Surely I'm not the only person this happens to?

no but you're the only one who constantly posts in the threads of things other people are enjoying / you are not enjoying with the same ' i dunno guys, i dont think this one is doing anything for me. ' posts over and over again.

First of all, I clearly said I'm enjoying the preview tracks.

Second, the only posts I've made are in response to others that are engaging me, asking me why I don't like it or otherwise making recommendations.

That's how a forum and two directional communication, such as conversation works.

Feel free to prove me otherwise.

Edited by StephenG

Going to buy Rifts later today as everyone seems to recommend that one.

So far I'm liking Rifts, it's not bouncing around as much as say, R+7. I'm only 45 minutes in though. (3hr album???)

Why are the digitals for GoD coming out a day after the physical? =/

Edited by StephenG

It took a very long time for me to "click" with OPN. Replica sounded to me like unfinished scraps from The Field, and r+7 sounded like the music Ross makes on Friends.

It was his older music that got me into it. I'm not sure why but I heard Returnal and immediately fell in love with that album. The first track is a blast of noise, and then there's two tracks of some of the most beautiful ambient drone I've ever heard. The rest is pretty good too of course but those first 3 tracks... WOW.

Anyway... I went back and listened to more old stuff (this is why Spotify is useful) and I also really liked Zones Without People (ESPECIALLY the title track). I just thought "why isn't he making more of this instead of all that stupid new shit".

Then I tried Replica again and it clicked. I suddenly noticed he was actually layering a lot of the same kind of synths and melodies from stuff like Zones Without People with the looped snippets of TV ads. There's a lot of subtlety to that album... but not so much that it's completely hidden. Anyway... if you're struggling to see the appeal I would try listening to his older material first and then try going back to the newer stuff later. Now I can't get enough of it... really looking forward to Garden of Delete! I'm loving the preview tracks and I'm struggling not to over play them before the rest of the album is out...

I'm not sure why but I heard Returnal and immediately fell in love with that album. The first track is a blast of noise, and then there's two tracks of some of the most beautiful ambient drone I've ever heard. The rest is pretty good too of course but those first 3 tracks... WOW.

Was my introduction to OPN too, think I just blindly bought a digital copy of Returnal when it was on sale on Bleep - Was worried I'd got bought a noise album but then that synth wash comes in on track 2 and mmmmmm just lovely :)

I can confirm that the Japanese bonus track on this is incredibly LUSH. Really adds a different tone to the album as a whole when you hear it at the end, as it sounds more upbeat imo - nice and poppy! If anyone's a Replica fan, I can say it's got this bit near the end with some sparkly bell chops, then ends with this tribal drum thing which is really neat. It's a big shame it was left off the album - I kinda see it like No Good being the mellow, sad ending, while The Knuckleheads is the alternate one that adds this glimmer of hope into the mix as the finale. It's a bit like the contrast between Corsair and From One Source All Things Depend of from BoC's Geogaddi. Highly recommended.

mMMavU8.gif

edit: need to add that the synths are the lushestestest thing on this track

srsly

I need this, NOW

Just had my first listen to this. The hour or so flew buy.

The Japanese bonus track - WTF - That bell chime goodness - how did that get left off other editions? Great upbeat ending.

Edited by fumi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj62jVbDn9E

Is this the JP bonus track? Seems to fit the description with chimes and tribal drumming, super lush either way!

jasondonervan posted that! omg that makes me happy havent seen him on here for awhile

Hey can we make this thread about something other than trying to convince Stephen that OPN is good? He'll come around on his own time or not, I think we'll all survive somehow.

Seeing him in Seattle on the 24th, really curious what the vibe of the show is going to be like. It could be a kaoss edge party or it could be a drone-y head nodder, either sounds good right now.

Looks like he just played in London anybody catch it?

Caught the London show, just over an hour of mostly new stuff, sounded absolutely fantastic on a big system! Crazy visuals to go with it. He did an encore of Music for Steamed Rocks. He's developed a crazy vocal processing thing that turns his voice into an insane pitch-shifted mess (a lot of what features on the album, but tastefully blended with everything else).

You're in for a treat! Sadly there was no merch at the show but definitely picking this up on Friday

the GF got us tickets for tonight @ berghain - stoked! this album is super.

damn your gf rules

she does :)

gig was pretty cool, like lawrenke said... soundwise it was a mixed bag unfortunately, some tracks were great on the system, some had severe spectrum troubles - too much high frequencies, weak bass.. this varied a lot between tracks. but cool, cool.

damn your gf rules

she does :)

gig was pretty cool, like lawrenke said... soundwise it was a mixed bag unfortunately, some tracks were great on the system, some had severe spectrum troubles - too much high frequencies, weak bass.. this varied a lot between tracks. but cool, cool.

Did he play like versions of his tracks or where some of them basically the same as off the album?

Damn I need to hear The Knuckleheads. Warp pls.

Physical release along with some other tracks on an ep would be amazing!

Envoyé de mon XT1072 en utilisant Tapatalk