I don't mind listening to it twice in the space of 35 minutes either. Not sure about the first segment that was cut, I think the more direct transition in the edit works perfectly. But the second extra bit is sweet.

I agree, the collapsey bit that was cut sounds good in isolation, but the transition in the original definitely works better. The extended ending is better tho.

Got someone to have a listen and review, not an Aphex fan. Results are quite fair and interesting:

Ok, the third song is immensely cool but am getting all sorts of weird vibes. (And you're going to hate me for saying this); anything from various hip hop elements to NiN and Badalamenti. On track 4 now and this is growing on me.

Best review so far tbh.

abundance doesn't really do much for me, it's built around a sample which feels kinda kitschy and off-putting to me to begin with and the melodies are kinda tired and the track sort just meanders along for me... maybe time will warm it up to me

Guess I’ll be listening to the EP starting from 1st 44, skipping T69 because durichroma is so much better. It is a 5 track EP for me.

What the heck are you talking about?

I don't mind listening to it twice in the space of 35 minutes either. Not sure about the first segment that was cut, I think the more direct transition in the edit works perfectly. But the second extra bit is sweet.

I agree, the collapsey bit that was cut sounds good in isolation, but the transition in the original definitely works better. The extended ending is better tho.

What the heck are you guys talking about?

Guess I’ll be listening to the EP starting from 1st 44, skipping T69 because durichroma is so much better. It is a 5 track EP for me.

Just saying I like one version better than the other. The extra parts in durichroma sweetened the track for me and now I don’t really enjoy the original that much. Durichroma hits all the right spots, while the former now kinda lacks something. Might change for me after a while but this is how I feel about those two tracks now.

edit: aahh, now I see you probably didn’t know there was another version :) my bad.

Edited by bulut

What the heck are you guys talking about?

if you're not aware of the bonus track, see https://aphextwin.warp.net/

Guest Agent1394

any clue on the meaning of

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle."

??

dunno,  maybe from the uk tv show "countdown" numbers round? dunno why though unless its a hint at a countdown?!

If you go here: https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/109100-aphex-twin-collapse-ep

U see prototypes or something of the ltd sleeve

In addition to recent aphex site shenanigans, I know the ship on the audio player was known about...

afx-site-03qldw9.png

But did we know about this lot...

afx-site-010jc8c.png

And was this birthday dino up on Ricardo's birthday and not spotted?

afx-site-05vkcvp.png

Can't believe that my foil 12", ordered morning went up on Aphex site, STILL hasn't arrived, but every store I went to today had copies of the foil release and my son, who ordered the cassette last week, is happily sending me pictures of the cassette that arrived yesterday. WTF.

Can't remember when Bleep hasn't failed me on a pre-order. always arrives days after the release date. How about sending the record in time Bleep? sending it out 4-5 days before the release date is not gonna cut it.

If you go here: https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/109100-aphex-twin-collapse-ep

U see prototypes or something of the ltd sleeve

In addition to recent aphex site shenanigans, I know the ship on the audio player was known about...

afx-site-03qldw9.png

But did we know about this lot...

afx-site-010jc8c.png

And was this birthday dino up on Ricardo's birthday and not spotted?

afx-site-05vkcvp.png

Nice find jason. LOL What in the hell?

Didnt see that at his birthday. Wonder what its for..