damn your gf rules

she does :)

gig was pretty cool, like lawrenke said... soundwise it was a mixed bag unfortunately, some tracks were great on the system, some had severe spectrum troubles - too much high frequencies, weak bass.. this varied a lot between tracks. but cool, cool.

Did he play like versions of his tracks or where some of them basically the same as off the album?

hmm the abtract stuff from GOD, interludes if you will, were more extended.

probably some segments in some songs were different or re-ordered as well.

but I can't tell for sure because I'm not that familiar with the details of the album yet.

also those sound issues made certain tracks just sound completely different... e.g. sticky drama sounded rather terrible tbh, the bass was non-existant where I was standing at least.

all in all there wasn't much "surprise" in the set, but it was very much a loud and in your face crazy high-frequency meltdown with lots of strobe lighting. Dan once asked the mixing desk to shut off the strobes because they were malfunctioning (I understood that as triggering wayyy too often, but it was fun)

Edited by Guest

all in all there wasn't much "surprise" in the set, but it was very much a loud and in your face crazy high-frequency meltdown with lots of strobe lighting. Dan once asked the mixing desk to shut off the strobes because they were malfunctioning (I understood that as triggering wayyy too often, but it was fun)

That sux m80, where I was standing that sound was gr8 and the bass was booming.

Answer to my own question-looks like yellow are standard inclusions but bleep have an 'exclusive' sticker. I'm a sucker for stickers so imma get from them despite the extra £3+ delivery cost.

Also you can now stream 'Ezra' for those that have still not heard the album.

Answer to my own question-looks like yellow are standard inclusions but bleep have an 'exclusive' sticker. I'm a sucker for stickers so imma get from them despite the extra £3+ delivery cost.

I got two stickers yellow and silver

post-18185-0-20243000-1447353150_thumb.jpg

I got two stickers yellow and silver

me too with gatefold vinyl,love it!

Really hope I'll get the yellow sticker as well, it looks gorgeous.

Can't wait to grab my copy of the album tomorrow...the neighboors are for sure gonna enjoy my first listening session on speakers :diablo:

fuck, Animals is probably one of the best things I've ever heard

I really hope OPN is the start of a new wave of electronic music that doesn't have to ride stupid trends in order to be popular, I'm really sick of going to electronic gigs and hearing fkn trap hihats, drops, slowed down vocals in everything

Edited by modey

fuck, Animals is probably one of the best things I've ever heard

I really hope OPN is the start of a new wave of electronic music that doesn't have to ride stupid trends in order to be popular, I'm really sick of going to electronic gigs and hearing fkn trap hihats, drops, slowed down vocals in everything

riding trends / being original is an eternal cycle, no?

perhaps, but it's reached a critical mass of ridiculousness imo, something like this is very refreshing in comparison

So far I like everything I've heard of this album except sticky drama.

Didn't you find the vocal samples to be the same cliche vocals we hear in almost every EDM and trap song? That's why I didn't like that song tbh.

I've liked the other 3 tracks I've heard so far though.

Didn't you find the vocal samples to be the same cliche vocals we hear in almost every EDM and trap song? That's why I didn't like that song tbh.

No, it's different in this context; it's not the same as sloppy, slowed down raps imo. I thought the vocals were really well done, not mixed too high, treated as just another instrument etc.

I guess it's akin to AFX and other IDM artists using rave/trance synths in different contexts, I love that shit

edit: keep in mind though, I'm one of those weird IDM fans who likes vocals in music, so..

Edited by modey

No, it's different in this context; it's not the same as sloppy, slowed down raps imo. I thought the vocals were really well done, not mixed too high, treated as just another instrument etc.

I guess it's akin to AFX and other IDM artists using rave/trance synths in different contexts, I love that shit

edit: keep in mind though, I'm one of those weird IDM fans who likes vocals in music, so..

:beer:

Just finished listening... I really like it... which makes me worried... what if I get sick of it really quickly? It's certainly his most accessable album...

But anyway... on first impression it was very beautiful, and I hope it reveals more on repeated listens...

Georges - damn, surely that's a mistake?

I don't think so... The vinyl was shrink-wrapped, with usual stickers and all. Can anyone confirm that there is no booklet included in the vinyl edition? I shouldn't have listened to that spanish guy called ThatSpanishGuy! Just joking, I would have got the vinyl anyway... It's just that now I might get the CD as well!