Guest bitroast

lets just have an OPN thread and discuss OPN in there? subforum implies there is a need to manage a multitude of threads that can't be organised on a day by day basis..

apologies for being a nark.

Edited by bitroast

Anyone seen OPN live recently? Red Bull is sponsoring a show at a local venue (Triple Rock Social, Minneapolis) next wednesday that's $3 at the door if you RSVP. They say it's first come first serve for tickets but I doubt I'll have much trouble getting in if I show up a little early, after all it's obscure electronic on a Wednesday and if it isn't hip-hop or some indie bullshit the Twin Cities hipsters don't seem to care much.

How are his live performances?

Turns out Steve Davis is a massive fan of Oneohtrix Point Never

Before I clicked on the link I thought - "Surely not that Steve Davis, probably some producer I've never heard of" .... but .... :ohmy: Would never have guessed !

no desire to revisit Garden of Delete... it's all over the place, never settles into any residual zones. fuckin ADD bullshit

I'm the total opposite - took a long break listening to it and relistened, and all the chaos just seems to fall into place. Hard to describe, but loving it more.

Turns out Steve Davis is a massive fan of Oneohtrix Point Never

Before I clicked on the link I thought - "Surely not that Steve Davis, probably some producer I've never heard of" .... but .... :ohmy: Would never have guessed !

Hah yeah seems like he's really into his experimental stuff alongside dancefloor choons. Wish I was seeing him at Bloc, he's hosting a snooker tournament between some acts there too!

Saw OPN last night for $3... mindblowing show, he played for like an hour and a half, pretty much the entirery of Garden of Delete with extended bits and extra jams, had a dude on live guitar and fx up onstage with him, not sure who exactly that was, but it was great. The visuals and lights were also pretty wicked. Best $3 purchase I've ever made, even the locally based opening acts were good. All in all it was a damn good night.

12494913_10153503924356089_8556354655671

12821619_10153503924431089_6169100730369

10658889_10153503924551089_6155153334462

12832313_10153503924346089_6234230395598
12799198_10153503924461089_6729083274630

got some video I could upload too if anyone wants to see it...

UPLOAD DAT SHIT!!!

Alright, working on it... it's just a few clips, couple minutes at a time from here and there in the show as I didn't wanna be that douchebag holding up his iPhone the whole time.

(oops the view's actually sideways on this one but some of the visuals were sideways, or upside down so it really doesnt matter much while watching the clip)

If you get the chance... go see this tour, Garden of Delete is fucking intense live.

Edited by ghOsty

was hoping for him to play this when I saw him in London last year. he played mostly GOD songs and music for steamed rocks... nothing else. He played in London last month too but not sure if this was played...

If you get the chance... go see this tour, Garden of Delete is fucking intense live.

Edited by fairuzosman

• 2 weeks later...