1 hour ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

what i mean by this is theres no sense of excape or adventure in which the audiance is participating in like LOTR (lord of the rings) theres always a breaching into another place and its vast enouth to inspire the viewer. Theres nothing like that in lynch's MD.

thanks for the reply. I see it more like groundhog day as shifts. Doesn't really shift like the way you want it to. That said i'm not dissing Groundhog Day.

Look, its not the worst film out there. I might watch it again if they have it on a plane or something. But other than that. No. 

Groundhog Day > Mulholland Drive obv.

tenor (3).gif

20 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

why not?

I'm not saying it's not, I'm saying it is, just to get a kick out of the reactions. So, trolling basically. I'm being a troll.

2 hours ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

what i mean by this is theres no sense of excape or adventure in which the audiance is participating in like LOTR (lord of the rings) theres always a breaching into another place and its vast enouth to inspire the viewer. Theres nothing like that in lynch's MD.

thanks for the reply. I see it more like groundhog day as shifts. Doesn't really shift like the way you want it to. That said i'm not dissing Groundhog Day.

Look, its not the worst film out there. I might watch it again if they have it on a plane or something. But other than that. No. 

I soooo want to fly on whatever airline is playing Mulholland as an in-flight movie. Particularly if they still presented them as forced viewing for the entire plane....

1 hour ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

is this sarcastic? 

Not at all. I just find the idea of having Mullholland as an in flight movie amusing (bordering on the hilarious). Like, imagining a cabin full of people held captive w/any Lynch film? Tickles me. Oh, gah, like, what if it was an intercontinental flight and they did a Lynch marathon? Peoples faces would melt off. 

Its a bit diff nowadays w the movies being self selected to a degree and on the seatbacks. Sort of loses the charm of the in-flight communal experience. Also, makes the idea of lynch on the flight slightly less amusing (but only slightly)

• Like 3

I don't think the lesbo scene would pass muster with the airline film council though. afraid of too many boners popping up throughout the cabin.

• Like 1

Groundhog Day is great

Mulholland Drive is great

The Thing is great

Inception is garbage

• Like 7

I watched Carrie the other day and thought the mom was completely hilarious. 

Every time she said “roadhouse whiskey on his breath” I fucking died I have no idea why. 

• Haha 1

sometimes the comic relief was a bit too much specially in confession of murder but overall all very good with almost no dull moments... i think my favorite is still the chaser...

A Hard DayConfession of MurderThe ChaserThe Wailing

didn't give a shit about this in the 1st viewing probably cause i was stoned out of my mind but goddammit this was some moving great looking clever sci-fi...  also, amy adams :wub:

Arrival

another david lynch wanna be that makes you wanna sit trough despite all the annoying bad acting...

The Incident

tim does a great job playing a despicable hipster, can't imagine better acting than this... somehow i imagine he's a little bit like this irl...

The Comedy

lol what a twist...

Shrooms

one of the least interesting korean flicks i've ever watched... hollywood plot... really great action scenes close to the end but not nearly enough for a 125 min movie... maybe part II will be full on fight let's see...

The Witch: Part 1 - The Subversion

well i couldn't believe that most of the pranks were real so i didn't enjoy it as much as i've should... there i was with my hater personality saying that it was all staged and in the end they showed me how everything was done... take that Timothy Jay...

Bad Trip

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, Tim_J said:

didn't give a shit about this in the 1st viewing probably cause i was stoned out of my mind but goddammit this was some moving great looking clever sci-fi...  also, amy adams :wub:

Arrival

Is it just me or is Amy Adams not the plainest looking actress on earth? Lol.

4 hours ago, lyst said:

Is it just me or is Amy Adams not the plainest looking actress on earth? Lol.

She has a special place in my heart since she jerked off Philip Seymour Hoffman on The Master... 

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1

just rewatched resolution and the endless... made more sense this time cause i watched them basically back to back... really liked both this time... anyway, i couldn't really grasp the meta concepts behind it by myself, had to read some analysis on it... now i wanna watch them again...they have another movie coming out which some people think it's gonna be the 3rd and last installment...

• Like 1

“The Day Shall Come”. Black preacher gets ground up by the FBI. It’s a comedy in the vein of the excellent movie “Four Lions” (same director) but after a few chuckles in the beginning it stops being funny and it just becomes really, really sad and depressing. Not a bad movie at all, and it’s not that there isn’t enough absurdity going on, it’s just that you just stop laughing because of how awful everything is.

Edited by rhmilo

14 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Bring Back Mozex

Didn't think that was all that funny, tbh.

I was kind of amused by The Great (Catherine) but they had to mess it up by setting peasants on fire. The ending was pretty grim too.