IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

These sort of conspiracies theories (population control, secret world governments, thinly veiled antisemitic 'puppetmaster' type shit) definitely belong as much to the hardcore left as they do the hardcore right. The US right wing political establishment is definitely using it to fish for voters, but there was a bit of that with corbynism here in the UK.

It's less effective as a recruitment tool for the left because left wing people are (generally) less thick

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

These sort of conspiracies theories (population control, secret world governments, thinly veiled antisemitic 'puppetmaster' type shit) definitely belong as much to the hardcore left as they do the hardcore right. The US right wing political establishment is definitely using it to fish for voters, but there was a bit of that with corbynism here in the UK.

It's less effective as a recruitment tool for the left because left wing people are (generally) less thick

Yup

On 10/15/2020 at 9:29 PM, user said:

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the tiniest bit of pride. It's quite rare for the Netherlands to have a strong 2nd half but covid has really made us pull together as a team and show what it means to be inconsiderate, hardheaded, dumb fucks.

spacer.png

I am truly sorry.

• Haha 1

So I've read speculations that the mutations we're having now are much more transmittable, but also far less deadly. Let's hope it's true. No source, because I can't remember.

14-day case notification rate per 100 000 inhabitants for weeks 40-41 in Europe:
w40_41_COVID19_EU_EEA_UK_Subnational_14d

Timeline:
Now: Increase in cases. (Check:  ECDC & Statista & Sciensano)
±0 to ±1 weeks: Increase in hospital admissions.
±1 to ±2 weeks: Increase in ICU admissions.
±2 to ±3 weeks: Increase in excess mortality. (mostly among 65+ and/or with underlying conditions) (Check in ±5 weeks:  Statista & EuroMOMO)
Hospital admissions, ICU admissions, and deaths should be lower in percentages compared to the 1st wave, because there's more testing and better care now... That's my hope at least.
Also hope we can slow down the spread.

8 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Excess mortality doesn't happen because of Covid

I saw a video on YouTube and dude seemed pretty convincing

I trust YouTube not science

it's so good they should just change the name to scienceTube

On 10/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, Amen Warrior said:

I think it's more of an authoritarian thing, and authoritarianism comes in many shapes.. 

• Like 1

@drome: do the math.

Let's just use the US as an example. Around a quarter of a million people died, out of a population of 350 million. Meaning 1 in 1400 people.

Let's also say you know about 100 people (it's probably way less, but ok). Each person has a 1/1400 chance of dying (not really, but let's keep things simple).

The chances of you knowing at least one person that died from COVID-19 is: 1/1400 * 100 meaning you have less than a 1 in 100 chance of knowing someone who died from COVID-19.

Of course, given that in reality not everyone runs an equal risk of dying from COVID-19, the odds anyone here knows anyone who died from it are even lower.

BTW, both my brother in law and my upstairs neighbor work in IC units. I can assure you they know people who died from it.

Edited by rhmilo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I was taking the piss.

259 people died so far in Norway, the odds of me knowing any of those senior citizens was pretty slim.

Edited by Silent Member