IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

50 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Visiting friends and relatives is a mutual slaughter/Partying is looking for death

Pretty sure this is a Slayer lyric.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, beer badger said:

All those paranoid lunatics in America all armed to the teeth. Should be entertaining. 

the right amount of misinformation and a few matches is all it'll take. 

There are regular house trained ghosts that just like to hang out in the shadows and watch you masturbate, wild ghosts are found outside and want to take your life, like the poster says.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Not too bad, pretty fatigued but no major respiratory problems. Finally got swabbed so should find out if I am actually positive or not by Monday. Would be slightly embarrassing if this is just a poorly-timed cold.

Wife's good, symptom free and I suspect slightly pissed off that I get the run of the house while she's stuck in a hotel room.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aside from grumpy wife, all good news - glad it hasn't gotten worse. Get well soon!

Side note I'm prob going to keep bothering anyone that suspects they might have caught this by asking for updates etc. Sorry in advance. ?

• Like 5

21 hours ago, goDel said:

Yeah. Was pleasently surprised by that general ( i believe) that was on rachel maddows show. Yesterday, i believe. Trump even tweeted a clip of that with a thank you to rachel. He can be nice. Under specific circumstances.

But it's good to have some visible leadership and process to adress the current issues. And the us military is that thing which could bring some national coordination. That was missing a bit, if you just follow whats coming out of the white house snake pit.

If Trumps poll numbers keep rising, he should thank the army. And everybody else showing leadership. 

Trump's always been like that though. He will crap on someone then thank them for something a week later. I think he gets away with it since his followers seem to have short memories, enjoy "alpha male"posturing, or just don't care because he "says what we're all thinking" as many of them point out without going into further detail.

It happened repeatedly during the 2016 Republican primary. He would show his "dominance" over say, Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz, calling them out on their typical hypocritical crap (while being hypocritical of course), and when his victory was assured he'd have them endorse him, then he'd let them have the privilege of riding on his private jet as he did Chris Christie. 

I know you already know this, but I just like reminding people of it, lol. Trump is just a show for everyone who dislikes him.

Edited by Brisbot

Shame we have the shittiest possible administration during this pandemic. Wish JFK could have jumped thru a wormhole or something back in November 1963 to today, knocked out Trump like Danny Marianino did Danzig in 2004 AND proceeded to stomp him in the nuts, and led an emergency coup d'etat.

Okay, some useful information: apparently CBD is an antiviral agent (and not just physically): https://medcard.app/can-cbd-help-prevent-or-treat-the-covid-19-coronavirus/

CBD is a powerful antiviral compound – Here’s something that might encourage you a bit. CBD kills viruses. A Covid-19 virus does not want to come across a CBD molecule in a dark blood vessel — or for that matter, on your skin, or in your mouth or nose — because if he does, the bastard is toast. 

Don't smoke it though obv. Use CBD-based oils.

But for ganjaphobes, there's always Vitamin C from citrus fruits and even cranberry juice. And basic cooking ingredients like garlic, ginger, and turmeric should help boost immune defenses as well.

Edited by ambergonk
Opting to share more practical information
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Shame we have the shittiest possible administration during this pandemic. Wish JFK could have jumped thru a wormhole or something back in November 1963 to today, knocked out Trump like Danny Marianino did Danzig in 2004 AND proceeded to stomp him in the nuts, and led an emergency coup d'etat.

(sigh)

After all is said and done I wonder how much of the pandemic will be able to be blamed on the Trump administrations actions/lack of action.

When Trump originally said that it was a pandemic I was actually fairly relieved and surprised they seemed to be acting accordingly. However now New York has a ridiculous number of cases and is projected to get over 300,000 now, and you just know it didn't have to be this way.

Also wonder what conservatives will blame in place of Trump because you know there will be no criticism there. Probably say it's overblown since it is mostly concentrated in cities, where more liberals live. Also "Chinese Virus".

Edited by Brisbot

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

fb926754cee611b8d7af152d21dad5de1efeb7cb

LOL. This looks like one of those "you can make up statistics about anything" pie charts.

Well I call BS on "The Economy" bit. Most people's worries about the economy are secondary to their worries about the virus itself, and it certainly isn't #1. It feels like a lie to make people accept the 'weak' response the US govt. has had to the virus.... "can't shut down everything since the economy is more important than a few 100,000 extra deaths... see that's even what people are mostly worried about"

Edited by Brisbot

2 hours ago, Brisbot said:

LOL. This looks like one of those "you can make up statistics about anything" pie charts.

Well I call BS on "The Economy" bit. Most people's worries about the economy are secondary to their worries about the virus itself, and it certainly isn't #1. It feels like a lie to make people accept the 'weak' response the US govt. has had to the virus.... "can't shut down everything since the economy is more important than a few 100,000 extra deaths... see that's even what people are mostly worried about"

Apart from the failing dataviz, I wouldn't necessarily assume the percentages themselves are BS though.

The reason is that currently more people are confronted with the impact of the economy than the (direct) impact fo the virus (to themselves, family, o and community btw). For a significant number of people the direct impact of the virus might be relatively far away, while the impact of the economy (do I keep my job!?) can be very immediate. And not secondary either! So yeah, the economic impact is directly felt by a large share of the population, I guess.

It wouldn't surprise me if the percentages are a truthful representation of what is actually on peoples minds. Don't want to argue they are. Mind you! Just saying I wouldn't immediately discard them as BS. 

2 hours ago, baph said:

They’re really having nunavut up there. 

Damn it, I always wanted to use that but never had an opportunity.  Finally one presents itself and you beat me to it.  :catrage:

• Sad 3