its like finally hearing Flaming Lips or Animal Collective after reading about how 'avant-garde' they are, hugely disappointing and makes you lose faith in all humanity

Most John Ehrlichman post ever????

not if you include the time he posted about the time as a kid he was hoping for a new set of parameters for xmas but all he got was an old bike and a Nintendo game he already had

I have the feeling that everyone who is so crazy about him have never listened to avant-garde music before

I was into Napalm Death in 1988, so fuck you.

Great post psn :biggrin::diablo:

opn albums always sound like fake leaks.

That's kind of true but I don't know, it just make the whole thing even more enjoyable imo.

Yet it sounds like a fake leak ony Lopatin could have put together !

I'm enjoying it.

Don't care much for those vocals on some tracks. They remind me of Hudson Mohawke all that radio one claptrap.

Bonus track is the best thing, IMO. Not sure about all the praise being heaped on it but it's a good album. Not the best thing I've heard all year though.

Don't care much for those vocals on some tracks. They remind me of Hudson Mohawke all that radio one claptrap.

for me they work b/c as someone mentioned before they sound like another instrument or track element - reminds of the tuss or shobaleader one, even if they have a similar phrasing as a lot of trap songs (which - this is a stretch i'm sure - kind falls into the broad angst-y teen concept i guess)

music is a far superior than hudmo's recent stuff too imo

tfw you listen to 0pn record for first time

( ´_ゝ`)---> Σ(゜д゜;) ---> ヽ(´ー`)ノ ---> ┐('~`;)┌ ---> (゚д゚) ---> (ΘεΘ;)

(*゚ノO゚)<オオオオォォォォォォォーーーーーイ!

⊂二二二( ^ω^)二⊃

Finding it difficult to enjoy this album knowing there are people out there that disagree with me. Can you change your opinions so that they're more correct? That is, like mine? Thanks in advance.

i didn't really like it that much tbh

d-lo continues to cement his place in team alco

I think you get enough praise as it is here on watmm alco, and though I usually prefer the underdog, I'm on your team. But I could defect in the future :biggrin:

Not until Mutant Standard do I raise an iota of interest.

Anyway threads are boring when everyone is all happy-clappy round the campfire. At the moment I'm happy but not clapping.

Edited by beerwolf

I'm enjoying it.

Bonus track is the best thing, IMO. Not sure about all the praise being heaped on it but it's a good album. Not the best thing I've heard all year though.

pretty much my initial impression, though i left it open that i would like it more in the future as it was certainly interesting. sure enough i'm finding more and more things i like about it, stick with it and see what you think imo.

Where are the people calling you guys out for not liking it and saying you should fuck off from their thread for commenting that you don't like what they like, and for discussing the relevant music in "their" thread?

Just curious.

Edited by StephenG

I realized a moment ago that at this point Daniel has basically created his own personal method of organizing 'movements' in his tracks—it's in R+7 and GoD, and it's that hospital flatline/censorship beep sound.

(1:52 & 3:00 in americans, 2:48 on Freaky Eyes)

I'm enjoying it.

pretty much my initial impression, though i left it open that i would like it more in the future as it was certainly interesting. sure enough i'm finding more and more things i like about it, stick with it and see what you think imo.

Where are the people calling you guys out for not liking it and saying you should fuck off from their thread for commenting that you don't like what they like, and for discussing the relevant music in "their" thread?

Just curious.

lol :p

i guess cus we handled it in more of a delicate way? you're like a chronic troll baiter compared to us just sayin'

wat

O.

I thought I was foruming properly....

I talked about which tracks I like and why I liked them.

And then I talked about which tracks I don't like and why I didn't like them.

Seemed reasonable enough to me?

Srry. I will adjust according to your feedback. :emb:

Edited by StephenG

I used to watch Fantano a lot a few years ago but i stopped because I realized he isn't telling me anything I don't already know. I checked out this review and it was kind of a waste of time because he explains daniels career and provides descriptive language when talking about the songs but never provided any kind of analysis that I haven't already thought about.

I guess this review is good for someone who has no idea who OPN is and wants an introduction to the OPN and the album

Yeah I'm not gonna watch the review; I don't mind Fantano but I think the less I know about this album the better. I don't really want to follow any of the concept behind it tbh—it's just a nice collection of sound for me to hear imo