IGNORED

Social Media's Effects On Our Minds & Lives

autopilot

51 minutes ago, IOS said:

notice how in that video where he showcases the moppetverse, there's not a single ad on display.

Relevant:

good point. whatever monstrosity this is he's about to unleash upon civilization, will no doubt include a multitude of ways to get people to buy more crap. the current targeted internet ad scheme is clearly not working on all subjected to its wrath, therefore packing the markyverse chock a block full of links to buy more stuff is no doubt going to be a big part of it.

Edited by zero
  • Thanks 1

all social media has done is create a space in which participants, even the supposedly intelligent ones, are compelled to speak and act like idiots. it brings out the worst in everyone. people who act smot on Twitter are not to be trusted either.

• Like 2

Twitter activists tell you what to think so that you sabotage yourself, politically. The real life vs twitter conundrum is too much for most people, it seems. 

On 10/29/2021 at 1:44 AM, ignatius said:

this video reminds me of philip k dick's novel the three stigmata of palmer eldritch, where people are hooked on a drug that lets them enter some sort of virtual reality, and are spending their money improving their virtual homes while otherswise living in misery

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, prdctvsm said:

all good points. there's numerous similar videos by artists all over the world. i should quit. my attention span is for shit. i've reduced and don't post a lot. like other social media i enjoy it for connecting w/friends who are far away.

• Like 2

Mind viruses propagated through social media platforms will eventually program thousands of people to commit unspeakable, grotesque atrocities at a large social gathering. It will involve cannibalism, incest, necrophilia, bestiality, coprophilia, rollerblading, hard drugs, domestic violence, and self immolation. Rituals, sigils, pyres, and exorcisms will take place under starlight in fast food parking lots in any weather, any time of day. One will take place each month in various cities and towns around the globe. Accept your fate: Live in fear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

3 hours ago, Candiru said:

Mind viruses propagated through social media platforms will eventually program thousands of people to commit unspeakable, grotesque atrocities at a large social gathering. It will involve cannibalism, incest, necrophilia, bestiality, coprophilia, rollerblading, hard drugs, domestic violence, and self immolation. Rituals, sigils, pyres, and exorcisms will take place under starlight in fast food parking lots in any weather, any time of day. One will take place each month in various cities and towns around the globe. Accept your fate: Live in fear. 

r u the Q guy with bird on shoulder?