IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I did listen to S3 again last night and I should have something to say about it but I'm not sure I do. There's a lot of weird, a lot of good, a lot of dense, a lot of ambience and space, just....a lot. That's my problem with this right now I think, I'm not sure if it was just S3 being so sort of /out there/ but I was pretty overwhelmed by it. This could be just generally overwhelmed with all of the NTS Sessions really stacking up now (6 fucking hours of new AE my fucking god) but I think I just...I can't handle it. Too much of a good thing.

split em up into gonk and not gonk playlists. then pick your favorites from both of those and smash 'em back together. instant classic ae album, custom made for you.

is nts3 worth checking out or should i skip it?

You're behind on your reviews. Finish those up and give it a gonk

I'm not sure if I like it more than session 2 yet, but on the other hand I'm far more addicted to listening to it than session 2.

Regardless I think it's fair to say that it's by far the most interesting session so far.

For anyone curious, the sessions add up to exactly six hours so far. I dunno what that extra 1 is doing there (after 'duration')

post-16627-0-72334300-1524244029_thumb.png

Edited by qaz

I did listen to S3 again last night and I should have something to say about it but I'm not sure I do. There's a lot of weird, a lot of good, a lot of dense, a lot of ambience and space, just....a lot. That's my problem with this right now I think, I'm not sure if it was just S3 being so sort of /out there/ but I was pretty overwhelmed by it. This could be just generally overwhelmed with all of the NTS Sessions really stacking up now (6 fucking hours of new AE my fucking god) but I think I just...I can't handle it. Too much of a good thing.

chrebarl2upw.png

What are ya talking about, it's only 31 tracks!  :catrecline:

Not sure if its the "best" but NTS 3 defiantly the most interesting so far..

Regardless I think it's fair to say that it's by far the most interesting session so far.

^in camp.

man 3 is hard to pin down. to me it's easily the most inconsistent as a whole, be it in style or "quality".

slpesh and fLh are silly and annoying, which obviously is the point. the question is do they hold up as tracks rather than elaborate jokes? not sure tbqh. they're the dougie joneses of NTS sessions (thank god they don't make up 3/4 of it at least tho).

sorry for the negativity, just not feelin those, at least not now. there's plenty of amazingness on this. initial top tier: tt1, acid mwan, glos and nineFly. icari is currently growing.

Edited by jaderpansen

the .001 is embedded plans to build a trans-dimensional spacecraft that jodie foster will pilot to make first contact with aliens.

when you're 7 minutes deep into nineFLY

giphy.gif

this is kind of what nineFLY sounds like to me, except with way more liquid movement and things moving inside the honey more:

I feel this way about nineFly as well [it is my favourite piece from Session 3].

The synesthesia that it provokes within me is a warm, dense space with no ambient light at all, filled with a mass of molten glass/metal amalgam that is both becoming more liquid and more solid as it forms and deforms, flowing with the rhythm.

There is also a very refractive quality to it; a gravitational lensing of sorts - bright white and red/orange/amber light being bent into very sharp points via the morphing material, and diffuse forms as well, but never becoming completely nebulous. It smells and tastes very glassy and metallic as well, and a bit sugary.

Overall it is very pleasing - as have all the other tracks been. There are textures here that I have never heard anywhere else before, and combinations of textures that feel very uncanny and yet physically very alien and implausible.

the .001 is embedded plans to build a trans-dimensional spacecraft that jodie foster will pilot to make first contact with aliens.

when you're 7 minutes deep into nineFLY

giphy.gif

fulllol

I dunno how some of you guys are already pickin a favorite NTS season. In the end i'll prolly wind up making a mix of all my favorites like i did with quartersauce and elqueso

Edited by orchard disk

I feel this way about nineFly as well [it is my favourite piece from Session 3].

The synesthesia that it provokes within me is a warm, dense space with no ambient light at all, filled with a mass of molten glass/metal amalgam that is both becoming more liquid and more solid as it forms and deforms, flowing with the rhythm.

It grew on me quickly and is now becoming one of my favorites as well, at first I wasn't sure how I felt. 

There is also a very refractive quality to it; a gravitational lensing of sorts - bright white and red/orange/amber light being bent into very sharp points via the morphing material, and diffuse forms as well, but never becoming completely nebulous. It smells and tastes very glassy and metallic as well, and a bit sugary.

Yeah good description.

In the shitty position of being in the most ridiculous exam period while these are coming out. Literally can't spare the time to listen to them, and can't listen while I'm working cause I only concentrate on the music then. Been listening to nts 1 and 2 in 20 minute chunks while walking to and from the library, but that's it, it fucking sucks. Also scared I'm gonna end up associating the music with this awful time. Think I'm just gonna leave 3 and 4 until after exams, but reading some of the stuff on here, all I wanna do is listen to 3 now!

At least after 10 fuckin exams I'll have 8 hours of new ae as a reward.

Just noticed how [g 1 e 1] sounds like it was hewn from those plonky acoustic strum sections at the end of AE_LIVE sets.  Could be wronk though, the whole thing has been so disorienting so far (and I effing love it)

I'm driving from RI to NJ tomorrow and gonna try rolling straight through Jeff NTS Sessions 1 and 2, pee breaks in CT notwithstanding.  I bet this could be more effectively expressed through meme, but following the comedown of 32a_reflected, when elec9 7hres comes on it feels like snorting an 8ball straight back onto the Aeoverload.bingemode.express all over again.