IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

4 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

The Texorcist is free on Epic Games if you want a text based bullet hell shooter and can play PC? 

Downloading now! Did a bit of reading on it and it looks pretty fun. ?

thank you

On 11/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, Echolalia said:

The Texorcist is free on Epic Games if you want a text based bullet hell shooter and can play PC? 

Lol I'm having a ton of fun with this game thank you, I'm only on level 4 or 5 but it's unique for sure. I'm on the uh, vegan metal band lol - wth are you supposed to do when they curse you with the soy or tofu bottle etc? I have tried surviving as long as possible and it doesn't seem to go away and I can't type in the meantime.  I'm silly, I figured it out. 

But wow the difficulty in this game ramps up quickly.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I hope Samurai Gunn 2 becomes available on Steam at some point. But from what I can tell it's Switch-exclusive. Could be a Holiday release?

I started playing the first one again last night for the first time in years. Seems almost criminal that it's localized multiplayer only.

1 hour ago, chronical said:

I'm so fucking hyped for Cyberpunk. Wish I got a PS5 in for that today, was sold out in minutes ?

I haven't really followed the development history, but I happened to see a TV feature on it a couple of days ago with some previously unreleased footage from the game, and I was surprised how average the graphics looked. I don't know on which system they were running it, but compared to, say, The Last of Us 2, it looked like something from a previous generation to me. It really surprised me because I know how much-hyped it is. Am I alone with that opinion? The hype is probably more about the gameplay, but that didn't look like they reinvented the wheel either. So what exactly is it that people are so pumped about? Genuine question, I don't know anything about it.

My PS5 arrived today. I haven't had a chance to play anything on it, but it does fit on a shelf under my TV, which is a relief. 

The next-gen/PS5 upgrade of Cyberpunk isn't out until early next year. I'm waiting for that version.

I'm still playing BOTW on Switch anyway. I should sell this PS5 for 3x and buy a new TV 

Edited by Enthusiast
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IDEM said:

I haven't really followed the development history, but I happened to see a TV feature on it a couple of days ago with some previously unreleased footage from the game, and I was surprised how average the graphics looked. I don't know on which system they were running it, but compared to, say, The Last of Us 2, it looked like something from a previous generation to me. It really surprised me because I know how much-hyped it is. Am I alone with that opinion? The hype is probably more about the gameplay, but that didn't look like they reinvented the wheel either. So what exactly is it that people are so pumped about? Genuine question, I don't know anything about it.

The Witcher 3 has been considered one of the best (open-world action-role-playing) games of the last decade, so it's only natural a lot of people are hyped for the next game from CD Projekt Red.
Even then it wasn't known for being an innovative game, but it was a truly ambitious and great game.

But I do agree, the gameplay videos of Cyberpunk I've seen looked only okayish to me too, not mind-blowing.
We can only wait and see if the gameplay is all the better when we finally have a chance to play it ourselves.
It's definitely on my radar, but people hype things up waaay too much imo. Some expect the near-impossible.

• Like 2

Ah I don’t know how “average” it looks to me, screen space reflections and some of the textures are pretty insane... per usual I expect the PC version will look a decade ahead of the console release? :trollface:

aside from ssr it will prob be one of the first games to properly use rtx 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

18 hours ago, IDEM said:

It's not supposed to be a graphical milestone. TLOU2 might look good, but what is there to explore? The story is super linear there, as it's more of an action adventure than an RPG. Which makes focusing on graphics a lot easier too.

Cyberpunk is trying to do something really special here, bringing D&D logic into a massive world, with adult themes and realistic storytelling to boot. And it looks great, to me it's a lot more of a unique artistic work compared to TLOU with the same setting you see every year, trees, cabins, old cities. Not saying TLOU is bad, but it doesn't interest me at all to go through corridor after corridor like you're supposed to. I am worried for Cyberpunk running on my base PS4, IIRC the performance on those consoles is the reason they delayed it another three weeks.

