abundance is top tier afx, the perfect closer to the ep. I never expected to hear a track like that on a 2018 release, thanks afx  :cattears:  

abundance doesn't really do much for me, it's built around a sample which feels kinda kitschy and off-putting to me to begin with and the melodies are kinda tired and the track sort just meanders along for me... maybe time will warm it up to me

wtf! is the best track in the ep for me. has all the oldschool afx goodness in it.

use of samples in the ep is :ok: . just about the right amount in the right moments

any clue on the meaning of

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle."

??

Playing time of the title track.

6:39? 

5:23

:trollface:

durichroma is the only version of t69 that i listen to.

and 1st 44 and pthex are the best tracks on this ep for me atm

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

f0Vm4cX.jpg

5 track EP is a nice treat, 6th track and now it seems more like a proper body of work, in my eyes at least, probably the symmetry. Infinitely grateful, what amazing tunes, getting Houston Live version is so legit, been wanting that ever since I heard it in December 2016.

any clue on the meaning of

"Five from the top, three from the bottom

but only two from the middle."

??

Playing time of the title track.

6:39? 

5:23

:trollface:

durichroma is the only version of t69 that i listen to.

:catrecline:

If you go here: https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/109100-aphex-twin-collapse-ep

U see prototypes or something of the ltd sleeve

In addition to recent aphex site shenanigans, I know the ship on the audio player was known about...

afx-site-03qldw9.png

But did we know about this lot...

afx-site-010jc8c.png

And was this birthday dino up on Ricardo's birthday and not spotted?

afx-site-05vkcvp.png

It's the Google Chrome "no internet" dinosaur and the birthday version for Chrome turning 10. Or am I missing something..

With my current connection it takes half a minute to load one page of this thread so I'm not going to go browsing back a hundred page..

Anyway, finally downloaded and listened to this (took about an hour to download just the mp3s..)

It's p good imo ymmv

Don't know if posted yet but i think he might be influenced by jlin yo guys

All comments before the official release date are immaterial.

OK, so lets do the entire thing over! ;)

Seriously though, I'm not sure I like the contrast of the militaristic 'footwork' highhat rhythms with the more typical Aphex stuff that's happening in a couple of these tracks. There are a couple of parts where this interesting stuff happening in a track, melody-wise and rhythmically, but then these militaristic highhats kinda ruin it for me. I don't think the footwork crossover stuff is a very fruitful one, tbh. imo....

Production is top notch though. This is quality work. Musically, I'm not convinced though. It has it's moments. But again, these footwork crossover things kinda ruin it for me. Not my tea.

So yeah, discuss! ;)

No problems with the smearing reverbs though. hehe