album is like a soundtrack to spending weekends playing time crisis & tekken at arcades all while listening to hybrid theory on my discman, lol

oh shit, totally

jesus christ can this shit get any more contrived

#referencial90skidscommercialsvideogameslol

It's just music, man. Take it easy!

album is like a soundtrack to spending weekends playing time crisis & tekken at arcades all while listening to hybrid theory on my discman, lol

oh shit, totally

its just music but he's still right a fuck, i mean its almost like we're talking like the Quietus, thats not a good look for a regular person 'naturally expressing themselves', feel me?

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Guest bitroast

oh shit, totally

its just music but he's still right a fuck, i mean its almost like we're talking like the Quietus, thats not a good look for a regular person 'naturally expressing themselves', feel me?

not really ..

it's a pretty conceptual album and referencing what the album is evoking seems pretty normal..

one thing that really works in 0pn's favour is how concept heavy the music is but never to the point that it detracts from the music. you can listen to and enjoy the tunes without even considering what the ideas are behind the music. but if you wanna dig a little deeper you can totally start dropping the hybrid theory tekken references and get all Quietus on the forums.

oh shit, totally

not really ..

it's a pretty conceptual album and referencing what the album is evoking seems pretty normal..

one thing that really works in 0pn's favour is how concept heavy the music is but never to the point that it detracts from the music. you can listen to and enjoy the tunes without even considering what the ideas are behind the music. but if you wanna dig a little deeper you can totally start dropping the hybrid theory tekken references and get all Quietus on the forums.

I don't know, I've noticed it in myself, using those 'unnatural' referential descriptors for his music I mean, and it feels like an admission of weakness. Makes you wonder, is it just me that doesn't have anything better to say about the music or is it really all there is to it. And if the latter, is that uh... enough?

real music has to be made by faceless "uncompromised" musicians with at the very least 15 years of languishing in obscurity, also they have to know the importance of throbbing gristle and zoviet france, and also mick harris invented dubstep

real music has to be made by faceless "uncompromised" musicians with at the very least 15 years of languishing in obscurity, also they have to know the importance of throbbing gristle and zoviet france, and also mick harris invented dubstep

lol

real music has to be made by faceless "uncompromised" musicians with at the very least 15 years of languishing in obscurity, also they have to know the importance of throbbing gristle and zoviet france, and also mick harris invented dubste

hapssh.gif

oh shit, totally

not really ..

I don't know, I've noticed it in myself, using those 'unnatural' referential descriptors for his music I mean, and it feels like an admission of weakness. Makes you wonder, is it just me that doesn't have anything better to say about the music or is it really all there is to it. And if the latter, is that uh... enough?

i go back and forth on this debate myself a lot. 0PNs music speaks for itself above all else, unlike a lot of other hyped albums/artists I've seen given widespread acclaim through verbose, hyperbolic write-ups and/or the artists do a lot of pretentious sometimes even faux academic interviews...(nicolas jaar, ariel pink, fatima al qadiri, yeezus, fka twigs all come to mind) but once I heard this albums I was more or less like "err...it's alright." with 0PN's stuff I'll hear it then I'll want to read up more and more on his music

what did alco give r+7? like pretentious donkey kong/10 or something? so is this noob saibot fatalities/5?

oh shit, totally

I agreed with the comment about tekken/hybrid theory because that's what it reminds me of, not because it's some kind of higher level concept or anything.

I'm not sure why I'm arguing about this; the truth is that this album is super exciting to me for non-conceptual reasons (not that there's anything wrong with that).