• 4 weeks later...

listened to Replica for the first time in ages, the Replica > R+7 > GoD transition is just crazy to think about

he truly transcended with Replica. he has been magical ever since.

did we all agree that GOD was hands down the best album of 2015? p sure we did.

was hoping for him to play this when I saw him in London last year. he played mostly GOD songs and music for steamed rocks... nothing else. He played in London last month too but not sure if this was played...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-Yc0gbxHs

If you get the chance... go see this tour, Garden of Delete is fucking intense live.

fuck, this track sounds intense as hell would love to hear this...

So I went to see him live some years ago (I think Replica was just released) in a music festival and the place was desert compared to other stages, and now is the best new thing?

Also, I like R+7 and his older stuff a lot more than this album.

listened to Replica for the first time in ages, the Replica > R+7 > GoD transition is just crazy to think about

he truly transcended with Replica. he has been magical ever since.

did we all agree that GOD was hands down the best album of 2015? p sure we did.

nah, don't think it was that unanimous. the people that liked it really liked it i guess but i would say the reaction to GoD amongst fans was mixed, or more so than you might imagine.
NO

WE ALL AGREED IT WAS THE BEST ALBUM OF 2015

It was unanimous.

:whistling:

no desire to revisit Garden of Delete... it's all over the place, never settles into any residual zones. fuckin ADD bullshit

just deleted the garden. more over the top bollox.

I'm not the only one then... We actually gave the physical copy away, to the pond in front of our house. OPN frisbee. lol.

I just can't get into this album at all, it just gets on my nerves

I did at one point try to convince myself it was a whole lot better than it is, but can't do that anymore lol...

Edited by StephenG

It was unanimous.

:whistling:

no desire to revisit Garden of Delete... it's all over the place, never settles into any residual zones. fuckin ADD bullshit

just deleted the garden. more over the top bollox.

I'm not the only one then... We actually gave the physical copy away, to the pond in front of our house. OPN frisbee. lol.

I just can't get into this album at all, it just gets on my nerves

I did at one point try to convince myself it was a whole lot better than it is, but can't do that anymore lol...

Dissenters will be executed. :diablo:

I have to side with the people who haven't found a reason to go back to the album. I think I overplayed the album when it came out. It feels short in comparison to R+7, which has a lot of ambient sections that pad out the more busy stuff. The one track that I loved from the start, and continue to love hearing is "Animals".

Same. I played the everloving shit out of this album, and I still love it, but I find myself not listening to it much these days. Perhaps it's just the way I am with albums I like.

Everyone is gonna have their own album of the year. GOD was very good if you're a real fan of his work but I thought it underwhelming. I couldn't get past those those clap-trap vocals he used to ruined otherwise decent tracks. By far and away the best thing on GOD was the bonus track 'The Knuckleheads'. I played that many times. The rest ranged from meh to okay. Most of it I never bothered with after about a week.

2015 was a poor year for electronic stuff, at least for me. Very few of my favourite artists released albums. My favourite thing of 2015 was actually a 4 track EP - MBM on Skam. That was killer. If it hadn't been for that, I dunno what what would have held my attention.

I think a lot of people like OPN's GOD but it was really no more than an average album in a poor year of music - at least for me.

idk, for me this has actually become one of my favourite albums of all-time. I love how everything is so chaotic and the songs enter all these different phases and in subtle and not so subtle ways - it still makes me absolutely red in the face every time I hear the super intense part on Mutant Standard, two thirds of the way through. And somehow, in my opinion, he makes this chaos blur into itself so well and some of the moments on the album still surprise me. Also, I really love those chipmunky/nightcoreish sort of vocals on the tracks and I think they really hark back to a time in my childhood where that sort of stuff in the more mainstream techno was big, and that sort of reference makes me very happy (sorry if I sound like a nostalgia freak lol).

It's an incredibly powerful album imo - for some reason I've never felt fatigued after listening to it and I think it's OPN's best work so far. It's made me VERY intrigued to see what he's gonna put out next. <:

(also Ezra has definitely become one of my fav trax ever ever ever)

Can't agree more, although my favorite track from the album is probably Child of Rage. There's just so many layers and emotion in this track, it's beautiful.

bubb, blank, doublename and trilo have the correct opinions

ANY OTHER OPINION IS INCORRECT

Stephen is so wrong he needs to be banned IMMEDIATELY

bubb, blank, doublename and trilo have the correct opinions

ANY OTHER OPINION IS INCORRECT

Stephen is so wrong he needs to be banned IMMEDIATELY

instead of a forum we should have a site where the correct opinions are engraved and people can comment and agree with those opinions tbh imo

edit: to be serious i haven't revisited this album much, I do love it tho

Edited by MIXL2

I haven't listened to it a lot after the first couple of weeks either.

I think that he achieved what he wanted with this album but that the result is just not something I can enjoy in the long term. Too much rush, adaptation and general backwardness for me. I bet most of those here who love it are younger and/or more into industrial "rock" than I am for instance.

I haven't listened to it a lot after the first couple of weeks either.

I think that he achieved what he wanted with this album but that the result is just not something I can enjoy in the long term. Too much rush, adaptation and general backwardness for me. I bet most of those here who love it are younger and/or more into industrial "rock" than I am for instance.

That may be true, there is definitely a certain heaviness to all the noise, that especially came out while seeing it live. I haven't revisited it much since seeing the show last month, but I still love the album

Couldn't get into this album either. My take was the tunes were very clever and technical but not much substance. Just my humble opinion though.

Edited by beerwolf