On a side note, you have to question what kind of half-assed record label lets this happen. I mean Warp aren't some small time outfit. This has happened before so I was very surprised they'd let one of their biggest artists fall prey to this.

i wonder if Daniel will put his trust in them again. They seem really ameteurish to have let this happen.

a leak before or afterwards doesnt change anything its going to sell the same.

I don't think that's true.

People may not skip out on buying the album because they've already heard it but some people will listen to and get tired/forget about the album by the time the official release comes round. People consume too much music too fast sometimes (there's a thread here about it at the mo). 3 months is a loooonggg wait.

I will be downloading the leak shortly I'm sure but will buy the record when it comes out.

a leak before or afterwards doesnt change anything its going to sell the same.

I don't think that's true.

People may not skip out on buying the album because they've already heard it but some people will listen to and get tired/forget about the album by the time the official release comes round. People consume too much music too fast sometimes (there's a thread here about it at the mo). 3 months is a loooonggg wait.

I will be downloading the leak shortly I'm sure but will buy the record when it comes out.

ok this are some arguments

anyways crazy weird album and i´m used to weird stuff.

didnt D.Lopatin say this is going to be on the new record because i didnt hear it so far :/

Edited by Kavinsky

anyways crazy weird album and i´m used to weird stuff.

didnt D.Lopatin say this is going to be on the new record because i didnt hear it so far :/

indeed it isn't, my one disappointment with this album. otherwise amazing record

This album is incredibly disappointing. I couldn't get all the way through it. It's all my least favorite parts of R+7 mixed with EDM. I wonder why Warp thought we should wait so long for that. It's unbelievable that they would just allow those two months of waiting without any more updates. That's a great way to build up hype and then let it all vanish. Or maybe this leak was just a promo thing done by Warp and the real album will be much better.

Edited by drillkicker

I D/L leaks to preview albums, but usually just listen to them once: I'll purchase a copy if I like what I hear, or will delete the files of my HD if I don't.

And I'll purchase G.O.D. as soon as I get my paycheck. Great, great stuff.

Might have a listen one of these days to satisfy my curiosity. R Plus Seven leaked similarly early if I'm remembering well, and I don't think it messed with my experience of the album in any meaningful way, besides bringing the whole thing forward in time from the planned release obviously. He/they didn't get as carried away with the presentation and promo side of things then but I wasn't keeping up with the campaign for the new one anyway so nothing is going to be spoiled if I do end up listening to the leak.

StephenG, have you even listened to Replica yet?

The official "Get StephenG into OPN Thread"

lol sorry, wasn't trying to shift the focus or anything.

Naw, its all good. I wasn't huge on any of his albums first few listens but they grow on you. GOD is pretty accessible and I'm digging this on first listen, you'll probably like it

This album is incredibly disappointing. I couldn't get all the way through it. It's all my least favorite parts of R+7 mixed with EDM. I wonder why Warp thought we should wait so long for that. It's unbelievable that they would just allow those two months of waiting without any more updates. That's a great way to build up hype and then let it all vanish. Or maybe this leak was just a promo thing done by Warp and the real album will be much better.

Why do I get the feeling you would have been dissapointed if you had actually liked the album?

Anyway, had a couple initial listens today. It definitely sets a certain mood. I have a feeling it's gonna be more of a grower, tho there's a couple of bangers here and there

This album is insane

Loving it, twisted as fuck. Sprawling all over the place. Weirdo electronica noise collage with ambience peeking out of the maelstrom like beams of sunlight.

Full of twists & turns and nooks & crannies and dead ends & cul de sacs.

Gonna take a while to get acquainted with this one, let it fully absorb.

Really don't see the Oversteps comparison

at least 2 moments in the album sound like straight up tribute/homages to oversteps, ill timecode the parts in each song next time i listen.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

my guess is someone who was on the Warp promo list either didn't know how serious the watermarking was or just said 'fuck it' and torched their own access to future promos and leaked it. 2 months before a release is pretty normal for promo send outs, usually the untraceable leak part happens at the manufacturing stage, a store or someone who works at the plant leaking a copy online a few weeks before street date (gl0tch has brought this up here before)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Really don't see the Oversteps comparison

at least 2 moments in the album sound like straight up tribute/homages to oversteps, ill timecode the parts in each song next time i listen.

Much appreciated, I've only listened to GOD once and it's pretty dense