IGNORED

Machinedrum - Human Energy

usagi

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sometimes you really think watmm isn't a place for appreciation of music, just a place where people can shit on things they don't like.

People seem to be more passionate about what they hate than what they like. If it's not for you whats the problem, we all respect your superior taste, you're cool we get it, can you fuck off and let us enjoy something you don't.

BTW, this album doesn't much have to do with crystal healing and all that directly.  I live that kind of life daily, so I should know (just like how breakcore made on amphetamines sounds obviously like music made on amphetamines).  What this DOES feel like, though, is someone happy in modern Los Angeles.  Or "Los Angeles", cuz this is definitely more in the areas that have lawns and shit.  ...This feels like modern Los Angeles, indeed (where 45 year olds can dress like they're 12 years old in 1990, and somehow that makes sense).

If it's not for you whats the problem, we all respect your superior taste, you're cool we get it, can you fuck off and let us enjoy something you don't.

At least those hating on the music are hating on the music and not telling other members to fuck off. It has nothing to do with being "cool".

It's a music discussion forum.

If everyone fucked off and didn't say anything the forums would be useless. And besides, why/how does a few people saying this is utter dogshit in any way impede how you enjoy it? Does not compute.

Edit: and maybe you're a little sensitive to people disliking the things you like, or something? I don't know.... I think you'd find studying most members' posts that for every negative thing they say they have already said 25 or more positive things.

Edit: this was at blank's post that he's now removed ;)

I'm not trying to rile him up or anything. Chassis' is a solid dude. (Meant no disrespect at all in my previous post there btw Chassis)

But I legitimately think that even the most negative of us here in the forums will say tons of positive things before saying something negative. (Me and OPN/MD/Rustie aside lol). I think in general as a community we're very supportive of smaller acts and watmmers' production as well. 

Or maybe peeps are afraid of liking this album because the cover is PINK and they're scared that having it in their library will make them look like a pretty princess, well DREAM ON ANYWAY because I'm the prettiest princess here! AHAHAHAHA!!

d7b74842d30735e097c5fd090fea0b8a.jpg

:emotawesomepm9:   :beer:

As a longtime huge Machinedrum/Travis fan and with much respect I agree with everyone that this is a place for music discussion and always has been, this album is just not for me. Not writing the dude off at all as he has released so much music that has been a big influence over the years. My VJ side project Smash TV would have never existed had it not been for him exploring that avenue back in 2008.

That said, this album is not clicking with me. I totally get needing to try new things and making what feels right in a new environment. Positivity is great but doesn't always make for great music. This feels like the cheesiest moments of Rustie/Hudson Mohawke and it's not vibing with me at the end of the day. A few really fun tracks on here and still looking forward to the next project, you can't love everything.

People saying that they don't like the album is good for discussion, repeatedly posting that you think it's dogshit isn't great for discussion.

Any, that fucking mix is great. Anvil Vapre straight in there, no messin' about.

yeah i'm enjoying this album, nice bubbly uplifting atmosphere, you can imagine it smells like aesop. however i can see why people might not like it. it doesn;t have the same machinedrum identity we're all use too. i also think he doesn't do this approach as well as he does his other (not to sure what to call these approaches) but he still does it well.

really enjoy this song, great song to wake you up and put you in a good mood

https://youtu.be/MDvqdFRmTPY

edit: the design and visuals that have been used to promote this album really undermine it imho. the single/few objects in a space aesthetic is thoughtless unlike the music. his music is usually rich and full of history where as the visuals really do not communicate this at all. the type of minimal aesthetic this music makes me think of is this stuff:

2872c46e663c17a5c9d9db33b2303932.jpg6630c7da91edc203a43f59a335465040.jpg

Positivity is great but doesn't always make for great music. This feels like the cheesiest moments of Rustie/Hudson Mohawke and it's not vibing with me at the end of the day. A few really fun tracks on here and still looking forward to the next project, you can't love everything.

anigif_enhanced-4425-1419274537-36.gif

Lol. Nice.

obligatory

compare this to vapor city and room(s), which are both expansive and life affirming while allowing for a feeling of melancholy. in its forced positive vibes i think this album completely undermines what it set out to do. maybe it's transitional, i still think vapor city and room(s) were best of decade material. hopefully this isn't a dj shadow situation...

Archived