IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

• 1 month later...

six of eight really clicking for me now...I've liked it for a while but now its all I want..when I don't have headphones or my wearable speaker (Sony) I crave it. I just want to hear this fucking track. Ae are manipulators of the ears who can take months or even to break down their listeners. The NTS seshs are daunting and I'm chipping away at them. But you know after this Four Tet will do nothing for me aurally unless I hit the rest button.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

The clipping resonant synths at the towards the end of g 1 e 1.

?

So much tasty resonance on that whole piece.  Reminds me of really old electronic compositions from days of yore (long before me or ae existed)

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 9:14 PM, Schlitze said:

six of eight really clicking for me now...I've liked it for a while but now its all I want..when I don't have headphones or my wearable speaker (Sony) I crave it. I just want to hear this fucking track. Ae are manipulators of the ears who can take months or even to break down their listeners. The NTS seshs are daunting and I'm chipping away at them. But you know after this Four Tet will do nothing for me aurally unless I hit the rest button.

NTS is indeed overwhelmingly vast, so far only a handful of tracks have become familiar enough to allow for immersion/enjoyment. These days it's been Shimripl casual, love it to bits and can't get enough of it. It's like the product of hi tech recording equipment left to run in the jungle of some marshy planet.   

On 8/17/2019 at 7:25 AM, ooqpoo said:

column thirteen is one of the most beautiful things they've ever done. It's like sitting in warm summer rain and watching as the wind gently manipulates the flowers, tree branches and moves through the fields in waves. It always gives me the good shivers, calming and makes me feel effortlessly connected with my surroundings. And that's without any drugs, man ?  

It is lovely, no doubt, and I know I've said this before but that one to me feels like a revisit of the sounds of Oversteps

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2020 at 8:19 AM, xox said:

Anyone heard e0 slow-downed and pitch-downed? It’s fakn great! 

starts at 02:25:00

My God - That version of e0 from 2:25:00 - 3:02:00 is like one of the best ambient things I've heard in years. Absolutely incredible...

• Like 2

Halp! After only listening to NTS Sessions a few times, I'm finally ready to give it the focus and attention it deserves. However, I've only ever been able to update the tags on the flac files on NTS Session 3. I find this infuriating, because my player (PowerAmp) just stores them in the "unknown" folder. I purchased and downloaded NTS Sessions in flac from the Autechre/Bleep store twice now and the tags still refuse to update. I've tried updating them using the Windows file properties, using the tag editing function in PowerAmp, and tried using a free tag updating tool (sorry, can't remember which one) and still they refuse to update. Can anyone help?

7 minutes ago, bigZLiLk said:

Halp! After only listening to NTS Sessions a few times, I'm finally ready to give it the focus and attention it deserves. However, I've only ever been able to update the tags on the flac files on NTS Session 3. I find this infuriating, because my player (PowerAmp) just stores them in the "unknown" folder. I purchased and downloaded NTS Sessions in flac from the Autechre/Bleep store twice now and the tags still refuse to update. I've tried updating them using the Windows file properties, using the tag editing function in PowerAmp, and tried using a free tag updating tool (sorry, can't remember which one) and still they refuse to update. Can anyone help?

I haven't checked on the NTS flacs, but mp3tag has never let me down.

Thanks IDEM. Just checked and mp3tag shows the tags are present and correct, so maybe the issue is with PowerAmp. Can anyone recommend another music app for Android?

I've sworn by poweramp for years on my android phones and never had any tagging issues. I use foobar2000 to tag/listen to my files on PC though

1 hour ago, bigZLiLk said:

Can anyone help?

You need to convert the FLACs to RealAudio (.ra) format for them to work properly on your phone. It's very important that you delete the FLAC files after you have converted them.

• Thanks 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

3 hours ago, bigZLiLk said:

Thanks IDEM. Just checked and mp3tag shows the tags are present and correct, so maybe the issue is with PowerAmp. Can anyone recommend another music app for Android?

This has been my music player of choice for the last couple of years. Frequently updated and cracking playback support for crazy high sample rates - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro

• 1 month later...