IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, drome said:

How many people do you know who’ve had this and died from it? Simple question.

(not aimed at disinfo mongers)

Three people.

1 hour ago, Amen Warrior said:

I don't personally know anyone whos has died from it therefore it's completely made up

Won’t even entertain the idea that the risk is extremely exaggerated then?

9 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Why is there only bullshit coming from you, drome?

Could say the same about you.

What are you all about?

You think it’s worth ruining the livelihoods of millions of people over a statistically small mortality rate?

Edited by drome

14 hours ago, drome said:

How many people do you know who’ve had this and died from it? Simple question.

(not aimed at disinfo mongers)

none.

... i also don't know any ppl from turkmenistan, ppl who traveled into space or who died in a car crash... come to think of it i don't know much shit directly in general. wooah, has my whole life been a lie??! ?

• Thanks 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Imagine the mortality rates if no measures were taken to shield vulnerable groups. Jfc

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, drome said:

So I’m the idiot for daring to question this debacle.

You’re like a bunch of cultists.

You haven't presented any arguments supporting your views, whatever they actually are - you're just challenging people to waste their time trying to convince you of things you will never accept, because you've bought into conspiracy theories, dis- and misinformation, hook, line and sinker. You're a troll with nothing scientifically verifiable - and what is worse, falsifiable - to say, so you're goading any and all on so you can keep self-reinforcing whatever it is that you think you know. There is no discussion to be had here, it's not beneficial in any shape or form to try and reason with you, because you're so far gone that accepting anything else than what you think is true would cause massive cognitive dissonance because you've invested so much of your person into unsubstantiated false beliefs. Some might find your schtick amusing and entertaining and thus keep egging you on - I won't.

KTHXBAI

Edited by dcom
  • Like 6
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Imagine the mortality rates if no measures were taken to shield vulnerable groups. Jfc

Yes, they would be much higher. The problem with prevention is, that its effects are not directly visible. If prevention is successful people tend to think no prevention is needed anymore because everything is good (prevention paradox).

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 3

it's the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. it also leaves people with permanent damage to lungs, heart, and brain. 

if we wanted to wait until we all know someone who has died from it, we can do that. we are trying to not do it that way. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, very honest said:

it's the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. it also leaves people with permanent damage to lungs, heart, and brain. 

if we wanted to wait until we all know someone who has died from it, we can do that. we are trying to not do it that way. 

Exactly, and unlike cancer and many other diseases and disorders, we know how to 100% prevent catching this one so why not do your part.

• Like 1

I live and work in the hardest hit place in my state.  We had our three worst days of the pandemic this week.  Still seem to be going ahead with our reopening plan as scheduled, even as surrounding states with proportionately far less severe spikes are shutting down.

At work the only thing they changed is that they set up a table across the room from where I work so people can take lunch there to avoid having two people in the break room at one time.