What I've read from people who have played it (an embargo just got lifted on a 16h gameplay preview for media) is that the trailers are very flashy, fast, whereas the actual game has a lot of breathers, slow moments. One of them wrote about a little side quest where you meet a monk who gives you a braindance (VR drug from what I know) where you're just seeing fields and trees, and he starts guiding you through a meditation. I love that so much, you don't have to do that, but you can choose to see for yourself how they've built this world together with the original tabletop creator. Oh and Richard Devine is doing part of the soundtrack which I'm excited for ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, chronical said:

It's not supposed to be a graphical milestone. TLOU2 might look good, but what is there to explore? The story is super linear there, as it's more of an action adventure than an RPG. Which makes focusing on graphics a lot easier too.

Cyberpunk is trying to do something really special here, bringing D&D logic into a massive world, with adult themes and realistic storytelling to boot. And it looks great, to me it's a lot more of a unique artistic work compared to TLOU with the same setting you see every year, trees, cabins, old cities. Not saying TLOU is bad, but it doesn't interest me at all to go through corridor after corridor like you're supposed to. I am worried for Cyberpunk running on my base PS4, IIRC the performance on those consoles is the reason they delayed it another three weeks.

What I've read from people who have played it (an embargo just got lifted on a 16h gameplay preview for media) is that the trailers are very flashy, fast, whereas the actual game has a lot of breathers, slow moments. One of them wrote about a little side quest where you meet a monk who gives you a braindance (VR drug from what I know) where you're just seeing fields and trees, and he starts guiding you through a meditation. I love that so much, you don't have to do that, but you can choose to see for yourself how they've built this world together with the original tabletop creator. Oh and Richard Devine is doing part of the soundtrack which I'm excited for ?

Interesting, I didn't know any of that. TLOU 2 was just an example that came to mind because I've just played it; I didn't mean to really compare the two beyond graphics. It just struck me that the character animations did look quite stiff and wooden in the clips I've seen, and I'd expected something different considering the hype train (that has reached even me, and I'm not much of a gamer at all). Not knowing anything about it really, I just wanted to hear if that's something that has been discussed in the gaming community or whatever. I figured it might be connected to a long development time or something of the sort (I know there are games that just can't compete anymore after a couple of years in development hell -- Duke Nukem Forever, anyone?).

Anyway, sounds like a cool game, and I agree that gameplay is king, so I might give it a spin when it comes out.

somewhere in between cyberpunk's open world and TLOU2's graphical beauty... lies the game i purchased last week. AC: Valhalla. i don't know why i do this to myself, so many hours drained of productivity, whyy must I know everything about the isu? anyway it's great. a little grindy, not really, fun story, the usual big and stupid almost-historical sci fi murder romp. and if you disagree, check out the conspicuous whistling coming from the haystack around the corner. see you there. i mean, uhh... *backflips down a ravine*

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, luke viia said:

somewhere in between cyberpunk's open world and TLOU2's graphical beauty... lies the game i purchased last week. AC: Valhalla. i don't know why i do this to myself, so many hours drained of productivity, whyy must I know everything about the isu? anyway it's great. a little grindy, not really, fun story, the usual big and stupid almost-historical sci fi murder romp. and if you disagree, check out the conspicuous whistling coming from the haystack around the corner. see you there. i mean, uhh... *backflips down a ravine*

Oh yeah. That's the one where a certain anime dog girl accidentally murders Santa.

11 hours ago, chronical said:

?

came here to see if folks had seen the video about the soundtrack for cyberpunk 2077. They say it's direction is inspired by sounds from 90s rave/IDM/industrial and that made me really happy. Love that richard devine is involved

Edited by Bubba69

17 hours ago, yekker said:

I picked up Luigi's Mansion 3 so that's my next game to play. 

Just finished this with my 8 year old. Super fun in co-op.

I recommend Pikmin 3 Deluxe also for co-op play. 

Edited by Extralife
  • Like 1

Lol, with all the Cyberpunk 2077 hype and remembering how overhyped games went before just going to be eating my popcorn here. Remember Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, Black & White, Elite II: Frontiers.. ?

I mean it's not necessarily a bad game but it's pretty much impossible to live up to the expectations at this point so I'm betting on a backlash anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zkom said:

Lol, with all the Cyberpunk 2077 hype and remembering how overhyped games went before just going to be eating my popcorn here. Remember Daikatana, Duke Nukem Forever, Black & White, Elite II: Frontiers.. ?

I mean it's not necessarily a bad game but it's pretty much impossible to live up to the expectations at this point so I'm betting on a backlash anytime soon.

It wasn't made by incompetent devs tho ?