IGNORED

BURIAL - Subtemple / Beachfires

beNito

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it's pretty shit. Peaked @ Truant/Roughsleeper. Everything since has been lacklustre

For my $.02, peak is Street Halo EP.  I can appreciate the stuff after but havent been as compelled to listen to it, whereas I was completely hooked on Street Halo

The last release I really enjoyed was Kindered. Truant/Rough Sleeper had it´s moments, but after that it all went downhill. I wanted him to try something new, but this is just awful.

I'm rather liking this one, seems a much better example of his new ambient direction than the last 12". It's got me a bit more intrigued at the idea of an ambient burial album at least.

That would be pretty sweet actually. Not that I think he's ever going to release another album again (prove me wrong Burial!).

Does he only release singles / ep things to avoid getting the hype an album would receive? A private dude might not want to receive such widespread attention again, like he did in the past.

I dunno y'all, this ep is strait-up video game ambience as far as I'm concerned. Subtemple reminds me of Zelda or Uncharted. Beachfires could be some movie soundtrack shit. I like it for what it is, better than the last couple eps. My only gripe is that LOUD vocal sample in Subtemple - how many times must Burial ruin his tracks with crummy out of place vocal samples? If I remember correctly that was in issue with both tracks on the last ep.

had a listen and can't hate it

def has that "i think i lost my buspass when i was snorting coke in the toilet of burger king" vibe

lol

Yeah this was the Tomorrow's Harvest of Burial releases. An expensive bag of chips that is mostly air but everyone keeps telling you to buy that shit for some reason.

had a listen and can't hate it

def has that "i think i lost my buspass when i was snorting coke in the toilet of burger king" vibe

Really good analogy but is cocaine the proper drug for this situation? Thinking downers, vicodin.

nobody has mentioned that beachfires sounds like a compilation of Burial song intros and outros?

it is a quite different track for him

Yeah it is basically a fleshed-out version of the 'Hiders' outro. Still v nice tho.

• 2 weeks later...

personally i am glad he keeps pushing and progressing.  Whenever he is ready for an album statement again I have to imagine it will be really interesting.

Two new pure ambient bits are welcome.   Just wish he would open the faucet more than a drip or two at a time

This is my Burial:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1905613155 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small track=237849057]

Two new pure ambient bits are welcome.   Just wish he would open the faucet more than a drip or two at a time

This. I really like both of the last singles he's done, but the real issue is how insubstantial they feel. They'd be incredible album tracks, but if you're doing two-trackers I can't help feeling they've got to be proper knockouts. I tend to listen to them one after another now, which is more satisfying. But yeah, give us an album Will. We know you have the tracks!

personally i am glad he keeps pushing and progressing.  Whenever he is ready for an album statement again I have to imagine it will be really interesting.

Blew it out of water actually! 

Archived