IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Germans and Dutch promoting the idea that economically fucked countries borrowing trillions while we stare into the abyss of another lost decade is 'prudent'. Great news for Matteo Salvini, Marine Le Pen, retired German boomers and Vladimir Putin.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/germans-and-dutch-set-to-block-eu-corona-bonds-at-video-summit/

10 minutes ago, zero said:

hmm  i've read that it's based on 2018 taxes since 2019 tax filing deadline is extended. that story says 2019. i wonder which info is correct? 

edit: oh here is the relevant paragraph. 

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Wednesday the checks will be sent out "within three weeks" to people for whom the IRS has information. You don't need to sign up or fill out a form to receive a payment if you've been working and paying taxes since 2018.

Edited by ignatius

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

Back in Japan we had to wear separate slippers for inside our dorm. Not only there, but even some buildings at the university had their own slipper rack. This was in 2008 though.

All of that still applies today, South Korea is very similar. Any place civilized really. It’s mostly in the US and to a lesser degree Canada that o see people wearing shoes in the house. 

Yeah, shoes are for outside, why would you drag that shit into your house.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gocab said:

Yeah, shoes are for outside, why would you drag that shit into your house.

depends on the design of the homes tho.  in norway of course there is a clear division of interior and exterior for climate reasons. but the places ive lived in california and mexico i keep the doors open to the garden or terrace pretty much all day and year round. so its never been a problem to wear shoes indoors (or not) and you just sweep once a week and mop every once in a while and its fine.

1 minute ago, darreichungsform said:

I only wear shoes in other people's houses or should I say: I wear only shoes in other people's houses

but do you only wear other peoples shoes in other peoples houses?

• Like 1

But you still step in dirty shit outside even if the weather is nice. idgi

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, markedone said:

depends on the design of the homes tho.  in norway of course there is a clear division of interior and exterior for climate reasons. but the places ive lived in california and mexico i keep the doors open to the garden or terrace pretty much all day and year round. so its never been a problem to wear shoes indoors (or not) and you just sweep once a week and mop every once in a while and its fine.

Even if you don’t use a screen door, there’s still a clear delineation between inside and outside, right? I’ve lived in plenty places where it’s hot as hell year round, always take the shoes/flip-flops off before coming in the house...

22 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I only wear shoes in other people's houses or should I say: I wear only shoes in other people's houses

Do you hang up the rest of your clothes or just pile them on the floor?

15 minutes ago, Braintree said:

31 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

That's pretty fucking retarded.

Irresponsible and dangerous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I never wear them to begin with. If I ever ring at your door it will be completely naked (except for the boots). I'm warning you

Germans. Just stay away from the bbq. 

• Burger 1

4 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

I never wear them to begin with. If I ever ring at your door it will be completely naked (except for the boots). I'm warning you

if_you_dont_swing_dont_rin_mousepad.jpg

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gocab said:

But you still step in dirty shit outside even if the weather is nice. idgi

Maybe it helps that the floor here is also concrete? Carpet supremely grosses me out, I would never live in a place with carpet, so it's not like I'm inattentive to floors hygiene. Shoes just have mostly dust or harmless dirt so with a regular sweep it's no big deal to wear them inside, or not. This sounds like it needs a separate debate thread :duckhunt:

I have a unique pair of shoes for each room in my apartment. For traveling between rooms I use a replica of the indoor train set from Silver Spoons television shows from 1980s. whenever I leave the apartment I use disposable shoes which I throw away before crossing the threshold into my abode, domicile. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 3

13 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Even if you don’t use a screen door, there’s still a clear delineation between inside and outside, right? I’ve lived in plenty places where it’s hot as hell year round, always take the shoes/flip-flops off before coming in the house...

Do you hang up the rest of your clothes or just pile them on the floor?

Irresponsible and dangerous. 

I've seen that video b4, i have a feeling that if whoever the bag hit doesn't die from corona he surely did from that blast... 

15 minutes ago, markedone said:

Maybe it helps that the floor here is also concrete? Carpet supremely grosses me out, I would never live in a place with carpet, so it's not like I'm inattentive to floors hygiene. Shoes just have mostly dust or harmless dirt so with a regular sweep it's no big deal to wear them inside, or not. This sounds like it needs a separate debate thread :duckhunt:

Fuck no, hardwood floors, but, yeeah might be a little off-topic.