IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

With the whole situation and social distancing, people seem to go more out of their way to acknowledge each other and be nice. There's a kind of can do attitude and 'we're all in it together' feel. Reminds me a bit of my grandmother's endless tales of how folks knuckled down and got through hard times during the war. 

And honestly I'm quite enjoying the whole mask wearing thing. I have a tendency to strain my mouth/face muscles when out and about around people and the mask provides a cosy level of privacy. In that regard, I think I'd be pretty happy being a muslim woman ^^

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

With the whole situation and social distancing, people seem to go more out of their way to acknowledge each other and be nice. There's a kind of can do attitude and 'we're all in it together' feel. Reminds me a bit of my grandmother's endless tales of how folks knuckled down and got through hard times during the war. 

And honestly I'm quite enjoying the whole mask wearing thing. I have a tendency to strain my mouth/face muscles when out and about around people and the mask provides a cosy level of privacy. In that regard, I think I'd be pretty happy being a muslim woman ^^

I'm so butt-ugly the mask is actually an improvement, but it makes me painfully aware of my bad breath.

• Haha 2

They didn't declare techno to be music, they declared DJs to be musicians. They weren't legally considered that before because they play other people's music. But because they sometimes add effects they are now considered musicians by the law. That allows tax breaks for clubs because DJ sets are live music now. So the headline is completely misleading. If there is one thing I dislike it's inaccuracy.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, dingformung said:

They didn't declare techno to be music, they declared DJs to be musicians. They weren't legally considered that before because they play other people's music. But because they sometimes add effects they are now considered musicians by the law. That allows tax breaks for clubs because DJ sets are live music now. So the headline is completely misleading. If there is one thing I dislike it's inaccuracy.

when-you-ask-a-dj-if-they-play-an-instru

i'll see myself out

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Burger 1

21 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Yeah, I wanted to say the same, but then it suddenly felt so pedantic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dingformung said:

One cannot be too pedantic.

Pedanticism is by definition not a positive quality - because, well, see what I did here?

Edited by dcom
  • Burger 1