IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Age Of

someguy

Man jason you seem to be the biggest onp fan out there thanks for the recording and very nice pics :beer:

It's been a long road, crazy in fact to think it'll soon be a decade since I first stumbled across Rifts. I know there will always be some who think OPN begins and ends at his early work, probably in a similar way to Aphex or Autechre, but he's evolved a lot as an artist, in a similar creative trajectory to the old IDM guard, and has always been changing things up and keeping it interesting along the way. Signing with Warp was the icing on the cake.

One thing I'm definitely glad I did was nab up all the early OPN releases (mostly cassettes), around about the release of Returnal, and continued to nab them going forward. Owning a copy of Eccojams makes me feel like Shkreli with the Wu-Tang album, for godsakes.

Barbican will be a blast. Knowing that performance space as I do from the Aphex shindig (6 years ago?! WUUUT), it's going to be a perfect fit for Myriad.

Edited by jasondonervan

Only way I found out about OPN was hearing about Replica, but it's still my least favourite album and I still don't get it. But all other releases by him are amazing, imho. And totally agree with jason's view on his career.

any news if myriad is going to be a tour at some point or what?

was wondering about this as well.

going to primavera in spain next week and he's playing too. same show as the one in nyc?

any news if myriad is going to be a tour at some point or what?

was wondering about this as well.

going to primavera in spain next week and he's playing too. same show as the one in nyc?

On his website he's drawing a line between Myriad shows (NYC + London) and other shows BUT it seems like he's touring with his band so maybe the only thing you won't have are the sculptures and light show?

Any chance of knowing where this house he mentions is, or photos of it? I'm really curious.

I had been sitting on this, as I thought it might have been a little too intrusive to throw pics up. Seeing how the cat is now out of the bag (looking at you, reddit) but mainly the fact that it's an openly advertised Airbnb location, I guess it's kind of okay.

d8bba0b5-7ec3-404d-a8gmod5.jpg

23498709_151436098936lpqw6.jpg

971f8b4b-4173-4882-883aoar.jpg

5e6e6c3d-ae18-4461-8e4hqi8.jpg

58724fd2-c3a4-42ee-836bpyf.jpg

Don't bang your head on the chandelier.

Edited by jasondonervan

Listened to it on the way to work this afternoon. Sounds very much like r plus seven meets GoD, but with more songs.

We'll Take It stands out as best track to me on first listen.