The only 'heavy' music I'm into is a scattering of early '80s post-industrial records, but I fucking love this album. My second favourite 0PN behind R+7. Gorgeous melodies fractured through various contemporary music debris.

Lovely album,quite a lot a varied mood and sounds,melodies are beautiful,nice textures.Quite satisfied with this album.

Only thing is the weird pitched up vocals...not so sure about that...

Everything else is good.

I stopped listening to it as much because it makes me depressed. I appreciate the melancholy in his music, and I love OPN more than most artists, but...

It's not a good headspace to dwell in. I do not like the garbled horror vocals or the lyrics.

I think a big thing for me is that OPN just looks way worse each time I see him, and the music carries that as well. When I was listening to this album daily or several times a week, I felt unhealthy and felt like I was going down this uncanny rabbit hole with him.

I can listen to and enjoy Ezra, Freaky Eyes, and No Good, which I love, or other select tracks, but if I go through the whole thing, I get into that headspace.

Electronic music for me is all about emotions and mental states, and this is a harsh one. Feel me?

I stopped listening to it as much because it makes me depressed. I appreciate the melancholy in his music, and I love OPN more than most artists, but...

It's not a good headspace to dwell in. I do not like the garbled horror vocals or the lyrics.

I think a big thing for me is that OPN just looks way worse each time I see him, and the music carries that as well. When I was listening to this album daily or several times a week, I felt unhealthy and felt like I was going down this uncanny rabbit hole with him.

I can listen to and enjoy Ezra, Freaky Eyes, and No Good, which I love, or other select tracks, but if I go through the whole thing, I get into that headspace.

Electronic music for me is all about emotions and mental states, and this is a harsh one. Feel me?

i can relate to this, it's like being stuck in a sick drugtrip thinking i just raped my mother or something

OPN seems busy as hell all the time. he's playing/played a lot of shows/touring after this. plus he seemed to do a lot of press. plus he's probably working on new stuff (he's pretty prolific), he might just look tired out.

• 5 months later...

I kinda wish he dug deeper into the whole ARG/lore thing. The whole "story" aspect and the Kaoss Edge thing feels half baked. Also the fact that I bought the digital vinyls and dont have the CD booklet with the rad artwork  :catrage:  warp why didnt you print vinyl booklets you cheap cunts

Yeah GoD is aging very well. I usually never listen to Lift and No Good tho because they really sound out of place to me. The closing tracks on r+7 were my favorite, the build-up from Problem Areas to Chrome Country is rad and Still Life always give me goosebumps. I guess I'm kind of disappointed that GoD closer tracks lack that energy, especially with the I Bite Through It / Freaky Eyes combo just before them.

Yeah, I Bite Through It and Freaky Eyes are an intense combo. Mutant Standard and Could of Rage are amazing together too. I actually like No Good as the closer through, because by that point I feel like I've been put through the ringer.I don't really like Lift though, that guitar solo bit just jars me so badly, it really does sound like "DragonForce shreds". I'd love to hear this album with most of the pure cringe moments taken out, but I guess it'd be kind of like censoring the end to Terry Gilliam's Brazil... Kind of missing the point of the whole story.

Edited by ganus

I absolutely love No Good. Such a beautiful piece of work. Having a really mellow piece at the end of an intense album works for me in a perverse way. Kind of the way R Plus Seven does the same in the opposite direction really, taking it to a different place at the end.

Edited by purlieu