IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

2 hours ago, BCM said:

sorry lads, look I'm really not an anti vaxxer or anything. I believe in them as a general rule, and would advocate for children getting the usual measles, mumps, rubella etc vaccine. I realise the hypocrisy of my position, as I do indeed take over the counter medicines - paracetamol, aspirin, cough medicine etc - without thinking twice. they could be putting anything into that shit...

but still, but still... this particular vaccine, this particular pandemic. it's a fucking odd one you've got to admit. this whole fucking thing - it's like, bit sus innit. isn't it? maybe it's just me but fucking hell boys, like what the fuck.

Well pandemic of this proportion doesn't happen often.Probably the first major public health event for lots of people in the west.So i agree it's kind of odd and weird.We're not used to this.

But similar things happened in the past or in other countries.It's just that this motherfucker is a ninja and spread everywhere.If you're worried about RNA vaccines and how quick they made the vaccine, its good to know they've been working this technology since quite a few years.Personally reassured me when i had a bit of a doubt about how quickly it came out.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-are-mrna-vaccines-so-exciting-2020121021599

Edited by thefxbip
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BCM said:

sorry lads, look I'm really not an anti vaxxer or anything. I believe in them as a general rule, and would advocate for children getting the usual measles, mumps, rubella etc vaccine. I realise the hypocrisy of my position, as I do indeed take over the counter medicines - paracetamol, aspirin, cough medicine etc - without thinking twice. they could be putting anything into that shit...

but still, but still... this particular vaccine, this particular pandemic. it's a fucking odd one you've got to admit. this whole fucking thing - it's like, bit sus innit. isn't it? maybe it's just me but fucking hell boys, like what the fuck.

Echoing @fxbip, this is the first major pandemic of any kind the West had really had to deal with in most people's lifetime alive today. 

Most people in the West have had supremely cushy, free lives up to now. Suddenly they've had a level of insecurity thrust upon them that they've never had to consider or deal with.

And it's come at a time of tense politics in many countries, where the left and right have been sailing further away from each other, and every facet of life seems to be becoming a polarised issue.

This has affected how the discussion of tackling the virus has manifested. Question about the 

- severity of the virus 

- efficacy of masks and social distancing 

- wearing of masks 

- the efficacy or trustworthyness of the vaccine

all these points have become politically polarised, which has really hindered reasonable and fact-based discussion of how to tackle it. People have chosen their stance on the above points based largely upon whether they and their peers are left or right wing. 

Both extremes of the political spectrum have become more skeptical of scientific fact and reason when it doesn't support their ideological viewpoints, which is really unhelpful. Truth goes out the window in favour of ideology.

Basically, people in the West are suddenly confronted by having to consider others in their community for the first time in their lives, and the change of lifestyle and sudden removal of the freedoms they've enjoyed (taken for granted) all their lives is too much to bear, and someone must be blamed for it.

Self-responsibility and adaptability to new scenarios is something people in the West haven't had to deal with much in their lives and they're scared. 

Edited by Thu Zaw
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, BCM said:

just want to let you know that i absolutely don't agree. i see absolutely nothing wrong with these vaccines. if anything, there is more scrutiny and scientific rigorousness on these than on others. 

i could mention that these days there is a massive disinfo situation, and disinfo networks are known to be targetting the covid/vaccine topic. and they are trying to convince people of the opinion you are voicing.

• Like 5

just got my second vaccine dose

first one was Astro-Seneca

second one was Bio'n'Tech

now i am vaccine but they sayy i can only travel again in two weeks??

i should have just gotten myself infected and then self-isolate and wait till infection is over to get immunity, bcs then i couldve got immunity certificate and this whole process wouldve been faster (without putting anyone but myself in danger)

i think i couldve beaten the virus, i am helth

but weill, this was the safe option

i like this place but its getting lame. same houses, people, faces, languages etc... wanna travel to different countryy & see more world and off world stuffs etc, mayybe learn spanish in spain

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

the US Army is working on a covid vaccine for ALL coronaViruses.. so. all possible variants.. like the whole dna strain or whatever. they're hoping to figure that out so any future pandemic can be avoided.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BCM said:

Well put.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, very honest said:

just want to let you know that i absolutely don't agree. i see absolutely nothing wrong with these vaccines. if anything, there is more scrutiny and scientific rigorousness on these than on others. 

i've seen a doctor (dr sarah jarvis) on TV here in the UK talk about this issue when someone suggested / posited the approval for covid vaccines was rushed, and she said that many / most of the drugs on the market that people are very happy to take (and do in huge quantities) wouldn't be passed for use now as standards for approval have tightened / improved dramatically over the decades.

the reason they're still sold for use relies upon how rare the negative possible side effects are over the astonishing levels of use across billions of people that don't think twice about being a rare case of something going wrong, how the good done is outweighing the bad by a long way.

Edited by logboy
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, BCM said:

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 10:57 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Getting my first shot tomorrow.  Looking forward to the constant cumming.

Felt the fatigue about an hour after the shot.  I get randomly tired all the time, but this was more like a stoned tired.  Had to log out from my delivery shift.  I still ended up staying awake until after 2am, so it was just a weak tired rather than a sleepy one.  I feel normal today, except my arm is ridiculously sore (something I have not experienced with other vaccinations).  Oh, and can't stop cumming.  

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Right, so it looks like:

1) Wuhan Institute of Virology lab workers fall sick with coronavirus symptoms, Chinese government covers it up

2) International Press downplays “Lab Leak Hypothesis” as conspiracy theory, also downplays early signs therapeutics such as Ivermectin are effective in favor of development of vaccines, which take time to get to market even with EUA (see links below)

3) All the social media platforms fell in line with the vaccine as cure narrative, censored anything that didn’t fall in line with an “official narrative”. Media outlets immediately “fact check” anything by scientists that counters this narrative, often by either other media outlets or entities linked directly with vaccine manufacturers

4) Within days of the director of the NIH being questioned about Gain of Function research, mandates are suddenly lifted.

I know I’ve posted him here already but when a tenured professor of biology at a prominent university with a background in Evolutionary Biology (who got accused here of thinking too much like a scientist when all you hear is “I’m gonna trust the scientists on this one”) says this is a CRIME OF THE CENTURY (emphasis mine), man, I think you all should pay attention.  Moneyed interests may have gotten in the way of this one folks, and it may have cost an untold number of lives.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=U9xrs0VfDY8

https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/faq-on-ivermectin/

Edited by Claudius t Ansuulim
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Although I suspected this "Lab Leak Hypothesis"  to be valid for a long time, I mostly disagree with your other points. And also don't appreciate the Darkhorse assessment of it being the "crime of the century". That's just Bret sucking his own d*ck, imo. It's completely overstated. And also that Ivermectin story. Overstated and opinionated. 

A scientist with an opinion, is still someone with an opinion.

Also, if you want to critically think about your perception of this global propaganda nonsense, you could start here:

https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n747

Covid-19: Ivermectin’s politicisation is a warning sign for doctors

Edited by Satans Little Helper
  • Like 1

A single professor saying something about a field that even isn't really his doesn't tell much. You can find professors disagreeing the general consensus on any field including hard sciences like physics and even in mathematics and just going against everyone else doesn't mean you are right.

But that being said since we don't know exactly where the virus originated so we can't rule out the possibility of a lab leak. A larger conspiracy that goes beyond a cover up of an accidental leak I would find very hard to believe without hard evidence. Although, even if it was a lab leak, I don't see why I wouldn't be getting a vaccine.

We were due a pandemic at anytime anyway. We already had close calls with SARS and MERS that were also corona viruses. It was basically just a matter of time until some more contagious mutation happened. And I would be surprised if this was the worst pandemic in most of ours lifetimes.

• Like 1

Right, so it looks like:
1) Wuhan Institute of Virology lab workers fall sick with coronavirus symptoms, Chinese government covers it up
2) International Press downplays “Lab Leak Hypothesis” as conspiracy theory, also downplays early signs therapeutics such as Ivermectin are effective in favor of development of vaccines, which take time to get to market even with EUA (see links below)
3) All the social media platforms fell in line with the vaccine as cure narrative, censored anything that didn’t fall in line with an “official narrative”. Media outlets immediately “fact check” anything by scientists that counters this narrative, often by either other media outlets or entities linked directly with vaccine manufacturers
4) Within days of the director of the NIH being questioned about Gain of Function research, mandates are suddenly lifted.
I know I’ve posted him here already but when a tenured professor of biology at a prominent university with a background in Evolutionary Biology (who got accused here of thinking too much like a scientist when all you hear is “I’m gonna trust the scientists on this one”) says this is a CRIME OF THE CENTURY (emphasis mine), man, I think you all should pay attention.  Moneyed interests may have gotten in the way of this one folks, and it may have cost an untold number of lives.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/faq-on-ivermectin/

Great post, thank you. I feel anyone even remotely questioning the vaccine narrative has been unfairly condemned, even here. It should also be noted that many of the media platforms used to censor any debate around this, are owned by people with demonstrable links to the pharmaceutical industry, and who are clearly benefitting from a massive global vaccine rollout.

33 minutes ago, BCM said:

even here

*especially* here.

