IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

11 hours ago, Nebraska said:

alrighty. finished first (two?) episode

actually kinda enjoyed that. i like ben sisko and that one dame that supposedly has "a slug" inside her.  i'm hoping "the entity" in this episode has a broader story arc than just this one (two?) episodes though. the only person i thought was weak was jake sisko. he only had a few lines and somehow managed to make each one annoying. 

also- was surprised the guy with the boxy face turns into a kind of metallic liquid. not sure why that surprised me. i guess i'm used to humanoids that don't turn into stuff.

Sisko is my favourite Captain, I think he has a great character arc over the 7 seasons. Jake can be a little annoying at times, but you don't get many shows that have quite a positive view of single parent, father and son relationship. It's quite tender in places. Wait for some Jake and Nog high jinks, and some self sealing stem bolts. 

Ahhh Dax, aka the "one with the slug", is awesome. However, she would face being cancelled in today's cultural appropriation wars, for the fetishisation of Klingon culture. 

Before re-starting Voyager Season 1, I did watch the 2 parter Future's End the other night. I forgot how good some of the Voyager episodes could be, and that ep was easily up there with the other series. Love a bit of temporal prime directive shenanigans, and capitalism is bad, bad dudes. 

1 hour ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Before re-starting Voyager Season 1, I did watch the 2 parter Future's End the other night. I forgot how good some of the Voyager episodes could be, and that ep was easily up there with the other series. Love a bit of temporal prime directive shenanigans, and capitalism is bad, bad dudes. 

ah yes- the one where tuvok sports a durag to fit into the santa monica culture and janeway wears her iconic white suit with shoulder pads. the two parter episodes were always nice highlights eg: year of hell and workforce. i also loved the introduction of the hirogen later in the series, though it's a little similar to something else in sci-fi

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Bluey, it's set in my city 

my son loves that one. I like that they actually mix in a bit of dry humor from the dad dog, which parents easily catch but kids don't really pick up on.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:52 AM, Acedia said:

Man we really are living in such a good fuckin time for dramatic tv huh. Breaking bad, sopranos, better call saul, atlanta, and probably more that im forgetting.

succession, Barry, my brilliant friend, high maintenance!

• Like 2

Just binged Santa Clarita Diet and I gotta say it was hilarious. Just here to comment that a lot of people seem to be upset that it got cancelled, especially because of "that thing that happens at the end of the last episode" (had this carelessly spoiled for me and wouldn't want to do the same for others).  And I get that, but honestly, they actually wrapped up pretty much all the other storylines quite nicely by that point. Sure there are a few unanswered questions but I'm not that disappointed by its cancelation. Consider all the other shows that drag on a few seasons too long and strain to stay interesting.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 11:37 PM, caze said:

There are too many characters in S4, it's well made, acting and writing good, but a bit too much stuff crammed in there.

One episode left and I have to agree. Some of the well-know Fargo weirdness, but too many characters to the extent that I have to check out IMDB during episodes to remember what character they are talking about.

10 hours ago, scumtron said:

One episode left and I have to agree. Some of the well-know Fargo weirdness, but too many characters to the extent that I have to check out IMDB during episodes to remember what character they are talking about.

lol yeah I agree. the show is at its best when the focus is narrower. my favorite episode this season was the one in black and white since it was a vignette focused in on just a few specific characters.

So I'm on season 2 of The Boys, and I'm enjoying it, but goddamn it makes me triggered-me-timbers. Antony Starr really does a great job of making me hate him.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Braintree said:

So I'm on season 2 of The Boys, and I'm enjoying it, but goddamn it makes me triggered-me-timbers. Antony Starr really does a great job of making me hate him.

I finished season 2 last night, after Amazon gave me another month of prime for free.  End of episode 7 is a real head banger!

Yeah, he is very hateable! Great series though.  Hope s3 arrives at some point, they seemed to wrap a lot of stuff up but there are plenty of obvious jumping points for the next iteration.

• Like 2

would be nice to rewatch MILLENNIUM; loved that show back then but couldn't find it online yet. (not that i searched to hard tbh, i'm lazy.)

so right now it's succession, bojack, atlanta, curb your enthusiasm & better call saul i enjoy most.

v1.dDs3OTQwNjc7ajsxODYzOTsxMjAwOzIwMjU7M

of all the cults i've heard about, this one has to be one of the most bizarre and this is a great deep dive in who and what exactly these guys were all about.

depressingly good

• Like 3

This ranges from some decent writing and titillation, to Melrose Place quality melodrama with that bizarre Tyler Perry type Georgia drawl similar to Cardi B’s antics, and lots of tattooed asses. Ymmv

8B6488F1-1D2C-4659-82E0-59CE86329E85.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

^^^ sounds fascinating.

MV5BMjNjNDdhZGUtZWZmZS00ZDk3LTg0MzQtZmU5

this is a mess. firstly: terrible casting.  whoopi goldberg as mother abagail comes off like an even more useless guinan. second, the show jumps back and forth through the timeline that makes for an incredibly frustrating watch made even worse by the fact that they missed one of the most important parts: the spread of captain trips. 

imo- this is almost like a summary of the story done for a youtube audience with acting rather than narration.

tmp-name-2-14076-1540831261-0_dblbig.jpg

So... a couple of days ago someone at my house had the brilliant idea to suggest to watch the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch / adaptation of the Archie comic book series)
Well, with great regret over the many painful horrible hours this thing cost me I can tell you:
DO NOT WATCH IT under any circumstances!
That's all.
Be warned.
<(T.T)>

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/19/2020 at 7:10 AM, milkface said:

Been over 3 years since I last watched Breaking Bad so it's about time I give it yet another watch.

this is a total FWP that I occasionally grapple with. should I re-watch show X, or dive in to new show Y. I probably end up spending way too much time thinking about this, as opposed to just pulling the trigger and doing one or the other.

but yeah, BB is definitely one of those shows that is on my "have yet to re-watch" list. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, MaartenVC said:

So... a couple of days ago someone at my house had the brilliant idea to suggest to watch the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch / adaptation of the Archie comic book series)
Well, with great regret over the many painful horrible hours this thing cost me I can tell you:
DO NOT WATCH IT under any circumstances!
That's all.
Be warned.
<(T.T)>

Took one episode length equivalent of my life away forever but it has ended there.

Anyway, late to the party and watching raised by wolves now, seems all right and 4 episodes in, I will take a maniacal AI over religion 24/7.

Tried  mandalorian 2 but it seems it is more of the same: go to a planet, find a village, aww baby yoda, befriend a random character, kill a monster together, aww baby yoda, learn that it needs to be done again on a different planet, rinse and repeat. It is a for loop with variable skins really.

On 12/2/2020 at 6:13 AM, Enthusiast said:

How did they manage to make Moonbase 8 so unfunny?

no idea. i made it like 2/3 of the way through the first ep, and was disappointed. all 3 of those guys are so funny....idk what happened. 

seems like they felt the need to make the make it more accessible than other heidecker, armisen, john c. type stuff.