On 8/6/2022 at 8:36 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

The first sequel (prequel, actually) to Predator worth watching. It is a simple story with some classy scripting and conjures up some vibes of the original with all the hunting in the forest. Definitely a fun ride. 

12 hours ago, Squee said:

Absolutely terrible. Predator is the perfect action movie with zero substance. It's about characters who don't know what kind of a movie they're in. It's great!
Prey has nothing to say and there's zero suspense because you as the viewer know everything there is to know. It's kinda like the The Thing prequel. Needless.

3b3n.gif

• Haha 3

On 8/8/2022 at 9:10 AM, Squee said:

Absolutely terrible. Predator is the perfect action movie with zero substance. It's about characters who don't know what kind of a movie they're in. It's great!
Prey has nothing to say and there's zero suspense because you as the viewer know everything there is to know. It's kinda like the The Thing prequel. Needless.

Yep total shit. 2/10  The actress gets those points. CGI was atrocious. Zero extra pred lore to the canon. Terrible sound design. The french asterix characters were so dumb as were the other Kamanchi characters especially the elders - standing around like muppets. 

1 minute ago, phudoshin said:

Yep total shit. 2/10  The actress gets those points. CGI was atrocious. Zero extra pred lore to the canon. Terrible sound design. The french asterix characters were so dumb as were the other Kamanchi characters especially the elders - standing around like muppets. 

Also..glaringly obvious. Predator does their thing against a hunter/gatherer tribe. Thats like Usain Bolt entering a village sports day. did i mention the CGI? awful

last night I watched Frankenhooker. A film about a guy who after his girlfriend gets run over by a lawn mower, sets about planning to reconstruct her from body parts of hot women. Getting inspiration on how to procede by self administering brain acupuncture with a drill, he decides to invite a load of hookers over to party where they accidentally ingest a load of super crack he's concocted which causes them to explode, and hey presto sexy body parts en masse. 

good trashy fun with some pretty creative special effects yet never overly gory and with a neat ending and plenty of hot 80s boobage to boot! 

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

the_shout_20762_movieposter1902.jpg

this was slow but brilliant out of ten.

john hurt is living his best life with his babe making sound fx and musique concrète until this dude (on the cover) turns up and obsessively begins living with them. it has a very passonlini feel to it (themes, photography, script) and it's also very careful and deliberate- there are many scenes where very tiny but very strange things are happening and they're deliberately unchallenged, only for something similar to happen again and end up being impossibly terrifying. 

also: alan bates = matt berry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on holiday but I watched the discreet charm of the bourgeoisie and wings of desire in a Greek herbal garden while sipping some artisanal drinks. Perfect everything. Life is good. I don't want to go home ?

Edited by Silent Member
French word hard
  • Like 4

On 8/16/2022 at 7:25 PM, ooqpoo said:

last night I watched Frankenhooker. A film about a guy who after his girlfriend gets run over by a lawn mower, sets about planning to reconstruct her from body parts of hot women. Getting inspiration on how to procede by self administering brain acupuncture with a drill, he decides to invite a load of hookers over to party where they accidentally ingest a load of super crack he's concocted which causes them to explode, and hey presto sexy body parts en masse. 

good trashy fun with some pretty creative special effects yet never overly gory and with a neat ending and plenty of hot 80s boobage to boot! 

every hennenlotter movie is gold. My personal fave is Basket Case 3

• Like 2

I haven't heard any interesting music come out of Metallicathat isn't at least 30 years old now, but I'm halfway through watching Some Kind of Monster for at least the 4th time and it gets better every time.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 2

MV5BNWJmZTU1MGYtNTliYS00OTMwLWFjMmYtYTE4

this is one of those dodgy films made during the papa doc regime so when you see some dude getting burned alive in a car, that shit was probably "for real".

the story doesn't really matter because it's a by the numbers sleazy italian exploitation with the usual story of an "exotic location" (with the number 1 todd for such a scenario gabriele tinti as protagonist), criminal/gory activity, swinger lifestyle and an ambiguous conclusion that makes it seem like the whole thing was just an excuse for the production to have a vacation in a foreign location.

Watcher - Simple but fairly effective "thriller" film where a hot girl moves to Bucharest for her husband's job and is then stalked by a creepy Romanian man who stares at her from his window. It was well shot and acted, the main actress was hot so it was easy to watch. While I believe the subtext of this film was about female anxiety and the dangers of men gaslighting women, it (unintentionally) captures hot girl behavior perfectly in that she never did any clever subterfuge or displayed any macguyver-like resourcefulness to capture or ensnare her pursuer, she just openly follows him around in broad daylight and gets upset when her husband and other men don't believe her words or tears. no attempts to build a paper trail against the villain or anything. real hot girl shit. can't stress enough how hot she was.

• Haha 1