IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

2 hours ago, zkom said:

One would be so lucky that this would kill off the superstar DJ culture but most likely won't. The big festivals will be on hiatus this summer and probably back next year or at latest 2022.

I'm not sure how I would feel if the local underground forest party scene gets revitalized this summer due to the pandemic, lol.

You're probably right. It's the last line that I was dreaming about next year, under some hope that this all goes away.

Edited by Taupe Beats

3 hours ago, zkom said:

One would be so lucky that this would kill off the superstar DJ culture but most likely won't. The big festivals will be on hiatus this summer and probably back next year or at latest 2022.

I'm not sure how I would feel if the local underground forest party scene gets revitalized this summer due to the pandemic, lol.

You’d hope the former gets shitcanned. Those parasites & celebrity garbage in general.

No forest parties planned this summer, but NYE could see the ancient rig being reassembled & rolled out outdoors somewhere. It’s been a while.

• Like 2

There’s a vegetarian restaurant near me that shows an extra charge I’m on the receipt for the gender wage gap. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Instabuy

There is a way we could identify more patients who have Covid pneumonia sooner and treat them more effectively — and it would not require waiting for a coronavirus test at a hospital or doctor’s office. It requires detecting silent hypoxia early through a common medical device that can be purchased without a prescription at most pharmacies: a pulse oximeter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/sunday/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

10 hours ago, whosebrian said:

I saw an article on this, they said that it would catch those who are asymptomatic but in danger, but that there is a high risk of false positives because the oximeter is very sensitive to the correct placement on the finger and is usually fitted by medical professionals while at the hospital.

5 hours ago, randomsummer said:

I saw an article on this, they said that it would catch those who are asymptomatic but in danger, but that there is a high risk of false positives because the oximeter is very sensitive to the correct placement on the finger and is usually fitted by medical professionals while at the hospital.

hmm. any time i go to the doctor they put one of these on my finger. it seems as simple as taking temperature. doesn't require much expertise. you just put it on your finger and sit still and breath normally. i think you can't have sweaty hands and your finger should be dry but other than that it's pretty simple. when i was in the hospital i'd have to take off the wires etc when i got up to go pee and then put them back on when i got back to the bed and didn't have any trouble doing it even hopped up on pain meds. 

checking O2 saturation is a good indicator. i ordered one for $40 from internet after not finding one in my local pharmacy (sold out). medication side effects for me some times ape flu symptoms and i get fatigued and feel like i have to gulp air. it's weird as fuck and i went to my dr office once already because i couldn't tell if it was something new or side effects of meds??? it's frustrating and i'm sure i just needed to get out of my head and wait for things to bounce back to normal but wtf.. my doc is less than a mile from home and easy to get in for a quick check.. but i figured instead of being in that position i'd just spend $40 and get an oximeter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

whoa. also, she's 35? 

_112257961_whatsappimage2020-05-13at11.4

It's going to suck when she survives the Corona pandemic but then dies 2 months later of unchecked melanoma...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, T3551ER said:

It's going to suck when she survives the Corona pandemic but then dies 2 months later of unchecked melanoma...

or gets a paper cut that gets infected then has to amputate her arm. maybe they have medical supplies so it won't come to that.. 4 people on the island..  i wonder if it's her and 3 dudes? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Volunteer stranded on remote island for two months

spacer.png

I guess it would end up being the cleanest Island and beaches on the planet though!

Myanmar is beautiful. A shame the 'rona hasn't hit the upper echelons of the Myanmar government tho...

• Like 1

I heard sunshine ages your skin but that's just ridiculous

• Farnsworth 1