IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finished From Season 2. Definitely a show that I need to remember (in two years or whenever tf s3 drops) to just wait until the end to binge. Felt this season had a looooooot of padding which binging helps with, but no amount of binge can make up for stuff that just feels poorly paced. Part of that is introducing a ton of new characters - it means you don't spend enough time consistently with any core group of characters to establish a bond/cohesion. 

I still love the show, still find it extremely entertaining, but if I had to watch it week to week I'd hate it. I still have hopes they can reign it in for S3 - this season felt like they were playing with adding new things in to try and stretch it out, but what they really need to do is go in laser focused on executing compelling TV. Ofc everyone wants their show to run for 13 seasons, but sometimes it's better to commit to 5 and gtfo. 

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't gotten to the ending.

Spoiler

Part of me secretly hopes that this actually ends up connecting with the Dark Tower. Like, there is no way that will happen, but there are so many shades of DT in this, particularly at the end of the season. What if the mother is just on another level of the Dark Tower? There is a lot of this series that feels Dark Tower adjacent ... 

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Halfway through Season 30 and I am throwing in the towel. Can't do any more. I really wanted to be able to see it through til the end but yeah, that's just how bad it is.  [Simpsons]

absolutely surreal this show is still going... yeah don't torture yourself watching bad tv. I've tried watching Simpsons a few times probably over the past 15 years, and didn't last more than a few minutes. just can't do it. even some of the '90s classics have lost some of their appeal at this point. although the Halloween specials still hit hard on the nostalgia factor.

8 hours ago, zero said:

absolutely surreal this show is still going... yeah don't torture yourself watching bad tv. I've tried watching Simpsons a few times probably over the past 15 years, and didn't last more than a few minutes. just can't do it. even some of the '90s classics have lost some of their appeal at this point. although the Halloween specials still hit hard on the nostalgia factor.

I wanted to do it like research I guess, since yes indeed it really is baffling that they are still going. It actually seems like it's entirely an act of defiance at this point. It's just garbage television, only using beloved characters from long ago... major cognitive dissonance watching this shit.

Also by s29 or so Julie Kavner's voice has aged noticeably so Marge sounds different and it's just weird. Don't these people have enough money yet?

Edited by toaoaoad

'From' S2 was all filler. Don't think I'll watch a third.

Binged the first season of 'Silo', it's good. Hoping for a second season although I don't see where it can go from here and still be good.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

What's watmm opinion on Love Death & Robots on Netflix? It has been on 'my list' for years and years.

It's quite good and a very quick and easy watch. Just pop a couple of episodes and see if it's your thing.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, beerwolf said:

What's watmm opinion on Love Death & Robots on Netflix? It has been on 'my list' for years and years.

Definite yay.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 6:58 PM, beerwolf said:

mixed bag but yeah, would def recommend.

episodes range from 'really good' to 'meh' but due to the runtimes nothing is unwatchable.

• Thanks 1

0336ebcf-9f28-4a55-993b-012aedd47325.jpeg.50ffff9b15378cbf27fb8ea24e0caf32.jpeg

this was a harder watch than I anticipated. There's quite a bit of footage of the kids from when they were under the control of this guy, and its tough to watch, the change in personality they exhibit is so drastic it seems unreal. 

Been toying with the idea of rewatching Breaking Bad as I was wondering if I’d left enough time to pass for me to enjoy it all over again, (very few things I watch more than once, unless they are classics). Glad I did because it’s a absolute masterpiece imo. Onto Season 3 now. It’s easy my favourite of all time. Though it’s a bit naughty I do skip just a few tiny bits like Skylers baby shower (zzzzz lol) but it’s pretty much wall to wall brilliance. Now Saul, Gus and Mike are appearing things just get even better. And those two psychotic Mexican brothers! Just love it.

? ? ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 6:58 PM, beerwolf said:

Definitely give them a watch. Some shorts are amazing and others are rubbish but they're no longer than 10 minutes each so you're not losing anything by watching them.

33 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Been toying with the idea of rewatching Breaking Bad as I was wondering if I’d left enough time to pass for me to enjoy it all over again, (very few things I watch more than once, unless they are classics). Glad I did because it’s a absolute masterpiece imo. Onto Season 3 now. It’s easy my favourite of all time. Though it’s a bit naughty I do skip just a few tiny bits like Skylers baby shower (zzzzz lol) but it’s pretty much wall to wall brilliance. Now Saul, Gus and Mike are appearing things just get even better. And those two psychotic Mexican brothers! Just love it.

? ? ? 

Have you watched Better Call Saul?

41 minutes ago, milkface said:

Definitely give them a watch. Some shorts are amazing and others are rubbish but they're no longer than 10 minutes each so you're not losing anything by watching them.

Have you watched Better Call Saul?

? per cent

just as good imo

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 8:58 PM, beerwolf said:

The last series last episode was one of the most incredible animations I've ever seen. Very beautiful and out there style. 

4 hours ago, bendish said:

The last series last episode was one of the most incredible animations I've ever seen. Very beautiful and out there style. 

I’m watching the second episode now, skipped the first. Quite enjoying skipper Tom plunge his cock into the sexy blonde bird ? 

Not what I was expecting tbh. But not complaining either ?

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, bendish said:

The sound design is nuts!

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 6:02 PM, toaoaoad said:

Halfway through Season 30 and I am throwing in the towel. Can't do any more. I really wanted to be able to see it through til the end but yeah, that's just how bad it is.  [Simpsons]

I never watch any episodes past season 13 out of principle lol

I need to finish The Last of Us, I only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes. Started watching The Walking Dead and only made it through the first season and half of the second.