing much else and was mostly into black metal, hiphop and grindcore

i didn't have internet yet back then so i looked for new music in cd stores or concerts.

Me and a bunch of friends were gonna do shrooms at a friends house who was gonna try it for the first time, so i went to the record store to buy an electronic album to chill to on the shroomies and i blindly bought drukqs. (i knew some afx songs from mtv)

oh boy when we peaked i put on that album and the first track had me by the throat (still one of the greatest songs i know) and then holy shit.... what a journey,

those small different moods, then to get catapulted back into pure insanity. hellish and beautifull

i imagined an insane composer who locked the door on his house, threw away the key and just went berzerk 24 hours a day for a year on his machines.

still the best album i ever heard and that friend who took shrooms for the first time went this year with me to his show at best kept secret.

after that i was on a hunt by anything this man made. Got icbyd, then RDJ album and was blown away at how different each release was a few years later i scored the tuss and chosen lords ( didn't have internet yet so everything i bought was on cd)

when i finally had internet in my farmers hole, i learned about this project called steinvord that might involve afx so i joined WATMM to find out more.

Had great times here on WATMM and then thanks to Joyrex we all bought the caustic window album, that felt so amazing, the power of music fans.

When he did the sounddump i became... obsessed! the legend was true, this dude had 100's of (amazing) unreleased tracks, my jaw dropped.

there he was, the music legend, giving out free music on soundcloud, chatting with his fans and he's just a normal human being like everyone else lol

went to 2 of his shows this year with friends and had the best time ever, i'll always go to his concerts in the future and try to get my hands on anything he releases.

i could type for hours but i'll stop here. Just felt like contributing to Diatoms his post.

i don't need a card cause he already gave me one, this nice ass rave wizard saved one for me on field day.  You have my eternal thanks Diatoms, you legend 🥲

and yes RDJ thanks for all the amazing music and good times.

also, release the ploink and waffleland tracks afx nerd!

pls

Edited by Ivan Ooze
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

2 hours ago, Berk said:

No internet and finding out his music via record stores for such a long time sounds really nice 

Yeah it was a realy nice time!

Realy gave a rush coming home after travelling all day for some cd's, lighting a spliff and diving into unkown warp or planet mu records.

I still often dream i'm at a record store looking for albums, mostly it's blackmetal bands and albums that dont exist. I cant seem to let go of that genre 🧛‍♂️

• Like 3

Yes it's good to have experienced just blindly buying records from shops. I didn't even have mtv so I don't even know how the fuck I watched videos for Aphex. Thinking about it I'm 100% sure I bought the official Warp video tapes! How fucking crazy is that? Sure there was a VHS compilation of On, Donkey Rhubard etc. Mad times. Youngsters are spoilt nowadays!!

(Farnsworth)

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 3

Oh yeah. Never having heard Squarepusher, I picked up Big Loada when it was released based on the cover at Gramophone Records in Chicago and listened to it at the listening station and it blew my damn mind. 
I remember how hard it was to find Aphex Twin and Coil records in the 90s. The only place “near” where I lived was not convenient. I remember always seeing April Wine and Archers of Loaf records next to where the often-empty Aphex Twin slot was. My first RDJ release was On in 94 or 95, then I nabbed either SAW2 or Ventolin next. After that it was all downhill. I remember being super excited when I came to the often-empty slot and finding The Donkey Rhubarb ep. The cover art was so modern and hilarious. The Girl/Boy ep also blew my mind when it dropped. I listened to that CD a billion times. 
Come to think of it, it’s pretty rad that Richard still drops so many quality EPs. Every one has as much distinct character as a full length release. It definitely keeps the hype train rolling rather than just putting out a big LP every 5 years or whatever. 

… edit…

I forgot to mention my 2 aphex shows. First was in 97 @ The Vic in Chicago. He sat on a couch with just a laptop for the whole show and his buddies came out in the donkey rhubarb bear outfits and breakdanced / wrestled / etc for the whole show. Afterwards, I saw Rich outside his tour bus as his sweaty buddies were stuffing the bear costumes in the underside compartment and I didn’t know what to say to him so I just gave him a tiny green plastic alien I got earlier in the evening from a gumball machine. 

22 years later, I flew back to New York (where I had lived b/w 99 & 2011) to see the Avant Gardner show. It was emotional. 

I guess if rich were to ever read this, I would be curious if he remembered that little green alien. I still wouldn’t know what to say to him exactly, at least I don’t know what wouldn’t sound awkward... like how I listened to SAW2 almost every night through high school on my discman through headphones under my pillow as I fell asleep… or how I play SAW1 every other day while driving in the car these days because it’s almost 100% guaranteed to put my toddler to sleep around naptime… or how Syro came at an emotional low point in my life and was really a helpful companion to guide me through some of the darker parts… or how he’s possibly the only artist I’ve ever cared to try to be “completist” about as far as collecting and practically zero of my friends even know about him, let alone know that I hang out on a music forum and type epic posts about how big a deal he is in my life. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 8
  • Farnsworth 1

favourite moments from the past 20 years of my afx fandom... 

- discovering rdj after seeing the come to daddy video on the channel 'Q' and it blowing my tiny brain to bits

- the tuss whodunnit saga

- not afx-specific but his music introducing me to the world of warp/idm (boc, autechre, spusher

- the whole blimp/syro rollout 

- soundcloud dump (this one is at the top! it was by far the most exciting time to be an aphex fan) 

- field day 2017 (first time seeing the phexmeister general) 

• Like 4

Discovering Come to Daddy video in 2003, Chris Cunningham obsession ensues.
Getting really into Xtal/Heliosphan while making computer art in 2004
Buying ICBYD/RDJ/26Mixes on CD and discovering all the layers there while doing homework
Buying the limited vinyl of SAWII and falling asleep stoned to tracks like Tassels
Listening to Vordhosbn walking home from school, Taking Control, 54 Cymru Beats between classes.
The moment I realized the vocals in 54 Cymru were about "3 bears"...
The slow release of the Analords and wondering what would come next. Jamming out drunk to PWSteal after my cousin's wedding.
The summer of The Tuss in 2007, really special time, I was living alone and those tunes were the soundtrack to my solitude.
Hearing Minipops premiere on the "radio" in 2014, I took a break from work just to listen to it
The subsequent release of Syro and uptick in activity, coincided with a breakup, but felt apt somehow
Soundcloud dump, hearing 28 Organ and other "lost" tracks
Day for Night Festival, traveled to Texas just to see him
Collapse comes out, includes track played at DFN I was certain was one of his
Wearing the aphex shirt I've had since 2005 to Field Day 2023, hearing Falling Free live after getting lost in it 18 years prior at my desk.

The moments all start as small/personal ones, and somehow eventually connect with bigger ones out in the world.
Power of music and community, huh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, hoggy said:

Yeah it's the Goldilocks story

hucQ 

woooooh…

mummmmyyy beaarr , daddy beawhrr ,

boh boh boh boi ! bohppy bear , boppy bear..

baybee beeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

whooosh

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

once.. up - on - a - time... there - were .. 3 - bears... mum - my - bear... dad - dy - bear ...

once.. up - on - a - time... there - were .. 3 - bears... mum - my - bear... dad - dy - bear ...

dadddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyw9ubuasbdousadbf -- daddy - b - b -buuuuuuuuuuu - bay -bee - bearrrrrrrr .... eaeaaeae

EDIT: jinx

Edited by Bubba69
  • Like 7