IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

yes, nineFLY was also one of my instant favourites. those overtones and weird rhythms

i heardit at work first and couldn't focus on it.. but when i got home i listened in the studio and there's some amazing structure in there.. and those pitter patter rhythms going on.. everything kind of constantly morphs. i appreciate all the open loose structures in all these tracks.  having listened to lot's of really long jazz tracks from miles davis (big fun, panthallassa, etc) over the years i find it immediately makes sense for them to do this kind of thing and really just play w/all the ideas.

icari is epic to me. 

Rob in the AAA literally said M39 Diffain was made from a field recording of him walking around in the rain. Was it Berlin he said?

Not AAA, the quietus

http://thequietus.com/articles/13899-autechre-interview-exai-l-event

'M39 Diffain'

RB: "It took a while to make that track, 'cause it was made up of disparate elements. It was less of the machine-building and a lot of found sounds, a lot of field recordings going into it – rain, New York, bits of city life, bits of weather, direct recordings of rain on certain objects mic'd-up - things like that. Oddly enough, I remember walking into town with it on my headphones, demoing it to see where it's going next. As it happened, I was on my way to an Untold gig. None of my friends could make it, and I basically got pissed and listened to Untold on my own and it was brilliant, even though I was this kind of sad dickhead at the back of the club with some Red Stripe having a great time and being all ears. I totally remember walking in the rain with it on headphones to a gig. It was just the best night, because I got to check this track out in the rain, [and] it was recorded using bits of rain… I went for a long, late-night walk listening to a nearly-finished version, went home and put the final touches to it, and then it was done. I think it's a good one for depth and scapes, just listening on headphones and being isolated with a weather pattern nearby."

Its time for a new ae interview

If they did another long interview now like the Elseq RA one from 2 years ago I would be so happy

Yup

they should do a podcast session in 4 parts over 4 weeks. what's his name from hafler trio could do the interviews.  andrew mckenzie?

Rob in the AAA literally said M39 Diffain was made from a field recording of him walking around in the rain. Was it Berlin he said?

Not AAA, the quietus

'M39 Diffain'

RB: "It took a while to make that track, 'cause it was made up of disparate elements. It was less of the machine-building and a lot of found sounds, a lot of field recordings going into it – rain, New York, bits of city life, bits of weather, direct recordings of rain on certain objects mic'd-up - things like that. Oddly enough, I remember walking into town with it on my headphones, demoing it to see where it's going next. As it happened, I was on my way to an Untold gig. None of my friends could make it, and I basically got pissed and listened to Untold on my own and it was brilliant, even though I was this kind of sad dickhead at the back of the club with some Red Stripe having a great time and being all ears. I totally remember walking in the rain with it on headphones to a gig. It was just the best night, because I got to check this track out in the rain, [and] it was recorded using bits of rain… I went for a long, late-night walk listening to a nearly-finished version, went home and put the final touches to it, and then it was done. I think it's a good one for depth and scapes, just listening on headphones and being isolated with a weather pattern nearby."

that's fuckin cool

Not AAA, the quietus

'M39 Diffain'

It was in the AAA too. It's how we learned that tac lacora was solo Sean and M39 Diffain was solo Rob.

Not AAA, the quietus

'M39 Diffain'

It was in the AAA too. It's how we learned that tac lacora was solo Sean and M39 Diffain was solo Rob.

Well, i didn't read it all (throws the subforum badge), but i think Sean told the tac Lacora story there and Rob's M39 Diffain came after in this interview, as it was the same month

luY7L.png

now they make music only with maxmsp, completely digital. you can hear stepped wave forms if you listen carefully. it's awful! melodies cant survive this digital armagedon...their fate is doomed from the very start on synthesis level. now multiply every channel and efx. that my friends is the definition of audio hell

760SystemHell.png

Edited by xox

i kinda scanned throug a bunch of tracks from sessions 1-3 and holy fuck so much awesome immense bewildering tunes.. after session 4 i'll have to decompress or something. make some play lists and then approach them again. i have a bunch of recordsings of the modular i have to go through but i don't want to go near them while i'm thinking about the autechres. it'll headfuck the outcome. 

NTS has more bass-heavy tracks than anything they've done.

My theory is that everyone complaining about the bass just has shitty speakers. :nyan::nyan::nyan::nyan:

Nope! And if you look at certain tracks there is less low end at certain frequencies. The first REM album has more bass than some of these songs.

I like that my breaking point for the first time with a studio album with AE since 2008 was "the kick drum sound is too quiet and not thicc enough" instead of their jam band for Linux user aesthetic since elseq lol. And I guess the mixes are flat like the Quaristice jams and some of AE LIVE.

Edited by lastrushup10

I dont get the lack of bass comments_ Untilted, sure, prioritizes precise textures and can generally sound less than phat.  But NTS has some of the most earth shattering grumbles in the low-end that theyve put out in years.  Been listening mostly cranked loud on headphones fwiw

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Yeah, I've not had any issues with bass in these sessions.

I'm wondering if it's just my headphones...

Sennheiser 280pro-EQ settings off... And loud.

Everything is clear, and the bass sometimes vibrates my headphones.

=X

I think i read somewhere that the 280's are kind of bass heavy... =/

Maybe that's it? No clue...