IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

23 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

the reeeeee will be strong. might as well have included #5GIsTheFuture as well

All that matters is what Trump thinks. Many Republicans dislike the older guard of politicians. But you know that I imagine.

12 hours ago, Brisbot said:

All that matters is what Trump thinks. Many Republicans dislike the older guard of politicians. But you know that I imagine.

Republicans or Trump voters? I'm tempted to think there's a difference between the two. The Republican wears face masks. The Trump voter believes in conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

so masks are mandatory in public here in WA state now (as of yesterday). was just at the grocery store and there were a number of (100% boomer) people with their breathing holes scandalously exposed. i guess the store just can't enforce it or something? or doesn't care? most of us were being good citizens at least.

and i was leaving I saw the sheriff walk out of a nearby sandwich shop with no mask! WTF

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Oh wow, Florida and Texas really went off the deep end.... been a while since I checked in on the Corona stats (sort of been on the decline since early May where I am).  I didn't realize it was worse than ever in the US now, though I suppose that's not surprising given all that's happened recently.  Stay home whenever humanly possible!  If you do go out, marinade yourself in hand sanitizer.  Fill a super soaker with that shit and just go to town on your neighbours.  God damned disease sponges, all of them!

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

17 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

Did my monthly grocery shopping this morning.  I was the only person wearing a mask, customer or employee.  

all the more important for you to wear it. good job. you probably made a number of people think about it, and they will be more likely to wear one, next time.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3

As incompetent as Greg Abbott is, we luckily have Judge Lina Hidalgo in Harris County, and Mayor Turner trying to save lives.  We passed 2 COVID testing sites (Walgreens), and the lines were hours long.  My phone blew up with this message on Friday:

9EAA533E-F757-43CC-BAAC-C98CF73C5787.png

Let's say that they figure out the vaccine for coronavirus and it is given out from January onwards. Most of your anti-vaxxers tend towards being Trump MAGA types. They're obviously going to refuse the vaccine... so feasibly your average anti vaxxer and therefore a fairly large swathe of Trump supporters are going to gradually die out? This is wishful thinking probably.

If they sort a vaccine it's going to be very interesting to see what the uptake is. There's more pessimism about vaccines than I've ever seen in my lifetime. Do we have any anti vaxxers on WATMM?

If a vaccine comes out in Jan would you want to get it immediately? Wait for a bit to see if it kills the population first? Or never get it at all?

You can sign me the fuck up to any covid-19 vaccination trials immediately. Don't need to wait until January.

Vox's Explained has a good video going through the possible SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and what would need to happen to get it to everyone. Pretty interesting.

Apparently we would need to build factories just to make the tiny bottles the vaccines come in.

• Like 1