i got a boner to this but then i wondered if i was a 90s kid so i consulted sit booboo sit good dog and then i went into my archives and played snes games just to make sure as well as dvds of commercials because we all know that's the kind of conceptual and aesthetic reference that makes this shit breath does it sound like he's totally referenced something like this record is such a poster of graphics and sounds and he's so chill and relaxed and he just wears a baseball cap and his dad is from russia but he got a synth from him and shared a closet with a woman and wouldn't it be so weird if you did like a library record or a new age record where you used the same fucking sounds but made them more "dark?"

I AM A REFERENCE I DARE YOU TO REFER ME TO ORIGINALITY

i got a boner to this but then i wondered if i was a 90s kid so i consulted sit booboo sit good dog and then i went into my archives and played snes games just to make sure as well as dvds of commercials because we all know that's the kind of conceptual and aesthetic reference that makes this shit breath does it sound like he's totally referenced something like this record is such a poster of graphics and sounds and he's so chill and relaxed and he just wears a baseball cap and his dad is from russia but he got a synth from him and shared a closet with a woman and wouldn't it be so weird if you did like a library record or a new age record where you used the same fucking sounds but made them more "dark?"

Makes sense. I'm younger so I'm less borthered. Bortherd

This one time i got a boner and then I got my dog to lick my boner while I was watching Headbanger's ball. That dog is dead now. I'm full of shame and remembering my poor dead dog. That's what this album feels like.

first hellraiser is really great. has a few spotty moments but definitely stands up over time more than say Nightmare on elm st. Frank's floor transformation/rebirth scene is still one of the best/grossest practical horror effects in film history

booo alco. you can totally make something original by referencing other things. in fact, many great things do this. pulp fiction, hip hop, basically every internet meme.

it sort of gets to a point where you're just deciding to be grouchy, and tbh i think the only person that loses in this scenario is you. none of us are going to be like "yknow he's right! i hate OPN" because we seem to be getting something totally different out of it all. also I haven't heard this album yet, but judging by people's reactions and the track i bight through it, it's a very original sound. seriously you can link to gary larson and say this that and the other but in all honesty it just seems like you've given replica maybe half a listen, and even then i don't see how you can call it unoriginal.

why are you putting so much energy into "debunking" his music? it sort of comes off as insecure or something.

to me it just comes off as him being unfiltered and just posting whatever the hell he feels about the album on a message board.

it was your response that actually came off as insecure because of how much his not overwhelmingly favorable opinion of it effected you, think about that

Edited by John Ehrlichman

I'm digging this a lot but I feel like it needs more tracks or something. my favorite parts are too short :(

those parts being 3:18 on mutant standard when those dreamy synths kick in <3 omg i gasmed during that part

or the main melody of animals, i dug it more in the album teaser. not to say i don't like the song as it is, but i want different versions

and those guitar parts in i bite through it <3 it'd be dope to have a whole song with just that instrument

This is the first OPN album that's really grabbed me on my first listen. It makes me want to listen to Howard Shore's old Cronberg soundtracks and Soisong... and rewatch Child of Rage. Also, love the jarring 80's guitar shredding on that one track. Good stuff.

my favorite parts are too short :(

those parts being 3:18 on mutant standard when those dreamy synths kick in <3 omg i gasmed during that part

I feel this way, too. Several times on the album it gets to a point where I'm really starting to get into the music, and then it just stops. I get that this is his thing, but can't you hold out bit longer? Like 1:50 in Mutant Standard, or 2:46 in Freaky Eyes. I'm literally almost in tears at those parts, but then it gets cut off.

my favorite parts are too short :(

I feel this way, too. Several times on the album it gets to a point where I'm really starting to get into the music, and then it just stops. I get that this is his thing, but can't you hold out bit longer? Like 1:50 in Mutant Standard, or 2:46 in Freaky Eyes. I'm literally almost in tears at those parts, but then it gets cut off.
Definitely agree with this. There are some incredible moments on this record and I wish they would hold out longer. I know it's kind of the whole thing behind the album but damnnnn some of those fractions are so tasty, I want more of them.