Also, anyone recognize the end of Mutant Standard as sounding like the Metz track? Sounded especially so live.

Or the phexy synth that's being talkboxed over?

For sure, I've been wondering why it felt so familiar.

Great vid, the ending with the face in the sphere is just...well...very unsettling to say the least.

Just saw he added more live dates to his tour, and he's gonna perform some gigs in Europe. Very tempted to go see him in Paris :music:

Looks like Pitchfork might be putting something interesting out there : a podcast interview of OPN along with "2 exclusive Kaoss Edge tracks".

You can download everything by getting here : http://pitchfork.com/features/podcasts/9767-this-is-how-we-do-it-oneohtrix-point-never/.

Currently downloading, will listen to the podcast tonight, and I strongly hope the "exclusive tracks" really are exclusive and not just Pitchfork mis-labelling the tracks he posted as Kaoss Edge on Soundcloud !

a pretty solid curveball for all expecting the post-ambient haze of his Rifts compilation.

Not really so much of a curveball as just a ball when there were three albums between Rifts and GoD that slowly headed in this direction

Guest bitroast

a pretty solid curveball for all expecting the post-ambient haze of his Rifts compilation.

Not really so much of a curveball as just a ball when there were three albums between Rifts and GoD that slowly headed in this direction

stop living in the past !!!

you're living in the past , man !!!

good call on that.. pretty lazy/inaccurate. still it's refreshing to read a vaguely negative review when others (e.g. Pitchfork) are deeming it "absolutely gripping" etc.

Yeah GoD seems like a natural progression from the past few albums even if I couldn't predict it coming, including the "ADHD" style, I always found R+7 all over the place in a similar fashion. I definitely see where the author is coming from, it seems to match some of the criticisms in this thread as well, and the observations are all pretty accurate, you just either love it or hate it.

"love it or hate it", not so much.. there are good parts, but they're so fleeting.. Mutant Standard is the only track you can really sink your teeth into, and it's still too short. i'm kinda lukewarm on it, there are bright instances as well as repulsive bits. i don't think it's very polarising.. maybe it is?

"..at other times it’s easy to feel shut-out, as if you’re looking in at someone’s intellectual ADHD, but he’s steadfastly refusing to meet your gaze."

the last line of the dusted review sort of nails it.. like there's a lot of flash, or showiness to it, but it's not very accessible. more just like something to marvel at or whatever.

unlike AE_LIVE, which is chock full of juicy sounds, and you can live in it. it's possible to immerse yourself in the architecture of it, examine the contours, kick the tires etc.

tbh this aspect of recent opn is the most interesting thing about it for me.

especially in the context of horizontal, endlessly linear electronic music. not everything needs to consist of 90s-ae-like accretion and fading out of elements. quite like hearing music that seems excited about the possibilities of where it could go at any moment.

for sure!

"love it or hate it", not so much.. there are good parts, but they're so fleeting.. Mutant Standard is the only track you can really sink your teeth into, and it's still too short. i'm kinda lukewarm on it, there are bright instances as well as repulsive bits. i don't think it's very polarising.. maybe it is?

alright like it or don't like it :catbleed:

I think there are downsides to Garden of Delete, and I agree with that review in parts, but how many other currently active avant garde/experimental music artists are there that have as wide of a scope, push boundaries as much, or have as much influence?

Dude, after R+7, those sounds he dredged up were popping up in top 40 music and all over the spectrum.

His music is always worth digging into, even if you don't love it and treasure it in the long run

Agree with Ganus. Listened to this a whole bunch since release and disagree with the haters out there. It's not easy to pull this off - it has real, singular vision. And for people and critics making adhd comments, completely disagree. This is a concept album, it tells a contemporary story. Wish more artists could pull that off; I'm taken back to Floyd and whatnot. GoD will have longevity. Critics are dumb.