IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Hoping to get my 2nd Pfizer jab moved forward, currently booked 4th August. All being well I'll be at a festival 12th August and I want to make sure I'm over any potential side effects and fully integrated with my new parasitic AI

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Hoping to get my end Pfizer jab moved forward, currently booked 4th August. All being well I'll be at a festival 12th August and I want to make sure I'm over any potential side effects and fully integrated with my new parasitic AI

My friends and I all had tickets to a concert this weekend for a band & DJs we’ve know since high school, was gonna be the first time we’ve all seen each other since COVID. But crazy rain has moved the gig inside, during a Delta surge in Florida, with lowering vax rates, twentysomethings unmasked and unvaxxed, in an enclosed space for 12 hours, so we all decided to cancel. Yay Florida ?

• Sad 2

Nearly 45 million people - about 85% of all UK adults - have now received a first dose of a vaccine and about 33 million people, or more than 60% of all adults, have had a second.

This is a remarkable % of people in the UK with vaccinations, I love it.

Yet still cases are climbing, 23000 new today (23 deaths).  I guess this will eventually drop off as everyone is either vaccinated, has covid, or is dead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

My friends and I all had tickets to a concert this weekend for a band & DJs we’ve know since high school, was gonna be the first time we’ve all seen each other since COVID. But crazy rain has moved the gig inside, during a Delta surge in Florida, with lowering vax rates, twentysomethings unmasked and unvaxxed, in an enclosed space for 12 hours, so we all decided to cancel. Yay Florida ?

sensible. I recently caught covid. Luckily I have a mild case. The main sympton for me is extreme fatigue

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Hoping to get my 2nd Pfizer jab moved forward, currently booked 4th August. All being well I'll be at a festival 12th August and I want to make sure I'm over any potential side effects and fully integrated with my new parasitic AI

doesn't kick in for a few week, of course. this is one of the major timing factors being used for easing of restrictions - you might offer vaccines to everyone over 18, but they all need to have been done a few weeks prior to any action to change what can be done that resulted from it having been completed.

moderna and pfizer vaccines might protect for years. appears they train the body to fight the virus. people showed strong immune response 6+ months after being vaccinated. 

• Like 4

On 7/2/2021 at 5:58 AM, ignatius said:

moderna and pfizer vaccines might protect for years. appears they train the body to fight the virus. people showed strong immune response 6+ months after being vaccinated. 

What's up with all the downvotes on YouTube?
I mistakenly tried reading the comment section, but it was complete trash.
Is it because of the word 'could' in the title?

Edited by MaartenVC

2 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Is it because of the word 'could' in the title?

could be. there’s a lots of failure to understand science that’s still widespread.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/21/anthony-fauci-emails-criticism-science?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

the one from twitter that sticks in my mind is “died with covid, not of covid”, which misunderstands terminology for recording cause of death, and forgets comorbidities exacerbate covid 19 infections.

these days you also have covid compromising immune systems allowing fungal infections, which is starting to look like something that might not have covid recorded alongside it as a cause of death … ?

21 minutes ago, logboy said:

could be. there’s a lots of failure to understand science that’s still widespread.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/21/anthony-fauci-emails-criticism-science?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

the one from twitter that sticks in my mind is “died with covid, not of covid”, which misunderstands terminology for recording cause of death, and forgets comorbidities exacerbate covid 19 infections.

these days you also have covid compromising immune systems allowing fungal infections, which is starting to look like something that might not have covid recorded alongside it as a cause of death … ?

You mean black fungus?

On 7/3/2021 at 1:33 PM, Rubin Farr said:

You mean black fungus?

that's what i am thinking of. something about the way it's been reported as a massive issue in india (and some other places) as resulting from compromised or weakened immune systems which would normally tackle it. being vulnerable to other things as a result, rather than just another in the catalogue of symptoms. i am not sure the issue is far along enough in the studies. i am interested in it, but the way it's spoken of feels a little detached or as though relatively minor cases that are enough to cause hospitalisation might then pick up black fungus as a bigger issue. after all, i hear covid 19 causes multiple organ failure, so there's lots of things within or connected to this umbrella term?

heard a story on NPR about doctors and nurses being attacked in india. has happened many times over the last year or so. family of patient who died from covid gets upset and blames doctor for the death of the patient. one attack they beat the doctor w/a kind o fbat.. dragged him out of the hospital and bloodied him up before he escaped. 

apparently it's happening often enough that people are being charged and there's a 'crack down' on beating up doctors. 

• Confused 1

Second dose received. Full nanobot implementation expected within a week but hot damn my 5G signal is through the roof!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

When the next virus comes along that's more deadly, we're not gonna make it. 

yeah if the next one is 100% airborne, causes you to bleed out your pores so everyone knows you're infected, and you die within hours of contracting the virus, then yes, I think it will be far worse than the covid. that's essentially the zombiepocalypse, right?

if anything, this whole pandemic has made me realize I need to sharpen up the ol' survival skills. if it ever does get to a point like that, then we won't be able to calmly waddle into a grocery store to get our food with a mask on, because everyone will be scared shitless and everything will all be completely closed. more of us need to learn to live off the land. grow your own veggies. raise chickens. shit like that.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 7/7/2021 at 7:39 PM, zero said:

yeah if the next one is 100% airborne, causes you to bleed out your pores so everyone knows you're infected, and you die within hours of contracting the virus, then yes, I think it will be far worse than the covid. that's essentially the zombiepocalypse, right?

If the time from contagion to death is so short, it's easier to stop the spread because the infected die so quickly. To get something that's really dangerous it needs to have a longer asymptomatic incubation period so the infection spreads abundantly before killing the host. It's easy to recognize and avoid hosts with aggressive symptoms - a real killer would be something with a long incubation period, then a short period of light symptoms one can't tell are symptoms, then remission and then a fast burst of deadly things that leave the corpses infectious if not incinerated - oh and  not safely done, burning the corpses could produce smoke containing microparticles of soot carrying the disease, spreading it even further as the aerosols get pulled up in the atmosphere.

One thing that bugs (LOL) me about zombie things is that in reality there are a lot of insects both crawling and flying that would have an absolute feast if rotting flesh was available in zombie apocalypse quantities - carrion crawler populations would explode and dispose of the zombies, then the populations would crash - and those still alive could just wait for that to happen. With a disease that would use insects as asymptomatic hosts alongside the disease being airborne, we would be royally fucked. Getting bit by a mosquito that had already sucked blood off a sick host... malaria would be the least of our problems.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1