2 hours ago, Claudius t Ansuulim said:

All the social media platforms fell in line

Hahahaha

yes, I definitely like to get critical perspective from "DarkHorse Podcast Clips". scientists can be as fallible and stupid as anyone else, as individuals (cf. scattered climate change deniers in the scientific community). it is not a supportable argument to say "look at what this one or handful of scientists are saying which supports my views, ignore the overwhelming majority of other scientists who are taking a more rigorous peer-supported view" - and some dry-academic biology professor at that, not even someone actively involved in public health efforts. the lab-leak theory is moot until there are clear conclusions from an internationally-led investigation, which the Chinese will probably not allow. the bottom line is: even if there has been behind-the-scenes manipulation to push people towards a handful of new vaccines rather than other treatments which may or (more likely) may not have been effective on a mass scale, does that mean you should necessarily be paranoid about the new vaccines and tell people not to take them if they are clinically proven to work? no.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCM said:

Great post, thank you. I feel anyone even remotely questioning the vaccine narrative has been unfairly condemned, even here. It should also be noted that many of the media platforms used to censor any debate around this, are owned by people with demonstrable links to the pharmaceutical industry, and who are clearly benefitting from a massive global vaccine rollout.

Vaccine wariness is understandable - masses of case studies where medications have had untold side effects. Conversely, while Covid remains a reality, an ontological fact with exponential growth, in order to move forward a vaccination roll out was inevitable. Paul “I cured my stutter by mega-dosing on mushrooms, climbing up a tree in a storm which then got struck by lightning” Stamets raised boosters as an immunological concern, ie how is this sustainable without side affects long term. We’ve annulled serious disease through vaccines historically though & a refined global focus on research could crack this fucker yet. Virus remnants are part of our dna after all.

Caution seems rational about suspect conditions behind the initial outbreak. There are big players at the top of the pyramid & some of them love war. Covid has exposed how separated off we’ve become - from world changing disasters compounded by an NHS that was essentially used as a blast shield against the main shockwaves, to killing our own meat. We farm out war & arm sales as a form of foreign policy control & twat loads of drugs ??

Complacency and a form of complicity have been endemic in the UK for aeons. How long did the Great British Brexit Faff go on for, how much was wasted ? Ironic if Cummings pulls the lever on Johnson’s career yet. With Trump gone the culture war shape shifts. Unfortunately, the growing sense of a “justifiable” land confrontation in Asia gains traction the more suspicion escalates around murky Covid origins. So it goes. 

Edited by cwmbrancity
fnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • Like 1

Pfizer's vaccine generated $3.4 BILLION in revenue in revenue in Q1 alone.

"To put this in perspective, the company’s top-selling cholesterol pill Lipitor brought in $13 billion in annual sales at its peak, in 2006, and generated a total of $94 billion over a 15-year span."

"Pfizer plans to submit its COVID-19 vaccine for full approval from the Food and Drug Administration by the end of May, for people 16 years old or older in the U.S. With full approval comes marketing rights. Expect TV ads that will aim to differentiate the vaccine from its competitors."

Pfizer's stock is up 8.3% for the year.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pfizers-next-play-a-vaccine-maker-and-pandemic-partner-to-governments-11620154807

Hope everyone's looking forward to their booster shots every six months!

Edited by BCM
  • Facepalm 2

Well, I work for jnj so you bet your ass I'll be getting the jnj shot every year.  Pump that vaccine into my arm while I pump that stock, baby.

Just heard from a friend back in Ohio... His wife's sister and her husband are uber-religious and have been advocating against the covid vaccine (along with tons of members of their church) for the whole pandemic.  Well, the husband and their 12 year old kid recently got bad cases of covid, both had to be briefly hospitalized and continue to have breathing issues.  Now they're trying to advocate for the vaccine in their church and are being seriously rebuffed lol.  They're invoking the situation in India as an argument... It's so amazing how these "Christians" are suddenly becoming so concerned about others.

Edited by randomsummer
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, BCM said:

Pfizer's vaccine generated $3.4 BILLION in revenue in revenue in Q1 alone.

"To put this in perspective, the company’s top-selling cholesterol pill Lipitor brought in $13 billion in annual sales at its peak, in 2006, and generated a total of $94 billion over a 15-year span."

"Pfizer plans to submit its COVID-19 vaccine for full approval from the Food and Drug Administration by the end of May, for people 16 years old or older in the U.S. With full approval comes marketing rights. Expect TV ads that will aim to differentiate the vaccine from its competitors."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pfizers-next-play-a-vaccine-maker-and-pandemic-partner-to-governments-11620154807

Hope everyone's looking forward to their booster shots every six months!

Only relevant if people remain critical of being vaccinated and this virus gets to mutate because of it. ?

If everyone gets the shot ASAP, the 6 month scenario will be highly unlikely.

• Like 1

12 year-old hospitalised with Covid? Very very unusual, did they have underlying health conditions?

"The risk of serious Covid-19 illness in children us comparable to their risk from the flu, but many parents seem more concerned about coronavirus. The issue of risk perception has a lot to do with it."

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/21/999241558/in-kids-the-risk-of-covid-19-and-the-flu-are-similar-but-the-risk-perception-isn?t=1621961129305