IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

5 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I'm back on the tools as a pharmacist and am wondering if this is a bigger community risk than the virus itself 

Our script volume has doubled with some sites doing in excess of 1000 scripts per day ... Staff running on adrenaline now but fatigue will kick in soon enough and absenteeism will start to break down operations .. we are an essential service so no shut down for us unless active infection within the team. 

Dude... sounds brutal, try and keep your head up. 

1 minute ago, pcock said:

go for it. ive had a tickly chest and the pain that you get in your lungs when you excersize in the cold when you are unfit for 7 days now. no fever or any other symptoms whatsoever.

Had mild asthma since a kid, but i used more ventolin last night than in the previous couple of seasons. At its worst it felt like stomach acid but in all the wrong areas, rancid as fk. GP did a call back this evening & now its 14days of s.i. unless it gets worse, then 999.

After nearly 6yrs in various rehabilitation programs learning to walk/think/feel/write again there's a fkn pandemic? Proof the gods have a sense of humour.

17 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I'm back on the tools as a pharmacist and am wondering if this is a bigger community risk than the virus itself 

Our script volume has doubled with some sites doing in excess of 1000 scripts per day ... Staff running on adrenaline now but fatigue will kick in soon enough and absenteeism will start to break down operations .. we are an essential service so no shut down for us unless active infection within the team. 

what do you mean back on the tools?

I think the Tories are saying this week everyone affected can get immediate statutory sick pay of 100 pound a week. I dont know how that applies to freelancers though. 

Male 40 years old.  Non smoker.  Health isn't great at moment after recent seizures, but strong enough to fight off the usual seasonal infections.  Strength and stamina of an ox.  I have an underlying health condition that complicates things slightly and have in the past had pneumonia and bronchitis as secondary infections.  Really fucking unpleasant.  I've also had a couple of 'true' fevers during flu, one where I had visual hallucinations and one where I literally had to crawl along the floor as I didn't have the strength in my legs to get to the toilet.  I know the difference between a cold and a proper nasty flu basically.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a mild snuffle and 10 being the aforementioned flu I would say I'm at a 3, pushing 4 when I get fever-ish.   

But this is all relative as the symptoms don't match up exactly with the usual illnesses at this time of year.

I've had a slight persistent cough since January post a cold, mainly at night, not unusual for me.  Since Friday that cough has changed to a much dryer cough and is consistent day and night.

The sore throat feels like it has since moved down the trachea.

I can feel it in my lungs centrally now, it's that empty-full feeling you might recognise if you've ever had a pneumonia, but it's not bad.   A little bit of shortness of breath if I exert myself but otherwise fine.

Minor headache.  Slightly fever-ish flushing around temples mainly and pain in neck.  Some muscle pain.  A bit of diarrhea this evening.

So, you would definitely know if you had these symptoms, it does feel different to the usual respiratory illnesses, but I did a full day of work from home today, I'd say productivity was 50% due to a bit of brain frog and tiredness.

I'd usually grab the opportunity to wrestle Joyrex naked and to the death at the drop of a hat, and back myself 100% to return victorious with his still warm heart between my teeth, but I'd have to postpone that right now. 

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

ScoMo is saying he won't bring in any ad-hoc, non-sustainable <6 month measures.

If he was to close schools and lockdown society, it would have to be a long-term strategy rather than for a month or something basically. Things would need to get more precarious here for him and the chief medical advisors to make those decisions.

Edited by Roo

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The fucking balls on this criminal conspiracy masquerading as a family.  Burn the Witch!

Bit harsh though. The family warrants criticism for various things, and their priorities, but this is harmless. "Burn the Witch!" is an extreme response. Choose your battles.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

my work gave the green light for working from home and /or flexible hours - outlined new procures via email, remote server access, etc.  

wife's office finally gave a go ahead for working from home coupled with a rotation of skeleton crew days

kid's daycare is still open but literally taking temps and screening kids who get dropped off - we're keeping them at home for now though 

Austin is making restaurants go take out only and bars are closed. 

went to grocery store yesterday for the first time in weeks, a HEB near my work. bit haphazard but otherwise not too busy - eggs were gone, canned food and pasta picked over and greens were mostly gone BUT literally everything else was available and/or being restocked on the fly. paper towels and toilet paper were completely picked over - I actually screamed in joy when I came across a pack of paper towels in the garage 

went to home depot to return some items, most people were staying far apart - then in line I watched a boomer aged employee hug a friend in his 70s or so who was shopping - then like one of then was like "oh, oops, let's elbow bump"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pcock said:

go for it. ive had a tickly chest and the pain that you get in your lungs when you excersize in the cold when you are unfit for 7 days now. no fever or any other symptoms whatsoever. ive also been through a general anxiety disorder which im fully aware could probably invent symptoms while going through a global pandemic. not been anywhere but to the local grocery store to buy beers since monday. i know you arent really meant to drink booze but fuck me i dont know if i can sit in my room alone for 2 weeks sober tbh.

Have also had the same lung tickle/ discomfort for about a week.

Also have generalized anxiety disorder. 

Have some mild headache symptoms and a slightly sore throat that kinda started up today.  I dunno. Not running a fever yet. Could be seasonal/mold allergies since it’s been raining and damp for about a week, too.

I’m in Orange County, CA. Tonight, all gatherings of any number of people outside of households, except for essential activities like healthcare, groceries, etc, were just banned, with police being told to enforce the lockdown. It’s not quite as restrictive as up in San Francisco, but it’s surreal as hell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roo said:

Bit harsh though. The family warrants criticism for various things, and their priorities, but this is harmless. "Burn the Witch!" is an extreme response. Choose your battles.

Jared and Ivanka actively interfered with alarms being raised at first indication, telling Drumpf to downplay it.  IMO she already has blood on her hands, and possibly millions of more American lives to come.  Now she's gonna play fucking Martha Stewart, probly to protect her branded business interests?  Pff, prosecute all of them.  Burn the witch is obviously a euphemism.   Fuck her.

21 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

This seems desperate

IMG_2886.JPG

Yeah but tbh I agree with the messaging here for once. Saudi oil is swooping in to force smaller players worldwide out of the market given the current instability. Dick move but textbook capitalism ?‍♂️

5 hours ago, kakapo said:

I am showing symptoms, and in a relative UK hotbed, living and working in central London.

I don't want to whore myself out but would people appreciate me posting developing symptoms (and recovering symptoms as well)?

Edit: To put people's minds at rest as anything else.  I don't intend this to be my epitaph.

Oh shit!! SO sorry to hear that. 
Please do! I’ll be reading. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

Our government in the Netherlands seems to have an interesting alternative approach to dealing with Covid-19. They're trying to establish group immunity. Therefore, the healthy low risk population need to get through this virus in a controlled way. (Unclear how, btw) With 50% of the population immune, the spread of the virus we be much harder.

Their reasoning is based on the fact that vaccines are at least a year away, and a sudden complete lockdown only makes sense if a vaccine will be available on short term. Otherwise, you'll end up with an indefinite lockdown (until a vaccine becomes available). So our government argues it's better to have group immunity, than to go full Wuhan. 

I think it's an interesting take. One "but" though. They need to F-ing test people. On a broader scale. There's probably some reason that's not possible right now. People need to know where they are on this thing. 

Personally, had some fever last week. Didn't last too long though. Felt better last monday. Can't say I've had Covid-19. So who knows. But if immune, I want to have my "I'm fucking immune for this bitch!" Tshirt right away so life can go on again. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Very interesting, thank you ?

what I take from those articles - SA is somewhat attempting to buffer?

(I’m short on words sorry, exhausted)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus